Chapter 47...

Twitching a little bit, your eyes began to slowly open, as your internal clock had awoken you. Focusing, your eyes darted around the room, until it finally found your clock resting on the night stand table ‘7:00 am; Monday’ groaning slightly, your fingers clenched onto the fabric, resting underneath your head, you were a bit confused, as to what you were holding onto, lifting your head up slightly, you found Scotty laying there sound asleep. Just then your alarm clock rang to life, grinding your teeth you arched yourself onto your elbow and stretched over Scotty, smacking the button, turning the clock off. ‘That boy could sleep through anything’ you thought to yourself as you carefully tried climbing over Scotty. But as you were just about to get off the bed, you looked at Scotty once more than to your clock ‘wait.. it’s monday, Scotty is in my bed, its a school day. Wait what is he doing in my bed in the first place?”you asked yourself nervously, thinking that you and Scotty were both gonna get in trouble. Panicking a bit, you crouched down, almost sitting on Scotty’s legs. “Wakey wakey” you said snapping your fingers in his face, the only movement he made was his chest going go up and down as he slowly breathed in and out. A bit of an evil smile appeared on your face then, slowly you leaned in close to Scotty “oh country boy wake up, this is Erin Andrews” you whispered into his ear. Just then Scotty began to turn around, swinging his arm along with him, and clutching around your waist as he held you close to his chest. “Okay this really isnt the kinda reaction i wanted” you said to yourself as you tried wiggling out of his grip, you turned to Scotty “SCOTTY COOKE MCCREERY THERE ARE CINNAMON ROLLS DOWNSTAIRS” you practically yelled into his ear. His eyes opened, and once he saw you starring back at him he smiled. “morning sunshine, now get up we got school” you said pushing on his arm, he pulled it away and rolled over, he then looked around “wait, why am i in your room?” he asked confused “i guess you fell asleep here last night” you said climbing out of bed “now come on, im not sure if my parents knew you were here so i gotta sneak you out.”

As quietly as you two could possibly be, you opened your bedroom door and looked down the hallway, no one in sight. Taking each step with care, you guys walked out of your room and down the hallway.  “wait here” you whispered to Scotty, once you guys reached the top of the stairs. Running down the stairs, you purposely made as much noise as you could, to let your parents know that you were the only one coming down.

Reaching the bottom, there was no one in sight, but you could hear laughter coming from the kitchen. Looking up towards the banister, you saw Scotty looking over it, you motioned for him to come down. He nodded his head and began to slowly make is way downstairs.

Walking into the kitchen, you found your mom washing off some plates and your dad was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee “morning” you said, they both looked up at you and smiled “morning” they said in unison “so where were you two last night?” you asked walking closer to them “work was packed last night, more and more customers came in by the hour” your mom said, your dad looked at her and nodded. “oh, that doesnt sound fun” you said picking up the glass of orange juice sitting on the table “it wasn’t at all” your dad said, getting up from his seat and walked over to your mom. Turning around quickly you saw Scotty as he had just made it all the way downstairs, he was looking at you, smiling. “GO” you mouthed, flailing your arms to get him to go faster. “honey, what are you doing?” your mom asked, walking towards you “oh nothing” you said turning around and walking towards her, which made her walk backwards. “so what did you last night?” she asked you, a sly smile forming on her lips “last night?” you asked, your parents nodded their heads “just watched some Christmas movies you know, just trying to get into the spirit” you said looking down at the ground “oh well you know, i found you, oh you know what, Scotty why don’t you come in here too, so i can tell you both what i found?” your mother called out, reclining her head past yours, so she could see Scotty just as he was about to open the front door. You bit your lip, and turned around just as Scotty walked into the kitchen. He looked at you, a little upset look on his face “sorry” he whispered, you nodding your head, letting him know that it was okay. “how did you know he was here?” you asked “i have eyes in the back of my head” your mother said laughing “no come on really?” you asked “well last night, i went upstairs to check on you, and found both of you sound asleep” she said walking back to the sink “and you guys didn’t kick him out?” you asked confused, looking between your parents “well your father wanted to, but i wouldn’t let him” your mom said turning around and smiling at you “why?” you asked “i have my reasons” she said sitting down at the table “wait, what about my parents, aren’t they worried?” Scotty suddenly asked “it’s all taken care of” your mother said with a smile. For a moment you and Scotty stood there, confused as to why your parents would let you two do something like this “go on you too, if you dont hurry youre gonna be let for School, get a move on!” your mother said shooing you two out of the kitchen “alright, alright” you said calling behind you “see ya in fifteen?” Scotty asked before he walked out of the house, you nodded and then ran upstairs.

Closing your bedroom door behind you, you began to rummage through your dresser drawers, trying to find something to wear. Grabbing a random t-shirt and jeans you threw those onto the bed, and grabbed your shoes out of the corner of the room. Turning back around, you headed for your bed, and briefly looked out the window, Scotty was sitting on his bed, slipping on his boots. “man he gets dressed fast” you said out loud, as you quickly closed the curtain and began to get dressed.

Running your fingers through your hair, as you were looking in the mirror, you heard someone beeping outside. Turning towards the window, you opened the curtains and found Scotty standing there, by the drivers side, looking up at your window, you send him the ‘hold on’ gesture and then close your curtains once again.

Running downstairs, ready to go, you looked at your parents who were sitting there in the living room “bye, love you guys” you said as you opened the front door “(yourname) wait” your mom called, but it was too late, you were already out of the house. “i hope Scotty tells her soon” you mother says looking at your dad, he nodded his head and then went back to looking at the tv.

Getting into the truck, Scotty looked at you, you could see the emotion in his eyes “are you okay?” you asked, worried “yeah i’m fine” he said showing you a smile as he pulled out of the driveway.