Chapter 72...

Kicking your feet up onto the dashboard, you pushed your backpack to the floor of the truck as you leaned your head against the window. Looking out the windshield, you watched as Scotty stood there, by the back doors of the school, talking to a few friends.

Jumping slightly in your seat, to the feeling of your phone buzzing in your pocket, you quickly pulled it out and looked at the screen ‘New Message from: Clara’ you opened it up and began to read.

‘Hey, i just wanted to thank you for making my first week in Garner a good one :) means a lot!’

Opening a new text box, you began to type a message back, and once you were done you pressed send and shoved your phone back into your pocket.

Looking once again out the windshield, you realized Scotty was walking towards the truck, a soft smile spread across his face as your eyes locked with his. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he picked up his pace.

The truck’s door shut with a slam, once Scotty was inside. He looked at you, as he buckled his seat belt and gave you a smile “tired?” he asked, noticing your slightly drooped eye lids. You just nodded while sending him your sleepy smile. He smiled wider, as he started up the truck. “well don’t fall asleep we have plans tonight” he said, pulling out of the parking space and starting to make his way through the crowded parking lot. “wait we do?” you asked, eyes opening wider “i don’t remember this!” you continued “well we do now” he said, laughing lightly “okay, and what are these plans exactly?” you asked, crossing your arms “you’ll see” he said as he finally pulled out of the parking lot and started towards home.

—-

“were home” a soft, yet deep voice, whispered, disturbing your rest. Your eyes twitched for a moment, then they slowly opened. Sitting up slowly, you realized you had fallen asleep on the way home. Looking around you found Scotty sitting there, starring at you, while rubbing his shoulder “never knew it was possible for my shoulder to go to sleep” he joked “very funny” you said, lightly pushing his arm “when did i fall asleep, exactly?” you asked while smoothing down your matted hair. “you crashed at like the first stop sign” he said unbuckling his seat belt and pushing through his door, you did the same “well then, i guess i’ll see you later” you said turning towards your house “oh you definitely will” Scotty called to you as he headed for his porch. Laughing, loud enough for Scotty to here, you climbed the steps to your porch and walked to the front door

“thats one crazy boy” you whispered, as you stepped through the door. Turning around, you pushed it shut, then walked over to the living room, where you fell onto the couch. “who’s one crazy boy?” you heard coming from the stairs. Turning your head, you found your mom coming down the staircase. “Scotty” you said, shrugging as you relaxed into the couch “yeah, one boy who loves you like crazy” she said, with a soft giggle, as she headed for the kitchen. “oh yeah, sure mom!” you called out to her, as you pushed yourself up off the couch “oh i’m being serious sweet heart!” she called back, you just rolled your eyes and headed for the staircase.

Grabbing onto the staircase railing, you began to walk up them, but stopped in your tracks as you heard a knock on the door. Pivoting your body, you looked down towards the door, as a curious expression crossed your face. Slowly taking your time, you walked down the few steps, and towards the door.

Grabbing onto the knob, you twisted it. then pulled the door in your direction. No one was standing there. There was no one anywhere on the porch or on the lawn. Confused was thick on your face, but as you were about to shut the door you spotted a brown box on the floor below you. Bending over, you snatched it up in your arms then quickly stood back up and made your way into the house.Examining the box more closely, you had found your named scrawled across it, in a neat hand writing.