Chapter 100

Riverkit had never been in the leader's den before. She might have been more excited about it now, but she wasn't there for a good reason. She, along with the other kits that had left camp, were lined up before Hawkstar.

"The four of you know why you're here," Hawkstar meowed.

"Because we left camp without permission," Smokekit meowed.

"That's right. You worried the Clan and all of the warriors had to stop what they were doing to look for you. The elders didn't get to eat yesterday and neither did anyone else."

The four kits shuffled uncomfortably.

Riverkit felt terrible. "I didn't know all of that!"

"We only wanted to have some fun!" Meadowkit added.

"What you did was very selfish, foolish and dangerous!" Hawkstar meowed sternly.

"But nothing happened!" Riverkit protested. "

"Thank StarClan for that because anything could have happened to kits too small and untrained to defend themselves."

"We didn't mean to cause so much trouble," Flamekit mumbled, head hanging.

"We're really sorry!" Meadowkit squeaked.

"Except I don't think you are," Hawkstar meowed with a shake of his head.

"What are you going to do to us?"

"Your mothers will punish you, but I expect each of you to have learned your lesson." Hawkstar flicked his tail in dismissal.

The four kits left the leader's den with sighs of relief.

"I never wanna do that again!" Riverkit exclaimed.