Chapter 44...

The days had passed on, inching closer and closer to Christmas. Between you and Scotty, well everything was normal, it felt like you guys had never had that conversation, as if it was all a dream, but you remembered everything too perfectly for any of it to be a dream…

“31, 21, 47” you quietly whispered to yourself as you twisted the knob on your locker. Putting the last number of the combination in, you pulled up on the handle and a light click came from your locker door as it gently opened. Stepping back slightly, you pulled your back pack around you and began to unzip it. A light shadow had over towered you then, looking up and slightly to your left, you saw Scotty there, smiling, leaning up against the locker next to yours “hey” you said to him, as you looked back at your bag and began to pull the heavy books out, and placing them into your locker. “ready to go?” he asked. Nodding your head, you zipped your backpack back up and placed it back on your shoulders, comfortably, and shutting your locker. Scotty stood up straight and you two began to head for the doors. “YO MCCREERY” someone yelled behind you. Turning around you and Scotty saw one of his friends, John, running towards you. “whats up?” Scotty asked, as soon as John was a few feet away “where are you going?” “going home, why?” “oh well, me and the guys are heading over to Jay’s house to watch the game, you coming?” “i dont know man, i gotta take (your name) home” “you gotta come, its the game you have been waiting for all season”. “just go Scotty, I’m fine walking home” you interrupted “(your name) i can’t trust you walking home, knowing your luck you’d probably get hit”. “She’s a big girl scotty, she can handle herself, so you coming or what?” John asked. A feeling of sadness rushed through you then, you felt awkward standing there “i’ll just walk home, no right from Scotty what so ever” you thought as you began to turn around and slowly walk away. You could feel Scotty’s gaze on you, “listen i’ll try, okay” Scotty said backing away slowly. “yeah alright, later” John said turning around and running back down the hall. You could hear Scotty right behind you, quickly you picked up the pace and pushed through the doors, a gust a wind blew against you, making you wish you could turn around and ask Scotty for a ride, but you pushed on through the parking lot.

The door opened, and closed with a slight bang, he was running, you could tell by the sound of his feet hitting the pavement. As quickly as you could you picked up your pace “just a few more steps” you thought, but then you were grabbed by the wrist and turned around “what are you doing? The trucks that way” Scotty said pointing behind himself, with one of his eyebrows raised “I know, and i’m walking home” “why, i thought i was giving you a ride?” “you were but i really don’t want to take your time away from your friends..” you trailed off. “You’re not” he said loosening his grip around your wrist “yes i am, youre always with me, and never with them” “is that a bad thing?” he asked taking a step closer to you “to me, not really, to them yes, so i’m walking home and you are going to Jay’s house” you said taking a step back “get your butt to that truck right now” Scotty ordered you “no, you cant tell me what to do” you said stomping your foot and crossing your arms, glaring at him “oh yes i can” he said taking another step towards you “no you can not, bye Scotty” you said turning around. In that brief second, as you took your first step to walk away, you felt Scotty arms tightly wrap around your waist, he picked you up and began to carry you to the truck “put me down this isntant!” you said kicking “no, you cant tell me what to do” he said while laughing a bit “haha, very funny” you said in a sour tone “oh get over it, drama queen and get in the truck” he said setting you and opening the passenger side door “fine whatever, lose all your friends because of me” you mumbled low under your breath “what was that?” he asked “oh, nothing, nothing at all” you said giving him a fake cheesy smile, as you got into the truck and buckled up. Soon enough, you guys were out of the parking lot and were heading home.

The ride was silent, and you couldn’t wait to get out of that truck as soon as possible. Every few seconds Scotty would look at you, you saw this out of the corner of your eye. The truck came to a slow stop, as you reached the stop sign right before you turned onto your guy’s street. A slight clicking sound of the gauges changing made you look up “what are you doing?” you asked “were not gonna move from this spot until you say you forgive me” he said, relaxing into his seat, knowing this would take awhile “Scotty you can’t park here, your gonna cause a traffic jam!” you said looking behind you, already seeing cars coming to a stop. “i can’t cause a traffic jam in this small town” he laughed “oh yes you can, just drive” you said “no, not until you forgive me” “i dont need to forgive you, you need to forgive me!” you said throwing your hands into the air “why?” he asked “i already told you why, i’m taking you away from your friends!” you said once more “(yourname) they know that we’re just friends right now, but they also know that i like you more than a friend” butterflies were doing summer salts in your stomach “that’s why they don’t care how much i hang out with you, so can you just say that you forgive me and we can be on our way?” he asked. Biting you lip, you turned around in your seat and saw the amount of cars behind you, a few were already honking their horns. “okay, okay i forgive you!” you said turning back around in your seat “thank you” Scotty said putting the car back in drive. Resting back into your seat, you looked out the window, waiting to make a right turn, but just then Scotty made a left turn instead “where are we going?” you asked “if John wants me to be at Jay’s so bad, then you can be there too” Scotty said as he continued driving “Scotty no, it’s your guy’s tradition, take me back home, we can hang out later” you said begging him. Really, you didn’t want to go watch the game with a bunch of guys who, the whole time, would be hotting and hollering at the TV screen, while pigging out on food. Looking at you for a brief second, Scotty put his turn signal on and turned on the first street he could turn down.

Minutes later Scotty pulled into your driveway, you hopped out and shut the door, and began walking through your yard “wait!” scotty called “yeah?” you asked “i promise to see you later, alright?” he asked “yeah, bye” you said slowly backing away and soon turning around and walking up the porch. 

You could hear Scotty pulling out of the driveway and heading down the street, you turned around to look and saw the truck turning around the corner.