Chapter 22 - 24

Chapter 22 Encountering a Viper on the Road

"The school ranking competition~" I walked slowly towards the court with a tennis racket under my arm.

This seems to be a round-robin tournament where all second- and third-year tennis club members are divided into four groups every month. The top two in each group will be selected, and a total of eight can become the main selection for the tennis club. In fact, it is a battle to qualify for various competitions.

But for some reason, I, a first-year student, was also on the list of contestants. During the past two days of practice, I always felt that there was a strange atmosphere surrounding me.

"So far, Echizen has shown his ability." Beside the tennis court, I heard a familiar voice and saw a familiar trio. Horio set up the mountain gate there as usual. "But we may be in trouble from now on."

"Why? He played well against Momoshiro-senpai?"

"Momojo-senpai injured his foot, so he didn't compete seriously. If he had chosen to compete seriously,  No matter how hard Echizen tries, he has no chance of winning..."

"But I will still cheer for him." Katsuro said, "The first-year members are all looking forward to Ryoma-kun."

"Yes, that's right." Katsuro Xiong agrees. He raised his eyes and saw me, and hurriedly greeted: "Ah, it's Ryoma-kun."

"Ryoma-kun, we hope you can beat the main player." Katsuro Katsuo rushed to say.

There was a "hiss-" sound, and I looked to the side. On the grass by the roadside, with his back to us, there was a boy wearing a blue and white shirt and an orange headscarf sitting.

"Hey, first grader!"

"Yes!" The gloomy voice frightened all three of them to stand at attention.

"What are you talking about? Get out of here!" The boy turned his head, his eyes widened, and the expression on his face was like a poisonous snake that chooses people to eat.

"Yes!"

"I'm sorry~" The three of them turned around and ran away in fright.

I glanced at him. This man's turban was very strange.

"Hey!" He stared at me.

"Huh?" I didn't understand.

"Aren't you in the first grade?!"

"Oh, let's go now." I lifted my legs and walked away, muttering as I walked, "It's so scary~" I felt that his eyes were always on my back.

"Big thing, big thing!" As he continued to walk towards the court, a group of girls who appeared to be sophomores ran past him, chirping as they ran.

"The ranking competition is about to begin!"

"Today there is a competition for Tezuka-senpai!"

"I heard there is a first grader!"

"Liar, who is it?" Hey? Is the glasses minister so popular?

When I walked into the tennis court where I was going to play today, I saw a group of senior members staring at me like they were facing an enemy.

"Ryoma-kun~" The trio who ran for refuge before appeared again. "Come on, we will cheer you up."

"Look, even the seniors are eyeing you!"

"Hiss—" A tennis racket separated them from me, and the man in the turban appeared again. "Don't block the way, get out of the way!"

"I'm sorry, Kaitou-senpai!" The trio fled again.