She is Death

By MsGorehound

In a world where demons are the primary enemies, there was a girl born in a kingdom where light doesn't exist... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Aces
Chapter 3: The Riddler
Chapter 4: Alvis
Chapter 5: Meet the King
Chapter 6: Meet the Hot-Headed Guy
Chapter 7: Into the Valley
Chapter 8: Malice
Chapter 9: Kingdom of Witches
Chapter 10: Alice
Chapter 11: Felix
Chapter 12: Day-te Off?
Chapter 13: Yuri
Chapter 14: Asmodeus
Chapter 15: Yui's Recovery
Chapter 16: The Story
Chapter 17: Feelings
Chapter 18: The Looks
Chapter 19: The Ball Part 1
Chapter 20: Snezana
Chapter 21: Langston
Chapter 22: The Ball Part 2
Chapter 23: Akase
Chapter 24: The Ball Part 3
Chapter 25: Meet Langston
Chapter 26: Jack
Chapter 27: Dreams
Chapter 28: Liris
Chapter 29: Lunex
Chapter 30: Steve and Ethan's Battle
Chapter 31: The Tiger (Vale)
Chapter 32: Antia
Chapter 33: Barbas
Chapter 34: Help
Chapter 35: Flashback
Chapter 36: Weeks without Her
Chapter 37: First
Chapter 38: The Baby
Chapter 39: Yva
Chapter 40: Memory
Chapter 41: Another Memory
Chapter 42: Beach Day
Chapter 43: The Necklace
Chapter 44: Dwayne
Chapter 46: Spurt, Splatter, Scatter
Chapter 47: To the Mansion
Chapter 48: Boney-Guy
Chapter 49: Elisha
Chapter 50: Elisha (Part 2)
Chapter 51: Luc
Chapter 52: The Surprise
Chapter 53: Welcoming
Chapter 54: Love
Chapter 55: Flirt
Chapter 56: Centipede
Chapter 57: The King
Chapter 58: Set a Meeting
Chapter 59: Start of the Meeting
Chapter 60: Max & Yui
Chapter 61: The Plan
Chapter 62: Kingdom of Darkness
Chapter 63: Meet the Leaders and Rulers
Chapter 64: The Start
Chapter 65: The War
Chapter 66: The War (2)
Chapter 67: Her Fall
Chapter 68: The End
Chapter 69: The Beauty in Nightmare
Chapter 70: She is Death
Chapter 71: End of War
Epilogue

Chapter 45: Acceptance

108 15 2
By MsGorehound

Back in the Beach

"What happened to the three of you?" Steve asked.

"Yui just defeated an enemy," Alyssa said.

"What? You fought an enemy and you did not call us?!" Steve said. Then they all looked at us.

"Yeah, i-it's Dwayne," I said.

"Dwayne? Who's that?" Steve said.

"Uhh... I encountered him yesterday, then he fought me earlier. He says he just want to avenge Jack, his brother, the one who trespassed in our palace," I explained.

"Tss, why did you not call us?" Yuno asked.

"I can handle it," I said.

Alyssa and Yva are not talking. They're just looking down and thinking of something.

"What happened to you two?" Ethan asked.

"H-huh? N-nothing! I just missed Yunooo~" Yva smiled awkwardly then she hugged Yuno's arm.

"I'm just... tired," Alyssa said then she walked away.

I fake smiled, "I think I'll have some rest too."

Then I followed Alyssa. I haven't thanked her yet for healing me earlier even though she's... mad at me? I don't know what she's feeling and thinking right now but I need to talk to her.

She entered our room, so I entered too then I locked it.

"A-alyssa, can we talk?" I asked.

"I'm tired, Yui. Maybe tomo--"

"No, please. Please," I said.

I squeezed my arm, "T-thank you for healing me earlier," I smiled.

She just nodded.

"A-and about earlier... I'm sorry if I scared you," I said as I looked down.

"Scared me? Yui, you did not scare me! You made me worried so much!" She shouted.

I looked at her, "W-worried? But--"

Then she hugged me tightly, "I was so worried! I didn't know what to do to bring your senses back that's why I slapped you so hard, and I-I'm sorry," she said.

"I was scared, I thought I'd lose you," I whispered then I hugged her back.

"Of course not! We will not leave you just because you love gore stuffs!" she joked.

Then she released herself from our hug and looked at me in the eyes, "I mean we will never leave you even if you become an elf, a dwarf, a mermaid, or even a demon. You know why demons are bad and loves to kill anyone? It's because no one loves them and just like you, they were also looking for someone who can accept their appearances and personalities," she smiled.

"Look at you, you keep on saying you're a demon yet you're helping us to kill the bad ones. The word demon is just a label, it doesn't define who you are. Have you seen a demon who loves helping people?" she asked.

"N-no--"

"YES! I have seen one and she's right here, in front of me. She has a beautiful heart and a motivated mind. She loves sacrificing herself just to save the people she loves. She were rejected and abandoned several times, she kept on looking for someone who will accept her... but hey, have you ever thought to accept yourself first? Don't tell me... even yourself rejected you, do you?"

My eyes widened, "I-I... I did not notice... I w-was rejecting myself--"

"Then I think I know now... I know what's the missing piece to your crazy puzzle," she chuckled.

"W-what's that?" I asked.

"It's to accept yourself, Yui. Accept it no matter how good or bad it is," she said.

"B-but--"

"No more buts, Yui! No more ifs!" she said.

She's smiling sweetly. Why am I blessed with such good, loving, and understanding friends? I'm so lucky to have them.

"I'm sorry," I whispered then I felt my tears fell, "I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby. I'm sorry I'm so stupid," I cried.

She hugged me again, "You're not a crybaby, you're just hurt. You're not stupid, you're just confuse."

"T-thank you, Alyssa," I said.

"I just want to help you," she said.

I wiped my tears, then we sat down. I grabbed my bag and took the keychain, "By the way, here. I bought it, I really don't know if you will appreciate it but--"

"What are you saying? Of course, I appreciate it even though skulls are not my thing. I appreciate it because it came from you. Thank youuu!" she said.

I smiled widely, "You're welcome!"

I'm really glad we're okay now. I wonder what Yva is doing right now.

----

At the shore

"Here, Ethan. I bought it for you!" I said then I gave him the keychain.

"Thank you but why skull?" he asked.

"Uhh... because I find it cute," I laughed awkwardly.

"Alright, thanks," he said as he pushes his eyeglasses to his nose.

"Hey, Felix, this is also for you. And Yva, for you too!" I said then I gave them the keychian.

"This looks disgusting!" Yva said. "You have no taste!"

"Tsk, what is this for?" Felix said.

"Nothing, just a little gift for being a good friend," I said.

"Huh! I'm not your friend, I'm your Vice Captain," Felix said.

"Oh...right," I laughed awkwardly.

"Yuno suits that position more than you do," Yva said.

"What did you say, you little mouse?" Felix said.

"What did you just call me, you arrogant feeling-cool Vice Captain?" Yva said. They glared at each other and continued arguing.

They're arguing again.

I walked away from them slowly and left them. I saw Captain Luttrell watching the sea waves, I walked towards him and called him, "Hey Captain! I have something to give you. I hope you like it," I said then I handed him the keychain.

He chuckled, "This looks cute and weird, but thank you."

"You're welcome, captain! That's for thanking you for trusting and accepting me," I smiled.

He patted my head, "I saw a potential in you, that's why I accepted you."

"You mean potential for making troubles?" I joked.

He laughed, "Yeah, that's one."

I pouted, "Eeeh?! Are you serious, captain?"

"Maybe," he said.

"But why are you here, captain? It's almost dinner," I said.

"I'm just looking at the sea. Earlier, I felt someone watching us from there... at the other side of the sea," he said as he looks in front.

Woah, he can feel that? That far?! I can only feel the cold breeze, nothing else.

"Woah, that's incredible! How can you feel it?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just felt it. I was born with sensitive senses, that's why I can hear, see, smell, and feel almost everything even if that is far away, but of course not so far far away," he chuckled. "You know what I mean."

"Ohhh, I just use clairvoyance to see and feel everything from above," I said.

Then he looked at me, "You used a clairvoyance?"

"I did, I think several times. I first used it when battling with Antia," I said.

"That's great. I see you have improved so much," he said.

"I did! Even my confidence in fighting improved!"

"That's good, but how did you know you can use clairvoyance?" he asked.

"I don't know, captain. You know, I noticed something from myself. Whatever I cast or magic I say, it just exist. I'm actually just making my own spells and all of those exist! All of them worked perfectly," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, I actually don't know that I can use clairvoyance. I just saw how that works from someone else then I also tried using and saying it, and yeah, it works! That million blades, blue laser, time magic, clairvoyance... I just made them up! It's not actually my magic, I have no specific magic," I said.

"I see you can become a great queen someday," he said.

My eyes widened, "U-umm, captain, I'm not yet ready to m-marry you but if y-you insis--"

"What? Hahaha, no, no. That's not what I meant. What I mean is you have the potential to rule a kingdom. Besides, I know you can't do evil things and I know that you will protect the kingdom no matter what it cost, so yes, I think you can become a great queen someday, Yui," he said.

I was stunned. I can't believe the captain just told me that! I'm so flattered.

"Y-you don't have to cheer me up like that, capt--"

"I'm not cheering you up. I'm just telling what I see in you," he said.

I smiled sweetly, "Thank you so much, captain. And if that happens one day, I'll make sure that you'll be the greatest captain among all of the kingdoms!"

He chuckled, "Keep up the good work, Yui. I believe in you."

>_< My heart melts, captain. Please don't be like that. I might fall in love with you. Eeeekk~

"Excuse me, Yui and Captain Luttrell, I'm sorry to interrupt you but the food is ready. We should eat now," Ethan said.

"Thanks for the reminder, Ethan," the captain said. "Let's go, Yui." then he offered me his hand so I quickly took it, of course you should not miss the opportunity!

Then we started walking while holding hands (>_<) and went to the table where everyone is waiting for us.

"They're here! Yay, we can eat now!" Alyssa said.

"Jeez, what took you so long, Yui?" Yva said.

"I never wanted the captain to be my rival but... Yui, it's breaking my heart," Steve said as he looks at captain Luttrell's hand holding mine.

"Stop controlling the captain's mind, Yui! You two are not meant for each other," Felix said.

"But I'm not," I laughed awkwardly.

"Tss," who else would that be? Of course, it's Yuno's favorite line.

"Ehem, ehem. Sit down properly and don't make a mess in front of the foods," Ethan said.

"There he goes again, the disciplinarian," Yva said.

Ethan glared at her, controlling his temper. Haha, that's cute.

Then captain and I sat down and we all started praying.

After praying, we all started eating and while we're eating, we're also talking and chatting about random things. We talked about how our day went and they even asked what kind of enemy is Dwayne.

I told them what happened, but of course, I did not tell them the gore part. They might puke when they hear it.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow?

Oh, I forgot to give the bracelet to Steve and the necklace to Yuno. Maybe I'll just give it to them later. I don't want anyone to know I gave them a different gift, they might get jealous.

"Hey, Yui. Yuno is mine, okay? So back off!" Yva said.

"W-what? But I don't remember Yuno having a girlfriend or anything," I said, then they all laughed except for Yuno. Yuno just watched me and Yva fighting for him.

I know he's enjoying it because we're both arguing because of him.

But really... I confessed to him already and he also kissed me twice, so... Yuno belongs to meeee >_< I will not allow Yva to have him, no, no, no! Hmp!

----

Heyaa! How's this chapter? It has some random lessons that you can actually apply in real life. Enjoy reading, everyone!

Leave a comment and vote my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 23.4K 52
"Estelle, I will kill any man who stands in my way of having you. I will kill one to one thousand men!" I snarled, fury consuming me as her frightene...
114 36 9
Change is inevitable. Peace is easy to shatter, but hard to rebuild, just like trust. Greed has always led to humanity's worst mistakes. Yet it is ve...
44.2K 1.8K 60
"You need to understand this." He stepped closer, "I'm going to protect you Seraphina. Now and forever. Even if you choose to leave. You're someone I...
135K 11.4K 105
Cole Glassad couldn't care less about the upcoming palace ball meant to find a wife for the prince. Her life is down in the dangerous Sparkstone mine...