Chapter 16 - 18

Chapter 16 Meeting again

Tsk~ Isn’t the main selection amazing? If I were allowed to participate in a ranking match, I would defeat you all.

My somewhat naive thoughts were interrupted by the uniform greetings of "Hello, senior -" from other club members.

"In order for the freshmen to get used to the atmosphere of this club as soon as possible, you can come to the empty court to practice." A gentle-looking senior in a blue and white shirt said.

The senior had an athletic short haircut, but left two locks of bangs on his forehead. At first glance, the oval head looks like an egg from behind.

"Great!" The first-year members cheered.

"Hey, hey, that's him!" Horio pointed at Eggman and said, "Secretary Tezuka, who didn't lose last year."

"Huh? Is that him?" The other new members sighed.

"Oishi," a light brown-haired main candidate said to Eggman with a smile, "Shall we practice some too?"

"That's right, Fuji. Let's practice until Tezuka comes."

Katsuro tilted his head. A blushing Horio said, "He's not Director Tezuka."

The main selection practice on the field quickly attracted the attention of the freshmen.

The so-called first pick accurately hit every ball sent back into the basket on the opposite side of the net. Then, the rest of the main selections did the same exercise.

"It's amazing. No matter where they hit the ball, they can hit it back into the basket accurately." Horio was stunned.

"I have never seen such a serving practice."

"This is the strength of the main selection." The new members sighed one after another.

"Our seniors are still as good as usual." Arai was envious and turned to me and shouted: "Hey! Do you understand?"

"Don't think that by accidentally hitting an off-spin serve, you can stand out in the first grade!" He spat.

"Ah, you're trying too hard." A voice suddenly came from the field where the first-choice players were playing. It sounded like it was that Fuji.

A tennis ball flew towards me from the air. Without thinking, I jumped up, swung the racket, and dunked the ball hard into the far basket. This move made all the eyes in the stadium turn to me.

"Easier than imagined." I said.

Arai, furious, grabbed the sweatshirt on my chest and picked me up. "Who are you laughing at? Stop showing off. This is not a place for a first-year brat like you to steal the show!"

"Why are you making so much noise in the stadium!" A calm and majestic voice sounded. Everyone looked towards the stadium entrance. Standing at the door was a man wearing glasses and with a serious face.

"Mr. Tezuka!"

"Hello, Minister!" Everyone bowed to this man. But there was only one voice echoing in my mind - "Thank you, uncle~"

"Thank you, uncle~"

Yes, this man who everyone calls the minister is the uncle with glasses who helped me block the wind on the subway before school started !

Before I could recover from the shock, the stern voice sounded again. "You will be punished for causing trouble. You two will be punished by running 10 laps of the playground!"

"Please, please wait a moment, it's this guy..." Arai pointed at me and wanted to defend.

"20 laps!"

"Yes, yes." Arai quickly swallowed what he had not finished.