Chapter 103...

Scotty’s POV

“Scotty, dear, wake up” the gentle voice broke through to him. He slowly rolled over in his soft sheets, and starred at his mom before him. His eyes flicked to the clock, seeing that it was merely six thirty in the morning. Pushing his sheets away he sat up and rubbed at his eyes, a yawn slipped past his lips in the process. Then looking up to his mom, he smiled. “what do i have today? Interview? Meet and greet?” he asked, as Judy turned and began to leave the room. She stopped at the door frame and glanced back, that familiar laugh slipping past her lips “school” was the only thing that came out of her lips, as her presence left the room.

Taking a deep breath, he sat back against the wall. A smile crept onto his lips, as the thought of school was the only thing on his agenda for the day. Just school, no interviews, screaming fans, no way of messing up anything. Just an average day at Garner Magnet High School.

Suddenly her name flashed into his mind. Crawling off his bed, and grabbing his phone, he made his way towards his window. Finding her name in his contacts, he pressed the send button and put his phone gently up to his ear, as he opened his window and stuck half his body out, starring over at her closed curtain.

The ringing only lasted for a few seconds before a tired voice answered. “hello?” she softly asked, barely audible. “morning beautiful” he said a little too cheerful for someone in the morning. Hearing his voice through the receiver must have woken her up a little bit more because when she spoke again it sounded like a whole new person “morning, McCreery, ready to be back in the halls of Garner High?” she asked. “yeah, i suppose, but first, do you think you can open your curtains?” he asked “why?” she asked, but opened them anyway. “oh, thats why” she laughed, once she was met with his smiling face.

Pushing open her window, she leaned partially out of it, phone still up to her ear. “you know, you look really cute with messy hair?” he asked, smirking at her. “don’t lie” she said smiling back at him. “I would never lie to you” he said leaning a little farther out “i know” she said, rubbing at her tired eyes with her free hand. “now that thats settled, i’ll meet you down there, in half an hour?” he asked, pointing towards the ground “alright” she said, pulling the phone away and ending the call. “Hey! i wasn’t done yet!” he jokingly yelled across to her, as he pulled his own phone away. “oops” she giggled, pulling herself back into her window. “see you down there!” she said, about to close the window “alright, i love you” he said, with a smile sliding widely onto his face. “i love you too” and with that, she shut her window and closed the curtains.

-

Colorful leaves scraped against the pavement, as the breeze rustled them under his feet. His back was pressed up against the truck, as his eyes were fixated on his phone. He slowly scrolled through his twitter timeline, reading each tweet, laughing at most of his friends complaining about school. 

The sound of a door shutting had pulled his attention away from his phone. Shoving it back in his pocket, he looked up and watched as (yourname) had walked down the stairs. 

He couldnt help but smile, as she walked towards him. “morning, McCreery” she said, smiling up at him, then going in for a hug “morning, (lastname)” he said, hugging her for a second longer, then letting go.

“so you weren’t feeling up for the boots and plaid today?” she asked, as she made her away around the truck. Scotty looked down at his simple black t-shirt, grey basketball shorts, long black socks and nike sneakers. “well you know, wearing pretty much the same thing every day gets old” he chuckled, as he climbed into the truck. “i bet i could wear close to the same thing every day” (yourname) stated, as she buckled her seat belt. “oh you do now?” he asked, buckling his own seat belt, then turning on the truck’s engine on. “mhm” was all she said as Scotty began to back out of the driveway. “well then one of these week’s i’m gonna dare you to wear all brightly colored dresses” he said, glancing at her “okay, well then maybe i won’t be able to do that” she said, turning to smile at him. “i figured that” he laughed, as he turned up the radio.