Chapter 4...

Tossing and turning in your sleep, you rolled around in the sheets repeatedly getting tangled up in them. Suddenly you felt like you were falling, you woke up just as your body smacked against your carpeted bedroom floor. Feeling dazed and confused you looked around the darkened room, then looked out the window, seeing the moon high up in the sky, tired as you were you slowly removed the tangled blankets away from your feet and then slowly stood up. Grabbing your phone quickly you looked at the time ‘12:00 am monday’ suddenly what had happened earlier flooded your mind, you set down your phone and slowly walked out o your bedroom, as you reached the top of the stairs you heard voices coming from downstairs, slowly you made your way down, trying not to make any sound. “well of course our daughter is in love with Scotty, cant you just see it in her eyes?” you heard your mother say “she is? how could i be so oblivious” you heard your dad say “well of course she is in love with him, he’s such a gentleman and he fits our daughters perfect type”, “she has a type?”, “well of course! all girls do!” your mother laughed. You reached the bottom of the stairs then. “so does that mean i fit your type?” you dad asked “well i married you didnt i? but anyways Judy has told me that she believes Scotty is in love with are daughter” your mom said all cheerfully “really? how does she know?” “well she says that sometimes she hears him mumble her name while he’s sleeping, and she is always catching him looking at pictures of her and whenever she brings up her name scotty instantly blushes” “well i can tell you for one thing he definitely atleast likes her” “yeah, so what were you and scotty talking about earlier?” “oh just asking for advice about a girl he likes” “did he tell you who?” “no he said i knew her too well, but that they have been friends for awhile and stuff” “umm honey?” “yes dear?” “i believe he’s talking about our daughter” “well that explains the whole that i know her very well thing” “what did he all say about her?” “well that shes smart, funny, the most beautiful girl he has ever set his eyes on…” just as your dad said those things you stumbled over your own feet as you didnt realize you were walking towards the kitchen. Both of your parents walked out into the living room finding you laying there on the ground “honey are you okay?” your mom asks, as your father comes over and picks you up “you really think Scotty likes me?” you ask, your parents look at each other and then back at you, “honey he’s crazy about you” “and he did mention you while we were talking earlier” “really? dad you need to tell me everything!” it’s almost one in the morning and you have school tomorrow!” your father says “oh come on just tell me what he said when he brought me up when you guys were talking” “fine, well now that i think about it, he actually told me that he liked you” “WHAT!” you screamed “he did?” your mom asked “yeah he walked up to me, greeted me with the same old hello, then he asked me how you were and i told him you were fine and then he just stood there for a second looking up at your window and i asked him what he was doing and he just quickly looked away and then i asked him if he had feelings for you and he sorta nodded, but thats when his dad walked up to me to ask if i could help him fix his car” your dad said, you couldnt speak let alone even breathe “alright now scoot time for you to get back to bed” your dad said “night dad, night mom” you said giving them both hugs and then running upstairs, you flopped onto your bed, covered your self up in your blankets and just looked out your window at the night sky.

The next morning you woke up to the sound of your phone going off, you picked it up and turned the alarm off, as you stepped out of bed you stretched and watched as your dog came running into your room and ending up knocking you to the floor as he covered you in doggy kisses “okay okay, thats enough” you say laughing, you got up then and headed to the bathroom. It was seven in the morning on a monday. You had a huge ridiculous smile on your face, for one reason you remeber what your dad had told you the night before and the other reason because today was a half day at school because teacher meetings. Turning the radio on in the bathroom, your man by josh turner came blasting through the speakers, you ran out of the bathroom and jumped onto your bed, when you looked up from the covers and to the house next door you saw Scotty looking your way, he was slightly laughing, you glowered at him and then opened your window “what are you looking at?” you asked “nice dance moves” he yelled back “shut up!” you yelled back jokingly, then closed your window and curtain and quickly got dressed.

Twenty minutes later you were on your way to school, even though it was a spring morning, it was slightly cold, you wrapped your arms around yourself and quickened your pace. Out of the corner of your eye you saw something pull up to the side of the road, you looked back and it was Scottys truck, he slowly drove up to you “wanna ride?” he asked as soon as he was pulled up next to you “yes please” you say getting into the truck “so are you happy we have a half day?” you asked scotty as soon as you closed the door “yeah, but i still have baseball practice right after” “hmm maybe i’ll come watch” “i’d like that” scotty said as he pulled into the school parking lot. You both got out and walked into the school.

The half day went by pretty face, nothing interesting really happened.

Standing at your locker you were getting your books to take home, as you closed your locker you heard someone call your name, you turned around and saw one of your friends running towards ya “hey, is something wrong?” you asked “no something good, i heard that new kid talking about you” “the one that was on the footballl team?” “of course him! He was saying some pretty nice things about you” “well i guess thats great?” you said with a laugh “well of course it is! he’s hot! well i better get going, my moms waiting for me, see ya” she said walking away, you waved goodbye to her and then headed in a different direction. Walking out of the school you saw the baseball team practicing, slowly you walked up to the fence and just watched the team play. “hey there cutie” you heard from behind you, you turned around and saw the new kid “um hi, whats your name again?” “it’s ricky” he said with a smug smile “yeah uhh hi ricky” you said casually as you leaned back up against the fence to watch the team practicing “hey don’t pay attention to that lousy sport” he said turning your face towards his, you backed up a little bit and he stood in front of you right up against the fence, “umm?” was all you could say, in the distance you could see a baseball coming towards the both of you, suddenly Ricky let out a scream of pain “OUCH! what the heck was that” he yelled as he turned around and looked at the baseball team, you quickly leaned down and picked up the ball and hid it behind your back, Ricky turned back around and looked at you “umm maybe one of the baseball players doesn’t like you?” you asked with a laugh “not like me? everyone likes me!” “sure?” “whatever.” he said storming away. You watched him walked away then walked back up to the fence and looked out into the field where Scotty was, you smiled at him and he winked back at you, you slightly laughed as you twirled the ball through your fingers.

Minutes later the guys were dismissed from practice, Scotty came running towards you, “good aim” you laughed “he was an easy target” he laughed as he jumped over the fence “thanks” you whipsered as you looked down at the ground, then back at him, “you’re welcome” he said hugging you, you hugged him back “now come on lets get you home before i have to throw another baseball at someone” he said as you two walked back to his truck.