Chapter 88...

Your P.O.V

Your eyes twitched for a moment, then fluttered open, as the sound of a door, from the first floor, slammed shut. It was followed by a familiar burst of laughter, “dad, quiet” you groaned as you rolled over in your sheets and stretched slightly, then fell back into your sleeping position. With your eyes shut, your mind began to wander. ‘what happened last night?’ you asked yourself. Suddenly it all came back to you, the lake, Scotty telling you his feelings, the kiss, everything. Sitting up quickly you looked around “it had to of been a dream” you said, as you looked out your window, and across to the simple house next door. Believing those seven little words, you fell back against the pillow and shut your eyes once more. “or was it?” your mind thought. This time, you flung your sheets off yourself and hopped out of bed.

Running down the hall, you stopped at the top of the stairs and looked over the banister, no one in sight. Furrowing your eyebrows, you turned and headed down the stairs.

Touching the carpeted floor, you looked around and there was no one in the living room, suddenly laughter came from the kitchen, this time it came from the lips of your mother. With a smile on your face you walked over to the kitchen, and your mom turned to face you, “oh morning sweet heart! Did you sleep well?” she asked, with a wide smile spread across her face “you could say that” you said, leaning up against the door frame “that’s good, well there is someone here to see you” she said, as the smile grew with every word she spoke “who?” you simply asked. Her smile by now looked like it hurt, she stepped to the side and sitting there, in the old wooden chair, was Scotty. 

He was facing towards you, with his arm resting on the top of the chair, as a smile was resting on his lips and eyes focused on you. Without you realizing it, you began to blush “morning beautiful” he softly said, the pink in your cheeks deepened “morning” you said, quietly.

He got up out of his seat, and walked over to you “I was thinking maybe you’d like to go out to breakfast with me?” he asked, placing his hands into his pockets “yeah sure, let me just go get dressed real quick” you said, taking a few steps back “okay, i’ll be waiting in the truck” he said as he began to head for the door “okay, see you out there in a few” you said as you grabbed onto the staircase railing and began to run up the stairs.

Shutting your bedroom door, you leaned against it and took a deep breath “(yourname) what is wrong with you? It’s only Scotty!” you said to your “yeah, Scotty, your new boyfriend” you continued, as you walked over to your dresser and began to dig through.

Minutes later, you were running back down the stairs. “mom, i’m going with Scotty, be back soon!” you yelled “okay sweet heart! Spend as much time as possible with him!” she called from the kitchen, this had caught your attention. Turning around you headed for the kitchen “um mom?” you asked, leaning up against the door frame once again “yeah?” she asked, turning to look at you, “do you know about me and um, Scotty?” you asked, slowly “mhm” she simply said “how?” you asked, crossing your arms “honey, i’m your mother and i’ve known Scotty since he was ten, i can read you two like a book” she said softly, with a smile forming on her lips once again “oh, right” you said slowly backing up towards the door “well i’ll see ya later then!” you called, opening the door and stepping out before she could say another word.

Walking down the steps, you looked in the direction of the driveway. Scotty sat there, in that familiar family truck, as a smile began to slip onto his face. His eyes followed your every move. 

Opening the truck door, you climbed on in and without hesitation, you moved to the middle seat and buckled up. Turning to look at Scotty, you found him already looking at you, “what?” you laugh “nothing” he simply said, as he put the truck in reverse and back out of the driveway.