Chapter 6...

Walking into your bedroom, you jumped onto the bed, still in your prom dress. You didn’t want to change out of it, you knew tonight was perfect. Remembering after you and Scotty got done dancing in the baseball field, he took you home. It was a quiet drive home, but it didn’t matter, just as long as you were with Scotty everything was perfect. You laid there in your bed just trying to keep the memories fresh in your mind. It was almost midnight when you decided to change out of your dress, you got up and ran to the bathroom, took your make up off, then your dress and changed into your bed time clothes. You walked out of the bathroom and went back to your room, you turned the radio on and jumped onto your bed. Laying on your bed, you heard the sound of someone walking outside, slowly you got up and opened your window, but you didnt see anything. Without much thinking you decided to sit on your roof, but it wasnt too much of a big deal since youve done it many times before.  Carefully you climbed out the window and slowly crawled to a safer place to sit. The lyrics to Live like you were dying, by tim mcgraw came out of your window, you hummed along to the music as you sat there. The sound of someone walking started up again, along with a light smacking noise. Looking over towards the McCreery’s back yard you saw a shadowed figure throwing something against the fence. Curious you crawled to the end of the roof, leading towards your back yard, you used your hand to feel for the ladder that you set against the house. Finding it you turned around and carefully climbed down. Seconds later your feet were finally back on the ground, then you started to walk over to the shadowed figure. As you got closer you finally realized it was Scotty, you fell back a little bit to watch what he was doing. He’d throw the ball against the fence, then walked up to pick it up, twirled it between his fingers and would rub the back of his neck, or run his fingers through his hair as if he was trying to figure something out. As he threw the ball once again, you ran up behind him and jumped onto his back. He jumped a bit and spun around, not knowing it was you. “Calm down, it’s me” you said into his ear, as soon as you said the first word he calmed down instantly & you hopped off his back. He turned and looked at you and smiled “oh sorry” he said “it’s alright, so what are you doing out here?” “the question is what are you doing out here” “seeing why your out here, now why are you?” “i dont know, i just need some fresh air i guess” “fresh airs good” you laughed, he laughed too as he walked over and picked the ball up “can i try?” you asked, he tossed you the ball, you then threw the ball straight at the fence “your getting better at that” “yeah all thanks to you” you said with a smile “well i am the pro.” he laughed “do your parents know your out here?” he asked “nah, what about you?” “yeah” “and they didnt think it was weird that you came out to practice your throw?” “no, they know that baseball is my favorite sport, so they understand” “oh” you said rubbing your arms slightly to stay warm “you cold?” he asked “nah, im fine” you say, he rolled his eyes knowing you were lying, he then took off his sweatshirt and put it on you “is that better?” “much better” you said with a smile “alright now let me give you a few more pointers with that throw of yours” “i thought you said i was getting better?” “yea getting better, i never said you were good” he laughed “haha, funny Scotty, now just show me” you say picking up the ball. Scotty proceeds to show you how to throw it correctly.

Afters an hour of being out there with Scotty, you knew it was time to go in. He walked you too the ladder and gave you a hug “hopefully my interrupting you getting fresh air didnt ruin what you were actually thinking about” you said quickly “it didn’t it actually helped me make a decision, night” he said hugging you once more “hopefully its a good decision, night scotty” you say as you stood on your tiptoes and lightly kissed his cheek, you then smiled at him and turned back around and climbed up the ladder and crawled through your bedroom window. “(yourname)” he called up “yeah?” you asked as you stuck your head out the window “trust me, it’s a good decision in my opinion” he said with a smile as he winked at you, you giggled “night Scotty, see you tomorrow, maybe” you say as you shut the window, you watched him slowly start to walk backwards as he kept his eyes on you, then when he reached his porch he finally turned around and went into his house.

Climbing into bed an hour later, you looked over towards the McCreery’s house, you saw Scott in his room playing the guitar, you smiled as you just watched him play. The thought of what Scotty was trying decide wouldnt get out of your mind, it just kept coming back into your head everytime you tried to think of something else. Finally you just decided to let to stay until you fell asleep.