Chapter 35...

“sweet heart, wake up” you heard as someone pulled the covers off you. Opening your eyes, you found your mother standing before you with a smile on her face “I’m up” you mumbled. Nodding her head, she turned around and walked out of the room. The smell of a roasting turkey surrounded you, as it came through the open door. Confused as to why she was cooking a turkey so earlier in the morning, you climbed out of bed and headed out of the room. Walking semi down the hall, you looked over the banister and saw family members relaxing in the living room. Oh it’s ThanksGiving, you thought to yourself as you turned back around and went to get dressed.

Finishing getting dressed, you walked over to your bed and fell upon it. Rolling over, you starred out the window, to the house next door. And saw Scotty himself laying in bed, while watching some sport on tv. Rolling your eyes slightly you sat up in your bed and turned the tv on, it was already on GAC so there was no need for you to change it. The music to Rodney Atkins Farmers Daughter, filled your room, and you smiled slightly as you grabbed your pillow and clung to its soft fabric. Beautiful baby from the outside in, chase your dreams, but always know that road that will lead you home again.. you heard your ringtone on your phone begin to play. Picking it up, you pressed a button and opened the text

“Happy ThanksGiving, i’ll see y’all later :)”

you read the text from Scotty, you smiled slightly then texted him back almost the same thing, you looked out the window and saw Scotty looking at you, he waved, then turn his gaze back to the tv. Laughing slightly you set your phone back on the bed side table and got up off your bed, and headed out of the room.

An hour later, you were sitting on the couch, watching the Macy’s day parade, and just imagining yourself being in that one day. There was no one else in the room, your dad and the other guys of the family were out back playing some football, and your mom and the other woman were in the kitchen cooking. Someone knocked on the door then, you were just about ready to get up to answer it when your mom came running through the living room, yelling that she got it. So you just sat back down on the couch, now barely paying attention to the tv, and more focusing on who was at the door “oh hello there Scotty what can i do for you?” your mom asked “well my mom ran out of room in her fridge, and she was wondering if you could put this in yours?” you heard a deep voice say, sending butterflies into your tummy, you peeked around the corner and saw Scotty standing there on the porch holding a pie in hand, he looked at you then, making you quickly pull back and just focus on the tv. “oh sure hun” you mom said “thank you, we’ll see y’all later” Scotty said “oh well why don’t you come in here and watch the parade with (your name) you could keep her some company” you heard your mother say. The butterflies were flying at a rapid speed now, you were hoping Scotty would say yes, but another part of you didnt want him to, and you didnt know why. “i can do that” you heard Scotty say, then you heard him quietly walk into the house. Trying to make it seem like your weren’t listening in on their conversation, you put all your attention on the tv. Out of the corner of your eye you saw your mom run back into the kitchen and then Scotty walk into the room and take a seat next to you. Looking over at him you smiled, then turned your direction back to the tv. “dagum, it smells good in here” Scotty send relaxing into the couch “yeah it does” you said looking away from the tv, to acknowledge him for a moment, then turning back to the tv. “who has performed yet?” he asked “oh no one really” you said shrugging your shoulders “it’d be cool to be there right now” Scotty said getting off the couch and sitting on the floor right by you “you’ll be there one day” you said patting his shoulder “yeah, when i get a ton of money to go..” he trailed off “not if you perform” you said smiling to yourself, Scotty his head to look at you and raised an eyebrow at you “like that’s ever gonna happen” he laughed “oh it will, i know it will” you said smiling at him “sure what ever you say” he said, the room was silent then as you two just continued to watch tv.