Chapter 31...

The slamming sound of a door closing awoke you. Sitting right up, you looked around the room. You were the only one still in there, everyone must of went downstairs, you thought as you reached over and grabbed your phone, which was laying by your pillow. Clicking one of the buttons the screen came to life, showing the time in large letters ‘8:32 am’ you set your phone back down and fell against your pillow once again. Last nights events flew into your mind then, remembering you got a text from Scotty, you picked your phone up once again and pressed the button, the screen lit up, pressing another button, your phone went to its messages, then once more you pressed the button, opening the message. Your eyes focused on the screen as you began to read the text…

(yourname), I had a lot of fun with y’all tonight. And believe me when i do say that you’re beautiful. I’ll see you tomorrow, night..

P.S. you still need a little help with your game, haha.”

Blushing slightly you pulled your knees up to your chest, and just sat there. The sound of voices coming from outside caught your attention, turning towards the window, you got up and walked over. Looking out, you saw the girls out there talking to the guys who came last night, Scotty was up leaning against the tree, in the side yard. Wondering what they were saying you carefully opened the window just a bit, hoping no one would notice. Listening you realized they were mostly just talking about the game last night.

After ten minutes of just listening, you were getting bored with their conversation, slowly you began to close the window, thats until you heard your name, opening the window a bit farther you looked out and listened.

“so where’s (yourname)?” one of the guys asked, “oh she’s upstairs, guessing shes still asleep” one of the girls said “oh well cause you know, my man Scotty here couldn’t stop thinking about her” he said pulling Scotty over “man shut up!” Scotty jokingly yelled pushing his friend. “what you dont want her to know? How about i go wake up little miss sleeping beauty and tell her for ya?” Chris said( i got tired of writing Scottys friend so lets just say his name is chris!) heading for the house “do you mind if i go in?” Chris asked Jackie(random name for one of the girls)  “go ahead” she said “alright” he said turning around and heading in the house, you watched for a second as Scotty ran in after. Not wanting them to realize you were listening the whole time, you shut the window and ran to look for a hiding place, you then just decided to hide under the bed, not very creative but its the best you could do. Quickly you crawled under.

Moments later you could hear the two boys yelling outside the door, “man stop!” Scotty yelled “oh come on, i’m just gonna say you couldnt stop thinking about her, nothing big!” Chris yelled back just as he entered the room. Staying as quiet as you possibly could, you just starred at there shoes as they walked around. “where is she?” Chris asked “i dont know” Scotty said starting to head out of the room, but being stopped by Chris “maybe she is in the bathroom lets just wait here, just in case” Chris said as he took a seat on the bed. Covering your mouth with your hand you slowly backed as far away as you could under the bed, without making any noise.

Five minutes had past and the guys still havent left yet. Being in a little pain, from being squished under the bed, and a little annoyed, you almost started to crawl out, but stopped yourself. Knowing that if you did, the guys would start freaking out. “okay she isnt here, she must of left” Scotty said “if she left then why is her bag still here?” chris asked “i dont know, maybe somehow shes outside now” Scotty said “hmm probably, which means i can still tell her!” he said getting up off the bed and running out of the room “here we go again” Scotty mumbled to himself as he ran out of the room. As soon as you heard the sound of them running fade away, you crawled out of under the bed, and went to the window, and once again slightly opened it. Watching you saw the two boys run out of the house and look around, Scotty let out a sign of relief while on the other hand Chris looked a little mad. You laughed at this, but kept your eyes on them.

“Did you tell her?” Jackie asked “no she wasnt up there..” Chris trailed off “thats weird, i saw her only like twenty minutes ago, where could she have gone?” Jackie said “not sure, but looks like Scotty got out of this one, once again” Chris said leaning up against the tree and starting to talk to one of the other girls. Jackie turned around and walked into the house then, this time you werent gonna hide, you’d just talk to her. Taking a seat on the bed, you waited for her to come.

The sound of the door opening a moment later caught your attention, looking over you saw Jackie walk in. “hey, were you here this whole time?” she asked you “yeah” you said “but Chris and Scot-” she began to say “i was hiding under the bed..” you said trailing off “why?” “because i heard you guys talking out side, and i didnt want Scotty to be upset or anything…” “oh well, what are you gonna do now?” “i guess i’m just gonna leave early, can you tell them that you couldnt find me either and you texted me asking where i was?” “what about your bag?” “i’ll just take it with me, just tell them we have matching bags or something” you said getting up off the bed and picking up the bag, slinging it over your shoulder “alright, i’ll go down first, just wait till im outside, okay?” she said getting up and heading for the door, you nodded and turned to look back out the window.

Watching them all as they just talked you wondered what was going through Chris and Scotty’s mind, then Jackie walked outside “she’s not up there, but i texted her and she said she left cause she had to get home”  she said to the guys “she did? why didnt she wait a few i couldve given her a ride” Scotty said “im not sure” she said, then stopped talking for a minute and waited as Chris walked away, she then pulled Scotty over right under the house “Hey atleast she didnt hear what chris wanted to tell her, right?” she said cheerily “well in a way i kinda to see what she would of done when he would of told her, weird right?” not at all, but maybe if you drive now you can go catch her and tell her?” jackie said “hmm possibly, i’ll go get my truck, i guess” he said turning around and walking away. Hearing this you walked away from the window, quickly you put your shoes on and then walked out of the room. Slowly you made your way down the stairs and out of the house.

Running across the lawn as fast as you could, you didnt look back, making sure no one saw you, espicially not Chris. As soon as you were around the block you stopped to take a breather, thinking for a moment you were wondering if you really did want to go home, you kept walking straight as you thought. And at the last moment you took a right turn, the opposite direction from the way to your house.