Chapter 80...

‘Another group that learned a tough lesson about the beatles is, Lauren Alaina, Denise Jackson and Scotty McCreery.’ played throughout the McCreery’s living room, as it went on to Lauren Alaina talking about how they had a tough week, as Scotty made an arm movement like a roller coaster. You sat there, on the couch, biting your nails, as they showed their groups practice and how Jimmy Ivene things they need to go to the a different song.

“Scotty can handle any song, just watch” was all you could say as Scotty, Lauren and Denise took the stage.

Suddenly a red telephone booth, with the word American Idol across the top, appeared onto your screen. Scotty stepped out and began the song ‘you say yes’. ‘I say no’ you say stop, the two girls sang as they came into the song. ‘and i say go go go’ Scotty continue.

A soft laugh, slipped passed the tips of your lips, as Scotty and Denise began to run around the telephone booth, as Lauren kept singing. Then Lauren just shrugged and ran after the two, Denise kept on running while Scotty stopped and looked on both sides of the booth, as if he was gonna catch one of them. By this time you couldn’t control you laughter, along with the three adults in the room.

After there little act, the three got in a row as the judges gave them good yet bad criticism. And with some parts of what the judges were saying, you agreed on, and with others you didn’t.

But as Scotty, Denise and Lauren left the stage, you gave a little relieved sigh, as the other competitors came on.

—-

‘What Scotty brought back in Milwaukee was one of the most memorable auditions from the road.’ Ryan Seacrest said, as Scotty made his way down that long walk.

For once, you weren’t in your normal seat, you were laying on the floor, starring up, wide eyed at the TV, nervous out of your wits. Even though you already knew Scotty made it into the top 24, you just couldn’t imagine taking that walk, to get the answer, that could possibly change your entire destiny. But Scotty handled it pretty calmly.

It went through Scotty’s final solo song, long black train by Josh Turner. Your heart was fluttering.

You’ve only ever heard Scotty sing this song once, it was summer time before sophomore year, you were sitting outside on the back porch, watching as the sun was setting, misty eyed. All because the boy(Scotty) you had liked for awhile, had been talking to you all about the new girl that he liked. Of course you were happy for him, but there resting in the back of your mind, was screaming, wishing you were that girl. But there was nothing you could do. The next thing you knew, the McCreery’s car pulled into their driveway. Three doors slammed closed, that deep voice said something to his parents, then you heard him walk in your direction. Quickly with the sleeves of your shirt, you began to dab at your eyes hoping to get rid of any traces of tears. Moments later, he was standing in front of you, with his blue eyes digging into you “(yourname), whats wrong?” he asked ‘crap he saw the tears, he saw the tears’ you thought to yourself. “oh nothing” you mumbled “are you sure?” he asked, setting his guitar case down on the steps, you just nodded, then looked to the case “why do you got that?” you asked “oh my grandma wanted me to play a song for her” he said with a shrug, as he began to open it “wanna hear it?” he asked, biting you lip, you nodded and watched as he got the guitar out and placed the strap around his shoulder, as he began to run his fingers along the strings “well i can hear the whistle from a mile away, it sounds so good, but i must stay away, that train is a beauty, making everybody stare, but it’s only destination is the middle of no where…” this instantly brought a smile on your face, causing Scotty to smile with you.