Chapter 126...

Your nails tapped at the sides of the ceramic cup in front of you, resting on the table. Your eyes fixated on the dark brown liquid moving in waves inside. 

A poor amount of sunlight shown through the kitchen windows. Your eye lids began to droop. “hey, bud, wakey wakey” you jumped slightly at the sound of the voice. A deep chuckle filled the air. Turning around you found your dad grabbing a coffee cup out of the cupboard. “it’s past eleven and you’re still tired? What were you up to last night?” he asked, a sly smile on his face. “dad, can you tone down your cheeryness just a bit?” you asked, raising your hand and putting your thumb and index finger close together. He chuckled once more “well you better drink that coffee before it gets cold” he pointed out the cup in front of you. Turning back to the cup in front of you, your fingers wrapped around the handle and lifted the cup up to your lips. The hot liquid hit your tongue and soon enough your were running to the sink spitting it out. “whats wrong? Is the coffee old?” he asked, looking in his own glass. “no, I just  hate coffee” you stated, stepping away from the sink. Setting down his cup, he crossed his arms and gave you a skeptical look “if you hate coffee, then why are you trying to drink it?”. “I was tired, it helps you stay awake, I thought I might as well try it” you shrugged. He just shook his head as laughter rumbled his chest. You could all but glare at him.

“(your name)!” you could hear your mom’s trill voice call out. “in here!” you called back. She suddenly appeared in the door frame. “can you go up and help Callie finish packing? They’ll be leaving in half an hour or so” she asked, as she walked over towards your dad. “but Scotty will be over any minute now” you protested. “no buts, you’re just lucky I’m allowing you to hang out with Scotty today. I’ll send him up once he gets here” she said, giving you a soft smile. With an agitated expression you turned around and slowly walked out of the kitchen.

Your feet felt like cement as they trekked up the staircase. Why do I have to help her? All she has been is trouble throughout her stay.

Pushing the bed room door open you looked inside and found Callie standing by the side of the bed, picking up layers of clothes and stuffing them into her suitcase. “need any help?” you reluctantly offered, stepping into the room. She turned around to look at you, sending daggers in your direction, then turned back to her suitcase. Her hands fumbled with the lock on her suitcase, and soon enough you were by her side trying to help her. “(yorname) will you just go away” she said through gritted teeth. “fine” you raised your hands up defensively, while taking a few steps back. As soon as she had the lock on the suitcase secured she slipped on her shoes and grabbed the handle of the suitcase, pulling it off the bed. A few steps towards the door and the latch came undone, sending all her belongs to the floor. She was instantly on her hands and knees, scrambling to get everything back into it’s carrier. Rolling your eyes you got down on your hands and knees and began to scoop up clothes, stuffing them in her bag for her. “no (your name) stop” she said, but you just continued on. She groaned in frustration as she went even quicker picking her stuff up. A moment later you picked up her bright pink jacket and handed it towards her, that’s when your eyes landed on the finely wrapped gift resting on the floor. 

Picking it up slowly, you twirled it around in your hand and spotted a tag. Looking closer you began to read the words scrawled in the messy hand writing. ‘To: (your name) From: Scotty’. Your eyes widened as you looked towards Callie, who was too occupied with trying to get all her clothes to fit back in it’s suitcase. 

Standing up, you held the present tight as you glared down at her. “Callie.” you stated firmly. She looked up at you with an angry look set in her eyes, then she noticed the present and her eyes went wide for a millisecond before going back to anger. “That’s mine!” she all but yelled as she stood up and reached for the present. “no it’s not! My names on it! You’re the one who stole it from under the tree” you said through gritted teeth, stepping away from her. “no. it’s mine. I got it from uncle Jerry.” she said jumping over her clothes to get to you. “Callie, it clearly states to: (your name) from: Scotty, in Scotty‘s handwriting” you said pointing to the tag. “what are you talking about, you’re just blind” she said reaching once again for the box. “no I’m not, now if you excuse me” you quickly turned around and dashed out of the room. “(YOURNAME) GET BACK HERE!” she screamed, and suddenly you could hear her feet pounding against the hard wood behind you.