Chapter 7 - 9

Chapter 7 Monkey and Hedgehog

"Hey, are you Echizen? Looking at your bag, don't you want to join the tennis club too?" After school, I was walking to the school tennis club with my tennis bag on my back when I suddenly heard a noisy voice coming from behind me.

Turning around, I saw a guy with eyebrows connected together that looked like a monkey. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Ah? I'm your classmate, Horio!"

This familiar guy quickly recovered from the shock and began to talk nonstop, "Although Echizen-kun, you are very popular with your class now because of your face (quietly) Attention girls, but when it comes to tennis, I have two years of tennis experience (emphasis on). Did you know? The tennis club of this school is very famous and super powerful, but ~ for me who has experience in a tennis school, becoming a regular player is no longer a dream. Hey, wait a minute! Listen to me, Echizen!"

In order to get rid of this noisy monkey, I hurried forward. With a "bang" sound, I bumped into someone at the corner. Depending on the size of the mass, it was determined that he remained motionless and I almost fell to the ground.

"Be careful to watch the road so as not to bump into others." A cheerful voice sounded.

I looked up at the man. In contrast to his voice, in addition to his strong physique, he also has an equally cheerful face and bright eyes. His hairstyle suddenly made an inexplicable word pop into my mind: "the indomitable hedgehog".

While staring at his hair and thinking wildly, I heard him say dissatisfiedly: "Hey, I don't like you looking at me so rudely." Her eyes moved from his hair to his eyes, which were full of vitality.

The dark eyes were a little angry now. After staring at me for a long time, his anger suddenly dissipated. "Forget it, since you are a freshman, I will forgive you this time."

Turning around, he said in a long tone: "Watch the road~Watch the road~"

"Who is this guy? Huh?" Looking at his back as he walked away in a swagger, Horio behind me asked the question I wanted to ask.

"Wow, it is indeed the Tennis Club of Youth Academy. The equipment is good!" Horio made a fuss in front of the tennis club, looking at the vast and flat tennis court in front of him. "Echizen, let's sign up first!"

"No." A voice interface said, "Hey, isn't that Ryoma-kun?" The owner of the voice suddenly changed his tone of surprise. It was the one he met at noon - named Katsuro Right?

"Hello, I'm Katsuro's friend, just call me Katsuro." A boy next to him who also seemed to be well-behaved introduced himself.

"Huh? Why not?" Horio asked hurriedly.

"Today the second and third grade school teams are being selected for competitions, so we will sign up tomorrow." Katsuro explained patiently.

"Hey, why is this~" Horio was discouraged.

If it hadn't been for another complete defeat in the match with the old man, I wouldn't have joined the tennis club. It would be better if I could never sign up.

"Hey, you're standing over there! Do you want to join our tennis club?" Two students wearing sophomore sweatshirts who looked like tennis club members shouted to us from the door of the court.

"If you want to join our tennis club, you must play a game first~" The two sophomores winked.

"Game?" Horio and the others were puzzled.

"The rules are simple." One of the second graders placed an aluminum can on the tennis court. "If you serve from this distance across the net and knock down the can within ten balls, you will get a bonus of 10,000 yen!"