Chapter 13...

The sound of a car starting up woke you up out of your deep sleep. Looking out the window, you saw the McCreery families truck pulling out of the driveway, confused you looked at the clock ‘5 am July 19th’ Seeing the exact date made you jump out of bed. Pulling on a sweatshirt and sweat pants, you quickly ran out of your room “No wait!” you yelled as you ran down the stairs and out the door, by the time you got out there, the truck was gone, you could see their taillights down the street. Upset you sat down on the ground, pulling your legs up to your chest. Even though Scotty was only gonna be gone for a day or two you couldnt help but be so upset, just then you felt someone’s arms around you, you looked up and saw Scotty kneeling down by you. “SCOTTY!” you yelled attacking him with a hug, knocking him on the ground in the process. “umm hi? are you okay?” he asked concerned “yeah i’m fine, i just thought you already left, cause i saw the truck leave and you know…” you trailed off “my dads just going to fill up the gas tank and going to the store to get a few things real quick, but you did this just because you thought i already left?” he questioned “umm yeah, weird right?” “a little, but thats great knowing you care that much” “oh scotty” you laughed hugging him tighter “come on lets get you out of the cold” he said getting up and then helping you up, you then realize what he is wearing, pj pants, t-shirt and no shoes. You stop in your tracks “wait did i wake you up or something?” you asked eyeing him “well i guess you could say that, now come on its cold out here!” he said pulling you into his house, he lead you to the couch and covered you up in a blanket “you can go back to sleep if you want too, dont worry i wont be leaving till almost 7 am” he said sitting on the couch next to you “alright” you say closing your eyes and leaning your head against the back of the couch.

What felt like minutes passing was actually hours, you woke up to someone softly shaking you, you opened your eyes and looked around realizing your head was on Scotty’s chest and he was sound asleep, you quickly sat up, shocked at what you just done. Hearing a soft laugh behind you, you turned around and saw Ashley, Mike, and Judy McCreery all in the kitchen “oh umm hi” you said a little embarrassed “hi, sweetie can you wake scotty up for me please?” Judy asked, you nodded your head and then looked at scotty “Scotty wake up, its time to wake up!” you said a little above a whisper “hmm, mom five more minutes please?” he mumbled in his sleep “Scotty this isnt your mom its (your name)” as soon as you said your name, Scotty’s eyes opened up “oh hi, when did you get here?” he asked “umm whenever you brought me into the house, thats when” you laughed “oh yeah, i remember now, what time is it?” “six thirty, so you better wake up and get ready” you said standing up and pulling him up off the couch “alright alright” he said heading up the stiars. “hun can you go up with him? make sure he doesnt go back to sleep” Mike said, “sure” you said following Scotty up the stairs, you walked into his room and found him going through his dresser, getting clothes, you sat on his bed and waited, he turned around and looked at you “let me guess my mom asked you to come up here to make sure i didnt fall asleep?” he asked taking off his shirt and placing a clean one over his body “actually it was your dad” you laughed, Scotty just laughed with you as he walked out of the room to go change into his pants. You got up off the bed and looked out his window, seeing your bedroom in a different perspective “has my window always been that dirty?” you asked yourself “huh?” you heard from behind you, you quickly turned around “oh uhh nothing” you laughed “alright, come on, its almost time for me to leave” he said walking out of his room “aww alright” you said following behind him. As you walked downtstiars you realized you and Scotty were the only two in the house, he picked up his duffel bag off the chair and headed for the door, he held it open for you and you walked out into the crisp air, your parents were out there talking to Scotty’s parents, they were laughing and smiling, you walked over to them and your mom wrapped her arm around you giving you a comforting squeeze. You smiled and just listened to them talk, though out of the corner of your eye you watched Scotty place his bag int he back of the truck, as he finished he walked over to you and stood by you, you lightly nudged him with your elbow and he looked at you, you smiled at him and he sent you a warm smile back “alright well we better be hitting the road if we wanna get there in time!” Mike said, everyone began hugging each other. You and Scotty were saving your hug for last knowing it was going to be the hardest, and finally it was time to hug goodbye, you walked up to him and looked at him, he just pulled you into a hug not wanting to let you go “hurry up Scotty” Mike said, at that moment you swear you felt Scotty kiss the top of your head “bye” you whispered to him hugging him tightly for a second then letting go “i’ll see you soon, bye” he whispered as he walked away to the truck, he got in and you and your parents stood there in the driveway and watched as they pulled out, you guys waved goodbye to the, they quickly waved back and then they were on their way.

Walking through the front door house, you jumped onto the couch, your mom took a seat by you “so what did you and Scotty talk about yesterday?” you asked “alright well we were just talking to him normally, and then he gave me the piece of paper that i gave you last night and he told me to make sure you got it and said it was very important” she said quickly “thats all?” “pretty much” she said, you quickly got up from the couch and ran upstairs into your room, you picked up the note off the night stand and opened it up as fast as you could, you took a deep breathe and then began to read it.

Remember when you said that i was your American idol even if i didn’t win that trophy? Well i’m going to win it just for you, I know it may not mean a lot now, but it will soon enough. -SCM”

Slowly you folded the note and placed it back on the night stand, confused you just laid there on your bed, trying to figure out what it means.