Chapter 8...

A week of the vacation flew by, and you really had no clue how long you actually were staying there. It was monday morning and you were sleeping in, since lately you had been having trouble staying asleep. Suddenly you were being shaken awake “wake up sleepy head” you heard a deep but gently voice say, you rolled over and found Scotty’s blue eyes starring back at you “hmm?” you murmured “come on, i’m teaching you how to boogy board today, remember?” he asked “oh umm yeah, you head out i’ll meet ya out there” you say rolling back on your stomach “oh no you dont” Scotty said removing the blankets and lifting you up out of the bed “scotty put me down! you know i hate being picked up” “either you stay awake or i’ll start walking around with you in my arms” “fine fine, im up, now get out so i can get dressed” you say, he puts you down with a slight laugh then walks out of the room.

Ten minutes later you walk out of your room and start to head down the hallway, Ashley walks out of her room then “hey” she says stopping you in your tracks “oh hey, whats up?” “nothing but just letting you know todays the last day we are going to be here, your mom wanted me to let you know that you need to be packed before you go to bed tonight” “oh alright thanks!” you say starting to walk away “wait, where are you going?” she asked “oh umm Scotty’s going to teach me how to boogie board” you laughed “oh he is now? he wont even teach me how to boogie board! haha, well have fun!” she said with a smile as she walked back into her room. “he wont ever teach her how to boogy board? then why is he going to teach me?” you thought as you walked down the stairs. Walking into the kitchen you found Scotty sitting there at the island drinking a cup f coffee, he looked up at you and put his coffee down “you ready?” he asked, you just nodded your head as Scotty led the way out of the vacation house and towards the beach.

As soon as you guys reached the beach, Scotty removed his shirt. Diverting your eyes so you dont get caught starring at him, you removed your t-shirt and shorts, revealing your bathing suit. As you were placing your clothes on the towel below you, you caught Scotty looking at you. “okay i’m ready” you said standing up and looking at him “umm, yeah lets go” he said with a smile as he ran for the waves “SLOW DOWN SCOTTY!!! YOUR RUN WAY TOO FAST!!” you yelled as you chased after him, but he just kept running till he reached the water. As soon as you reached him, you tackled him, knocking him into the water & pulling you under. Once you guys came up you couldnt help but laugh “okay teach me how to boogy board” you say with a smile “alright come on” he said pulling you out of the water and too the edge “umm wait i thought boogy boarding involved being in the water?” you asked “it does, just want you to watch me first before you try” he swam out into the water then and headed for the waves, once he saw a nice wave coming along he turned the board around facing the sand. You watched as the wave pushed him towards you, he was doing pretty well, that was until he ended up crashing. You watched as he came above the water, he smiled at you and then swam back to shore. “wanna give it a try?” he asked “sure! but is there any way you can come out there to help me the first time?” “yeah come on” he said, you two walked into the water “alright lay on the board and i’ll push you out there” “alright” you laid on the board and Scotty slightly pushed a little ways out “okay here comes a wave turn the board around” you quickly turned the board around, a second later the waves came at you and pushed you towards the sand. This was way more fun then you thought, and moments later you reached the sand. You got up and looked around for Scotty but you didnt see him, finally you saw Scotty swimming towards you, when the water became shallow, he stood up and walked over towards you “wanna go again?” he asked “yeah!” you said. You watched as Scotty ran over grabbed the second board on the towel then ran back over to you “alright come on!” he said with a smile. Running into the water you two hopped on the boards and made your way out into the waves.

Hours later the sun was almost setting, you guys were covered in salt water. “okay i think its time to go in” Scotty said after you last run “aww, alright” you said picking your board up and heading for the towels, you set your board down and picked up the towel placing it around your frigged body. Then you picked up your clothes and held the boogie board under your arm “ready?” Scotty asked, you nodded and you two headed back for the house. A few seconds walking on the sand you felt a hint of a pain in your foot. “ouch” you said “whats wrong?” scotty asked “oh umm its nothing just a small pain in my foot” “let me see” “no its fine” “no its not, give me your foot” you lplaced your hand on Scotty’s shoulder, to balance yourself, and lifted your foot up, Scotty gently grabbed in and looked at it. “oooh thats not good” he said “what?” “i think you may have cut it on something” “really?” you said turning your foot around and seeing the little deep cut in the center of your foot “come here, your not walking the rest of the way home” he aid holding his arms out “and why not?” “do you really want to get more sand in that then you already have” “i guess not” “thats what i thought” Scotty said handing you his clothes and boogie board, he then picked you up in his arms and carried you to the house.

As you walked into the house, everyone looked at you guys “what happened?” your dad asked ” she cut her foot on something” Scotty said handing you over to your dad, your dad carried you out to the kitchen where your mom was “oh goodness sweetie, we cant trust you doing anything without hurting yourself” she said “i guess not” you said as your dad placed you in the chair. Your mom lifted up your foot and looked at it “jeeze, hun can you get me some peroxide?” your mom asked your dad as she carefully washed the sand and salt out of your foot as best as she could. Opening the medicine cabinet, your dad found the peroxide and handed it to your mother “this may sting a bit” she said, then she took a cotton ball soaked it in the clear liquid and placed it on your foot. The burning feeling sent a pain through your body, you squeezed your eyes together trying not to let out a cry of pain, someone grabbed your hand then “squeeze my hand, if you want” you heard a deep voice said. Knowing it was Scotty you lightly squeezed his hand, your mom then pulled the cotton ball away from your foot and looked at the cut once again “that looks better, now time to bandage you up” she said as she began wrapping your foot up in cloth. Once she was finished you stood up and carefully tried walking on your foot, it hurt a little but you could deal “alright now you two need to go upstairs and get packed” your mom said to you and Scotty, you two nodded your heads and headed for the stairs, Scotty placed his arm around your waist, you looked at him confused “im helping you up the stairs” he said “oh” you said placing your arm over his shoulder, then you two walked up the stairs. Both of you removed your arms once you reached the top,  but scotty still stood close to you as you two walked down the hall to your rooms. “thanks for helping me” you say with a smile as soon as you two reached your rooms “no problem” he said smiling back. You two then walked into your guys rooms to pack.