Chapter 34...

Sitting there in the kitchen later that night, you were helping your make make some pies for tomorrow, a light knock came on the door then. “I got it” your dad yelled out as you watched him get up off the couch and walked over towards the door. All you could hear was the sound of a conversation going on, but you couldnt understand any of it, and couldnt figure out who it was. Looking back at the bowl, you began to stirr faster, trying to get the pie done quicker. Just then the sound of someone walking into the kitchen caught your attention, looking up you found Ashley McCreery standing there “oh hey Ashley” you said a bit confused “hey, (your name) can you come over and help us out with one of our dishes real quick?” she asked in a soft voice, looking from her towards your mom you gave he a questioning look, she nodded her head. Getting up from your chair, you walked to the sink and washed your hands real quick, then followed Ashley out of the house. “so why do you need my help?” you asked “well see my mom was asking me and Scotty to help, but then i heard Scotty mumble that it’d be a bit more fun if you were there, so i came over and got you, but he doesnt know” she said with a smug smile upon her face “oh…” you said a bit confused, but continued to follow her to her house.

Walking through the front door, you waved to Mr. McCreery, who was still sitting on the couch, then you walked into the kitchen, Scotty looked up from what he was doing then, you watched as he looked from you to Ashley and slightly glared at her, making you laugh a bit. “hello there dear” Mrs. McCreery said as she rushed around the room “hi, so what would you like me to help you with?” you asked “well you can go over there and help Scotty with some of those dessert cookies, but just make sure he doesnt eat any” she said smiling at you “i’ll try my best” you said as you watched her walk out of the kitchen. Looking over at scotty you smiled slightly, then walked over to him “heard you’d like my help” you said taking a seat by him “Ashley really told you that?” he asked “yeah she did” you said as you took one of the bowls and began to stir it. “so what would you like for Christmas?” Scotty asked suddenly “it hasnt even passed Thanksgiving yet, Scotty” you said “i know, but i’d just like some ideas” he shrugged “oh well i’m really not sure what i want” you said, shrugging “that’s helpful” he said sarcastically “isn’t is?” you laughed. The silence filled the room then. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Scotty slightly smiling at himself, you rolled your eyes, hoping he wouldnt see you doing so. “you got a little something right there” Scotty said pointing to your face “where?” you asked confused, knowing that you have only been there for a few minutes working on the cookies “right there” Scotty said scooping some of the cookie dough out of your bowl and putting in on your nose, you glared at him as he laughed at you. “oh really Scotty, thats so mature, well guess what, you got something right there.” you said taking a bit of the dough yourself and smearing it into his hair, he was shocked for a moment but then scooped up some brown sugar and threw it at you, you then scooped up some flour and threw it at him. Soon the floor became slippery with all the stuff on laying upon it “what’s going on here?” you heard behind you two, quickly you both turned around and found Mrs. McCreery standing there, arms crossed while tapping her foot “were sor-” you said just as you were taking a step but ended up slipping on some flour, Scotty caught you in his arms, but then when he went to lift you back up he ended up falling with you falling on top of him. “oops” you said looking up at Mrs. McCreery, she just stood there for a moment, the tension began to build in the room, you thought you two were in trouble for sure. “oh goodness you two, what will i ever do…” she said rubbing here temples, but smiling at you reassuring you that you werent in trouble. “I’m really sorry, i guess we got a bit carried away…” you said getting up and carefully walking over to her “it’s alright my dear, just go upstairs and get cleaned” she said to you, gesturing you to leave the room. Walking out and heading up the stairs you could here Scotty and his mom talking for a moment, but you couldnt hear what they were saying, so you just continued walking.

As you walked into the bathroom, you flicked on the lights and took a glance at yourself in the mirror, you starred at the girl before you. Flour covering her hair and skin, shirt stained with cookie dough, brown sugar stuck to her forehead. For a moment you didn’t know how to reacct, but then you suddenly burst out into laughter. oh goodness this is what i get myself into you thought as you picked up the washcloth on the counter. Slowly you wiped away the flour from your face, making sure none of it would get in your eyes, and wiped the brown sugar off your forehead. Then quickly you soaked the washcloth in water once again to try and get most of the flour out of your hair, but it was a wasted effort. Then you gave up, knowing that there was no chance you could get the cookie dough out of your shirt. Looking at yourself in the mirror you smiled slightly, you looked better except for the problem with your shirt and your now wet hair, which you quickly threw up into a pony tail, then turning the light off you walked out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind you and headed down the hall towards the stairs. Passing Scotty’s room, you saw him through the crack in the door, he was there sitting on his bed running his fingers through his flour covered hair. Slowly you took a deep breath and knocked on the door and then slowly opened it up farther peaking your head in “can i come in?” you asked, he nodded, slowly you walked in and sat down by him on the bed “did you get in trouble?” you asked “nah, i just gotta clean the kitchen in a minute” he laughed a none enthusiastic laugh “oh did she call my mom?” you asked as you watched Scotty lay against his bed and close his eyes slightly, he nodded his head “sit back up you are gonna get flour on your bed and in your eyes” you said pulling him back up, and just then you realized Scotty was shirtless “go get cleaned up and put a shirt on” you said getting up off the bed “what if i dont want to?” he asked with a smirk “i wont be your friend anymore” you jokingly said “that’s mean” he said with a slight frown “so is the world” you said walking out of the room and heading downstairs, walking into the kitchen you found Judy and your mom there “oh hi mom” you said in a small voice “hi honey, if ya dont mind can you clean up a bit in here?” she asked “i was already going to do that” you said taking the broom that was leaning against the wall and began sweeping as your mom and Judy walked out of the room.

Ten minutes had passed and you were almost done cleaning the whole kitchen. Putting the broom away, you saw Scotty walk into the room, he had a confused expression on his face “did you clean this all?” he asked “mhm” you nodded as you wiped your hands on your jeans “wait i was the one who was supposed to clean, why did you do it?” he asked “well my mom asked me to clean up a bit, and i thought i’d do you a favor.” you said walking out of the room “well, thanks” he said following you out of the kitchen and out onto the front porch “you’re welcome, well i’ll see you tomorrow” you said as you smiled at him “yeah see ya” he said pulling you into a warm tight hug, you hugged him back tightly and soon let go. Walking across the lawn you glanced back a few times and each time Scotty was still watching you.

Walking into your house, you headed straight upstairs to get ready for bed.