Chapter 97...

1 Month Later

A deep muffled voice, with a soft tune playing along, had caused your eyes to flicker open, waking you from your soundly sleep. Crawling your way out from under your covers, you stretched your arm out until your fingers touched the cool square object, on your bed side table. Gripping ahold of it, you brought it towards your face and looked at the lit up screen, as the ring tone continued. Seeing the five simple letters of his name written across the screen, made you smile as you unlocked your phone to view the message.

“once again, I wake up in a different city, with the boys being loud and jumping all over the place, enjoying this experience, but I just wish I was in my own bed, where all i would have to do was sit up and look out the window, to see your beautiful face looking back at me, dagum… I love you, only one more week till i see you, oh and good morning (;”

A smile spread on your face, as you pressed the reply button, then your fingers began to skim over the buttons, writing a quick reply. You starred at the simple “aww :( i love you too! and see ya in a week ;)” written on the screen before you pressed the send button.

Pressing the button to put your phone back to sleep, you set it back on your bed side table, and then turned and looked out your window to the house next door. “well sorry to break it to ya cowboy, you’re gonna have to be dealing with me a week early” you whispered with a cheeky smile on your face, as you climbed out of bed and headed out of the room.

It was barely three weeks after Scotty left, they had already started the tour and it was the tenth show day when you got a call from him randomly in the middle of the night. You can easily remember the excited tone in his voice when he yelled into the speaker of the phone “(yourname) my mom talked to the tour managers they said you could come on tour with us for a week in August!” he was so happy and so were you. It was set, you were to fly out to Atlantic City, New Jersey, on August 13th, where Judy herself would meet you at the airport. As the days passed you were getting more and more excited. But one point in late July, you got an unsuspected call from Judy, you greeted her normally, but this conversation was different, something about her tone was off, but you werent sure. “(yourname) i’m sorry to say but you won’t be able to come to New Jersey on the 13th” she said softly. “oh” was all you could say, you had no clue how to reply to the mother of your son, let alone the woman you have known for the past seven years of your life. “yeah, so now instead, you’ll be coming to Milwaukee, Wisconsin on August 4th, and will be leaving August 20th” she said happily “wait what, you’re kidding right?” you asked, choking on air “not at all dear, but heres the thing” she said, pausing for a moment “Scotty doesnt know, so since its the place where he auditioned, it’ll be a little surprise to him” Judy said quietly, “alright, thank you so much Judy!” you said excitedly “you’re welcome sweetheart, and i already talked to your parents, so everything is good to go, see you then, hun” she said and with that everything was set. You couldn’t wait for that day, where you could have those soft blue eyes starring back at yours, as he holds you in his arms. 

And that day, well, it’s today…

“What a beautiful day! What a beautiful dayyy!” you sang at the top of your lungs as you run down the stairs. The sweet smell of your mom’s pancakes filled the air, causing your mouth to softly water. 

Stepping into the kitchen, you found your dad and sister at the table devouring large portions of the hotcakes, while your mom stood at the stove flipping more. “morning dear, are you excited for today?” your dad asked, before taking another bite of the syrupy mess on his plate. “(dadsname) of course she is!” your mom said, placing a plate of cakes in front of the chair you had just taken a seat at.