Chapter 46...

Walking in through the front door, you turned around and watched as Scotty was walking up the front porch steps, “come on slow poke” you said smiling at him “hey, hey, hey, no name calling” he said stepping into the house, smile slowly appearing. “its not a name, i was just referring to you being so slow” you said shutting the door and turning to face him once again “yeah, sure, whatever you say” he said adjusting the bag from one hand to another, “here let me take that” you said reaching for the bag, he handed you it and followed you out to the kitchen.

Placing the bag on the table, you pulled out the box of hot chocolate and pack of cookies “here, i’ll make the hot chocolate, take the cookies into the living room, or up in my room, doesnt matter where, and i’ll meet you there” you said pushing the christmas cookies towards him, he nodded, picked them up, and left the room. Turning the hot chocolate box in your hands, you walked over to the cupboard and got out two coffee cups, filled them up with water & placed them in the microwave, skimming through the directions, you quickly pressed the buttons and the microwave went to life as the cups began to slowly spin around as they were being heated. A light humming sound came from upstairs then, ‘guess Scotty went upstairs’ you thought to yourself just as the microwave beeped. Pressing the button, the door swung open and you carefully pulled the two cups out and carried them to the table and gently set them down. Then you pulled two packets of hot chocolate mix out of the bag and ripped them open & poured the contents into the cups and quickly stirred them.

As soon as you finished throwing the wrappers away and letting the hot chocolate cool for a few seconds, you grabbed them off the table and began to slowly and carefully make your way out of the kitchen. Looking out the window, you realized your parents still werent back from work yet, but you didnt think much of it, as you continued to climb the stairs.

The soft sound of familiar voices came from your room, as you reached the top of the stairs, you smiled knowing exactly which movie was playing. Reaching your bedroom door, you lightly kicked it open and found Scotty laying there on the bed, one hand arching his head up the other placed on his stomach, he sat up as soon as he met your eyes. Smiling you looked from him to the tv “the polar express, i love this movie” you said, using your foot to kick the door shut. “its a good one, for sure” he said moving over to give you room, you handed him the cups and climbed onto the bed, and took your cup of hot chocolate. Taking a sip, you quickly pulled away and made a funny face “what?” Scotty asked “i burnt my tongue” you said looking up from the cup “well they call it HOT chocolate for a reason” he laughed setting his cup on your bed side table and laying against the pillow “oh shut it” you said putting your cup by Scotty’s and then pulled the pillow out from under him “i was laying on that” he said sitting up “too bad” you giggled “give it back” he said grabbing onto it “no it’s mine” you said pulling it away “well i had to first” “so i had it second” you said holding onto it for dear life “your too weak” he laughed as he was only using one hand and practically already had it almost away “no im not, you arent taking my pillow!” you said as you flipped over and laid on top of the pillow “now your not gonna get it!” you said “oh you think your so clever” he said beginning to tickle you “stop it! HAHAHAHA” you practically yelled as he continued to tickle you “not till you give it back” “NEVER!” you yelled as he continued to tickle you. Eventually it got to the point where you flipped over and you were now laying on top of Scotty, he tightly wrapped his arms around you “i got the pillow and you” he said, you glared at him “what are you gonna do about it?” he asked. Thinking for a moment, you tried rolling out of his grip, but you couldnt and eventually gave up. “alright you win” you said hoping he would let go “i always do” he laughed, but still held on tight.

“Soooo are you gonna let me go anytime soon?” you asked looking up at him, he, not wanting to, slowly pulled his arms away and you climbed out. It was silent between you too, as you both focused onto the TV. “where’s the cookies?” you asked as you turned to Scotty, he reached over onto the night stand and grabbed the cookies and then handed them to you, eyes still focused on the tv. “want one?” you asked opening the package “sure” he said taking his eyes off from the TV for a brief second. Pulling one out of the container, you were just out to hand it to him, when you got an idea. Seeing his eyes once again focused on the TV you slowly leaned over and then quickly shoved the cookie into his face, he gave you a shocked looked as he grabbed your wrist “okay (yourname) i love cookies, but not that much to get them shoved down my throat” he said rubbing his arm against his mouth “well you know, i thought i’d save you the time of chewing” you laughed “well here, i know how much you love this cocoa” he said picking up your cup and pushing it towards your face “oh no you don’t” you said quickly climbing up off the bed “oh come on, you know you want some more” he said getting up off the bed along by you “Scotty you are gonna end up pouring that all over the place!” you said backing up slowly “oh no i wont, not unless you take a drink” he said with a smug smile on his face. “i dont want a drink!!!” you exclaimed as you turned around, opened your door and ran out of it. Pushing yourself as fast as you could go, you made your way down the stairs and out the front door, you could hear Scotty right behind you the whole time. “COME BACK HERE!” he yelled behind you as he chased your around the house. “I DONT THINK SO!” you yelled running onto your back porch and running for the door. Tugging on the knob you realized it was locked “uh oh” you whispered, as you quickly turned around to make a run for it, but ended up running right into Scotty “gotcha!” he said picking you up and carrying you off the porch “put me down!” you said wiggling in his arms, but he just tightened his grip on you, so you gave up.