49

Softly I knocked on Nat's door, my hands shaking with the plastic bag hanging in my grasp. She opened the door, surprised to see me with the bag.

"Amber? Hi!" she said, trying to sound cheerful. "Why are you here?" she asked, sounding a bit more worried now.

"I need a place to sleep tonight, please," I said, biting down on my lower lip.

With welcome arms she let me in, allowing me to sit on her bed. Slowly I slipped a box out of the plastic bag, and her eyes widened.

"A pregnancy test?" she asked in a light gasp. I nodded my head slowly, exhaling slowly. "What? Why do you have one?"

I sighed. "I think I might be..."

Natasha sighed, wrapping her arms around my body. She pulled me closer, knowing I was probably not in a right place. And she was correct.

*Later that night*

I slowly opened my eyes in the dark room, I saw Natasha asleep next to me on the bed. I saw her little alarm clock next to her bed, reading 02:21.

Slowly I got out of the bed and walked out of her room. I felt thirsty. I walked down the hall and down the stairs to the kitchen. I grabbed me a bottle of water out of the fridge, and when I turned around, I saw Steve come down the stairs.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, looking at the clock on the wall.

I had no reason to lie anymore. "I fell asleep on Nat's shoulder last night. I guess she left me to sleep," I said, showing no tad of a lie.

Steve sat down on a stool at the kitchen counter, looking at me. "Last I saw you drove off on your bike and Bucky drove after you," he said, his voice a bit sympathetic.

"I snuck in through the guest bedroom window last night," I said, resting back against the kitchen counter. "What are you doing up?" I asked, before taking a sip of water.

"Couldn't sleep, you?" he asked looking at my tired eyes.

"Got thirsty," I sighed. I stood back straight and walked away, without showing any emotion.

I walked back up the stairs and down the hallway. I entered Nat's bedroom, where she was still deep asleep. I smiled and put the water bottle down next to the bed. I got back into the bed, resting my head on the pillow. I closed my eyes and washed it all out again. I found myself to fall asleep again, dreaming about that dream I dreamt about before.

The broken window and white duvet cover. His soft hand touching mine. The flying blinds. His unrecognizable laugh. I just wish I knew who it was. I tried looking up again, but as I tried, I opened my eyes again.

I saw that the sun had already started to rise. I turned to see that Nat wasn't in the bed anymore. I sat up straight, scanning through the room, seeing that Nat must have left already. I saw clothes neatly folded up in the corner of the room. I stood up, carefully, and walked over, seeing a note on top.

Amber, hello. I brought you some clothing from your hotel room.

Thought it might help so you don't need to wear Nat's or Wanda's.

-Bucky

I rolled my eyes, tearing up the paper and throwing it into a trashcan. I took the clothes, stuffed it into a plastic bag before walking out of Natasha's room. I headed straight to Bucky's, where I knocked on the door, seconds before he opened it, being surprised by me standing in front of him.

"Amber," he said, his voice soft. "What are you-"

I threw the bag down at his feet, tired of his bullshit. "You can burn it or donate it to a thrift shop, I don't care. But I don't want it anymore," I said, before turning around and walking off. I was truly tired of Bucky trying to be the good guy. He made me so tired.