Chapter 1...

The last bell of the school day rang, you got up and collected your books in your hand. “Bye Mr. smith” you say with a smile as you walked out of the classroom. It was finally friday, you felt like this was the longest week of your sophomore year. Quickly you walked to your locker and shoved the books into it, as you closed your locker door you felt someones arms go around you as they picked you up and started carrying you down the hallway, you look and see that it’s Scotty McCreery, also your best friend “SCOTT COOKE MCCREERY PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW” you yell between laughs “maybe” he says as he just continues walking down the hallway. You watch as all his friends are nudging him as he continues carrying you, but he keeps pushing everyone away in a joking manor. Once you two are out of the school he sets you down, you just cross your arms and glower at him “oh come on not the silent treat meant” he says jokingly, you slowly turn around and start to walk away “okay okay i’ll never do that again” he says as he runs up to you, “promise” you ask “promise, so you going to the game tonight” he asks you “you’d think i’d miss watching you play?” you say with a laugh “haha of course you wouldnt wanna miss seeing me play, who wouldnt?” he says with a laugh “oh shut up scotty” you sya jokingly pushing him away. You two then walk to his family truck and get in, like usual you guys take a long way home just so you two can talk, but this time Scotty took a different route, you didnt really pay attention to it till he pulled the truck over. “umm why’d you stop, is this like a horror movie where we will get chopped to pieces in any second” you asked jokingly “i wouldn’t let anything like that ever happen to you, but i do have to tell you something” he says with a smile, butterflies begin to fill your stomach “umm what?” you ask “well you know how you always tell me to go out for American idol?” he asks “umm yeah?”, “well i’m gonna try out for it!” he says a bit excitedly ‘OH MY GOSH! REALLY? WHEN?” “this summer” he says looking down at his hands sitting there on his lap, then looking back up at you, “what song are you gonna sing” “Your man by josh turner” he says “with that song you are definitely gonna have all the girls falling for you” you say with a smile “yeah right, if girls here in Garner don’t fall for me, i doubt other girls will do that” he says with a laugh “don’t doubt yourself too much Scotty, now come on and get me home, i have a ton of homework to do, and you have a game to get ready for” you say turning the ignition on “you wanna drive?” scotty asks “umm no thanks if i drove, i may end up flipping the car” you say with a laugh, “true, and i kinda wanna live a bit longer” he says with a smile as he pulls away from the side of the road and made your way down the road while singing full blast to country music.

Five hours later you were at Scotty’s baseball game, it was the ninth inning and Garner was winning. Scotty once told you that you were his good luck charm because the only time you didnt go to one of his games Garner had lost, so ever since then youve gone to all games. Scotty was about to throw his last pitch of the whole game, he looked at you and smiled then threw the ball, the player at the base missed the ball for his third time “3 STRIKES YOUR OUT” said the umpire. You jump up and screamed as loud as you could. After each team said their goodjobs to each other Scotty came running over to you just as you reached the bottom of the bleachers. “Great game” you say “thanks” he says with a smile, just then a petite brunette girl walked over to Scotty “hey Scotty wanna come and get some ice cream with me and the other girls” she said in a flirtatious voice, you looked worriedly at Scotty and then back at the girl and then back towards Scotty, who looked at the girl with a soft smile on his face “sorry i got to get this friend home” he says pointing to you, the girl looked at you with a slight frown but then looked right back at Scotty and smiled “alright well see you on monday! great game” she said hugging him tightly “thanks” soctty said as he finally got out of the hug, the girl waved and walked back over to her friends. Scotty looked at you and you raised your eyebrows at him, he just shrugged at you and you two headed for the truck.

Scotty pulled into his drive way, you both got out of the truck, you met Scotty as the bed of the truck and you two hugged “see ya tomorrow hopefully?” he asked you “definitely, bye” you whispered as you gave him one tight squeeze and then let go of him, you waved to him as you headed for the house. Once you closed the door you looked out one of the windows and saw Scotty stand there for a moment, you saw him rub the back of his neck like he wanted to say something, but then he dropped his hand and kicked the ground with his cleat, he then turned around and headed into his house. “I’m home and now im going to bed” you told your parents “alright, goodnight, love you honey” your mom and dad both shouted “love you too” you yell back running up the stairs.

As soon as you finished getting dressed for bed you grabbed your phone and pulled open a new text message “Proud of you my country boy, great game tonight, night (:” you texted to Scotty, you then turned the lights off and hopped into bed, and just as you suspected a few seconds later you got a text back “thanks! night my southernbelle” you smiled as you read the text, and you couldnt help but laugh at the little joke you and scotty have with the whole country boy, southernbelle thing. You then put your phone on your night stand, got comfortable in bed, then shut your eyes, praying that Scotty would one day realize how you actually feel about him.