Chapter 55...

As Friday ended, you were hoping & wishing that Scotty would be back Saturday. But when Saturday came around, you waited, there was no talk about Scotty McCreery being back in town, but still you wished he was there. You kept your eyes on the McCreery’s house, hoping to see someone there besides Mr. McCreery, but no one was. Ashley McCreery was away at college, and wasn’t coming back to town until Monday, to spend time with her family on Christmas break. And soon enough night fell, as Saturday had ended.

Rolling over in your bed, your eyes slowly opened. Yawning, you glanced at the clock, seeing that it was a little past eleven in the morning. Arching yourself up onto your elbow, you grabbed your phone and pressed the home button, waking it up. There wasn’t a single message, carefully you set your phone back down, as your partially good mood sunk a little. Kicking the blankets away, you climbed out of your bed and began stretching every muscle in your body. Then you grabbed Scotty’s sweatshirt and threw it on over your head, as you exited your room.

“morning sweet heart” your mom said, as you walked into the kitchen “morning” you said rubbing your eyes, as you took a seat at the table. “please tell me that youre not gonna be down in the dumps today?” she asked taking a seat at the kitchen table “i’ll try not to be…” you trailed off “where’s dad?” you asked “oh, he’s outside talking to Mr. McCreery” she said getting up from the table and going to the sink “alright, imma go see him” you said getting up from your chair and headed out the back door.

“yeah, we’d love to come” you heard your dad say, as you stepped out of the house. “alright, believe me it’s a ton of fun” Mr. McCreery replied. Stepping off the stairs and into the grass, you walked to the driveway, where your dad and Mr. McCreery were standing there talking. “whats going on?” you asked, Mr. McCreery looked away from your dad and looked at you, as your dad turned around and looked at you “oh, hey bud, Mr. McCreery just invited us to come to his church’s Christmas party” your dad said, a smile appearing on the edges of his lips “oh that sounds” you tried finding the right word to say “fun” you finished your sentence with a smile “oh it always is, there’s food, games, music, even santa claus” Mr. McCreery said, smiling at you even bigger than before “oh, cool” you said shrugging your shoulders, Mr. McCreery then turned his attention back to your dad “it starts at seven, see ya then” he said as he started backing up towards his house “alright!” your dad said waving, as he turned around and heading for the house, you quickly followed behind.

Walking through the door, behind your dad, you shut it tight and quickly took a seat at the table. “Hun, Mr. McCreery invited us to go to his church’s Christmas party tonight” your dad said, wrapping his arms around his wife’s waist “really? That’s so nice of him, what time?” your mom asked, turning around in his arms and wrapping her arms around his neck “seven” your dad said kissing her on the cheek “alright” she said checking her watch “well we have awhile till then, how about you take (yourname) out somewhere, i have so much to do today, and i could really use the peace and quiet around the house” your mom said, giving your dad the pleading look, “fine, come (yourname) lets go” your dad said, before kissing your mother on the lips once, and leaving out the backdoor “bye mom, love you” you said getting up from the table, giving her a small hug and running out of the house after your dad.

“where we off too?” you asked your dad, as you buckled up your seat belt “i’m not really sure, where do you want to go?” he asked turning the engine on “hmm how about grandma’s house?” you suggested, your dad let a smile show “i like that idea, to grandma’s house we go!” he said pulling out of the driveway, and began dribing to your grandma’s.

Climbing the front porch, to your grandma’s house, you stood there as your dad had knocked on the door. It was only a few mere seconds before an elderly woman had answer “oh my, i had no idea you two were coming” she said pulling her son into her arms hugging him “well it was (yourname)’s idea to surprise you” your dad said, once his mom had let go of him. Your grandma turned to you and smiled “well it is sure the best surprise i’ve gotten in awhile” she said pulling you into the hug. “aww well it’s glad to see you grandma” you said hugging her back. She pulled away and starred at you too for a moment, as you just stood out there on the porch “oh why don’t you come in” she said opening the door wider “don’t mind if we do” your dad said stepping into the house first, you followed in behind him. The smell of cinnamon surrounded you the moment you stepped in. Your grandma’s house always smelled good, with all the candles she always lights. She led you both into the kitchen “have a seat you too, what some coffee, son?” your grandma asked, your dad nodded his head as he relaxed into his chair “and let me guess, hot chocolate for you?” your grandma asked looking at you “yes please?” you said with a huge smile spreading across your face, she nodded and went to work as she continued chattering along with you two.