Chapter 129...

Scotty’s POV

The white eraser tapped against the white lined paper  in front of him, just before the side of the pencil went into his mouth as his eyes scanned over the math problems.

He couldn’t concentrate. The past few days went by in a blur as his final days of high school dwindled down to a single one. And along with the fact that him and (your name) hadn’t seen much of each other, besides school and the rides to and from school, made the days go by quicker. 

Dropping the pencil onto the notebook, his fingers ran through his brown curls and gripped tightly at them, before slowly releasing and doing it once more. His phone suddenly buzzed on the table. With it being the only thing to get him away from his homework, Scotty instantly grabbed the phone and looked a the screen, a slow smile slipping on his lips.

‘save me! ):’

Was all it said, but he instantly understood what (your name) was referring to. Standing up from his desk, he tossed his phone onto his bed, then turned and ran out of his room. 

-

“can’t believe I’m doing this” he breathed out, as he reached the edge of her driveway. He slowly bent down and grabbed some small rocks laying in the grass. Taking a step back, he grabbed one rock from his hand and looked up towards the glow of light coming from her bedroom window. “please don’t break her window” he spoke quietly to himself as he tossed a rock towards the light. It made a quick, yet soft knock, as it smacked against the glass before falling to the ground below. Scotty stood there, completely still, as he watched the window intently, but seeing no sign of movement grabbed yet another rock and quickly launched it towards the window yet again. Licking his lips quickly, he listened as the rock, this time, made a much louder noise, before soaring back to the ground. He took another step back, hoping for some sign of her and easily enough, he got what he wanted. 

Her silhouette hovered in front of the window for just a moment before coming closer, followed by the window sliding open and her head popping out. “McCreery, what are you doing out there?” she asked, in a whispered yell. He chuckled, looking briefly at the ground, before looking back up at her. “well you did text me saying you needed to be saved. So here I am, your prince charming here to save the damsel in distress” he said, bowing before himself, with a chuckle to follow. “oh gosh” she muttered. He could just see her subtly roll her eyes. “I’ll be out in five minutes” she stated, then pulled her head back through the window frame and slid the window back down.

His body was posed up against the framing of his house, as he watched the (lastname)’s front door quickly open, and a shadow appeared from it. “Scotty?” her voice trilled out from the porch. “over here!” he quietly called out as he pushed himself to an upright position and slowly headed towards her. 

She came bouncing down the stairs and soon enough launched herself into Scotty’s arms. “woah there” he chuckled, wrapping his arms tightly around her. “please my dear prince, you must take me away from here, before the evil dragons come and take me away” she stated quietly, looking deeply into his eyes. Holding back a laugh, Scotty released her from his arms, but took one of her hands in his. “well my fair maiden, come on, we must get you away from here” he quickly pulled her towards his king ranch, helped her inside, then raced to his side, climbing in himself. 

-

“So was it that math set you needed to be saved from?” he asked, pulling into the Bojangles drive thru. “yes! I don’t understand it at all!” she threw her arms into the air. “I understand it, I just couldn’t concentrate” he said, turning his head out the window. She stayed quiet as he ordered but then spoke up once he pulled forward, “why couldn’t you concentrate?”. He shrugged, “just thinking about things” he said, as he handed the lady at the window the money and then took the bags, placing them in between himself and (your name). “like what?” she asked, reaching into the bag briefly, before pulling out a fry and nibbling on it. 

Scotty drove for a minute, trying to figure out how to word things, but gave up once he couldn’t think of a better way to put it, then glanced at her for a brief moment “about the other night, at dinner, the fight” he spoke rather quickly. She nodded, “well we could talk about it, if ya want, ya know just to get it behind us” she spoke normally, as if they were talking about a different matter. A small smile grew on his lips “yeah I’d like that, but not here”, he said pressing down on his gas a little harder.

-

The light of the moon glittered upon the water of Lake Benson. Scotty pulled up close to the edge, and put his truck in park. He then turned and smiled at her. “Lake Benson?” she asked, he nodded unbuckling himself and climbing out. 

He pulled open the door, and helped her out “well everything important in our relationship happens here, might as well not break the tradition” he shrugs, leading her to the bed of the truck. She nodded, “right, so tell me, whats on your mind?” she asked, taking a seat in the far back of the bed and watching him climb on up. His hand instantly clung to the back of his neck. “I, I just want to apologize, I shouldn’t of spoke like that to you” he stated, eyes searching her face as he paused. “continue, I can see you have more to say” she said, motioning, with her hands, for him to continued. He nodded. “it’s just, I’m scared” “scared?” “yeah, I mean say you do choose UNC. I’ll be at NC State from Monday to Wednesday with classes, then on the weekend I’d be touring, we’d have no time to see each other” he said, looking down at his lap. Her hand reached out and grabbed one of the hands resting in his lap. “if that happens I’m sure we’ll figure it out, we’ve made it this far havent we? And you certainly have been waiting to date me since you were practically thirteen” she spoke softly with a smile on her lips, as she slowly closed in near him. “it was eleven actually, and I guess you’re right.” he said pulling her tightly into his chest. 

She laid there, still, against him, arms circled around him, breathing slowly, almost as if she was asleep. “(your name), have you chosen the college you’re going to?” he whispered. She let out a deep breath “not yet Scotty”. Licking his lips, he looked down towards her “well whatever school you choose, they’ll be lucky to have you” he said, rubbing circles on her back. She sat up slowly, staring intently at him. “thank you” she said pecking him quickly on the lips, then pulling him in for a longer kiss. “I love you” she spoke against his lips, causing him to smile “I love you too” he spoke against hers, receiving a smile as well. Then slowly she pulled away stared intently at him. “what?” he asked. With a smirk forming on her lips she stood up. “well now that that’s settled you better come and catch me” and before he realized it, she jumped over the side of the truck and ran full sprint into the darkness. A bold smile soared onto his lips as he jumped to his feet and ran off into the darkness after her. As if racing for his light in the darkness.