Chapter 14...

5 Days had passed, Scotty was supposed to be back two days ago, but no sign of him. The last time he texted you was right before he went to go audition, and after that, you got nothing. Everyday you’d tried to keep busy, hanging out with friends,relaxing with the family. Anything to get your mind off the McCreery’s, but know one believed that you didn’t care that they weren’t back yet, but you still held onto the fake not caring and just tried to live the normal life.

Waking up on the fifth day of Scotty not being back yet, you sat up and looked out the window, no McCreery truck in sight. Getting out of bed, you stretched, then walked out of your room, looking over the railing there was no one in the living room. Slowly you walked down the stairs and found your parents in the kitchen, you dad sitting there drinking coffee and your mom at the stove working on breakfast. “Morning” you said to them “morning” your mom said with a huge smile on her face “umm are you okay?” you asked her “yeah but i have some exciting news for you!” “what is it?” “well Mrs. McCreery called an-” “wait she did! What did she say?” “calm down honey” your father said, you looked at him, but then turned your gaze back to your mom “well she said that they may be back today.” “really? thats great!” you tried to hide your enthusiasm as you quickly ran for the stairs “and she also said sorry that they didnt get ahold of us earlier, they have been super busy” she called up to you “alright thanks mom!” you yelled before you shut your door and started to get ready. Once you finished you went over to your window, to see if Scotty had gotten back while you were sleeping, but there was no car in sight. You shut your curtains and picked up the note off the bed side table. ‘Remember when you said that i was your American idol even if i didn’t win that trophy? Well i’m going to win it just for you, I know it may not mean a lot now, but it will soon enough. -SCM’ you read to yourself out loud. Folding it back up you placed it back on the table and then grabbed your ipod, you then turned around and opened your bedroom window & climbed out. Carefully you crawled a few feet away from the window and took a seat on the safest part. Shoving your ear buds in your ears, you just relaxed against the rough surface beneath you, below you could see your dad mowing the lawn, he looked up at you and yelled something towards you, quickly you pulled out your ear buds “what?” you called out “be careful up there!” he yelled to you “okay!” you yelled back, he nodded and then went back to mowing.

Two hours later, you pulled the ear buds out of your ears and turned your ipod off, you shoved it in your pocket and then just relaxed against the roof. Moments later the sound of a vehicle pulling into the driveway below you, caught your attention. You kept your eyes closed not wanting to get your hopes up, knowing with your luck it would most likely just be another family member. The doors to the vehicle, opened for a brief moment, then shut a second later. Suddenly the backdoor to your house opened, two sets a footsteps came walking out . “Judy! How was it?” your could hear your mom say “Mike, hey man” your father’s voice said. You opened your eyes and looked down below, seeing everyone except for Scotty. “oh it sure was a bit crazy, haha! But it was fun. So where is (yourname) Scotty wouldnt stop talking about her on the way back home” Judy said to your mom “oh im sure shes around here somewhere, so how did Scotty do?” your mom asked “oh well lets have Scotty tell you himself, here he comes” Judy says as Scotty walks out the front door just then, your heart began to pound in your chest, and a smile came across your facw. “Hey young man, how did it go?” your dad asked “it went great, like my mom probably already told you it was a bit crazy” “so did you make it in?” your mom asked “where is (your name)? I want to tell everyone all together” Scotty said with a smile, “she has to be around here somewhere” your mom said. Quickly you crawled across the roof top over towards the ladder, climbing down you tried to be as quiet as possible. Walking out from behind the house, everyone turned and looked at you, Scotty walked over to you and just wrapped you up in a hug, you placed your arms around him and hugged him back tightly “i missed you” he whispered “i was hoping you would say that, I missed you too scotty” you said with a smile. Pulling away you both walked back over to the rest. “so how’d it go?” your dad asked once again “well, lets just say, i got the golden ticket” Scotty said with a smile, you looked at him with a giant smile on your face “ahhh! Scotty i knew you could make it!!!” you said attacking him with a hug, he placed his arms around you, lifted you up and twirled you around in a circle. A moment later he placed you back down on the ground, your parents walked over to congratulate him as you walked over towards the McCreery’s. Ashley walked over towards you and smiled at you, you smiled back and just stood there with a big smile on oyur face “you know (your name) Scotty wouldnt stop talking about you throughout the whole trip.” she whispered to you “really?” you whispered back, she just nodded with a smile, you smiled along with her. “come on its time to celebrate!” your dad said as he led everyone to your family car. You all got in, and sat by Scotty, he smiled at you as your dad backed out of the driveway and drove away from the house.