Him and I

By Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... More

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 14: Attending classes
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 25: I choose you
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 33: Pranks
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 35: Broken
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non cliché
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 50: Trekking
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger

Chapter 54: Escaping

843 24 11
By Devaanshii

Happy Reading:)

_________________________

Derina's POV:

"Oh my God Derina are you alright?" Jessica whispered.

I was not at all alright. I was lying on a cold surface. The back of my head was hurting.

"Did you lose your memory?" She asked me. I slowly sat up and immediately pain shot in my head. "What am I going to do?" Jessica continued talking.

"Jessica, I haven't lost anything." I said to her and looked around to take my surroundings in.

It was a dark room. There was one small light bulb which hardly lit the room. It was like, the kind of place where you do illegal stuff. More like hide dead bodies. It was empty except for Jess and me. Jessica was sitting on a chair and her hands were tied behind. I stood up and I thought I was going to fall because I don't know how long I had been unconscious. Somehow I reached Jess and tried to open her hands.

"We are going to die." Jessica said. Even in this state I rolled my eyes. I mean, we weren't going to die. Mason would probably be on a search mission by now.

"Will you just calm the hell down?" I said Slowly.

I was still looking around finding for any ways to get put of here. This place didn't have a single window or anything else except for one door. It felt like this was some kind of basement.

I was telling Jessica to not make much sound because if anyone heard us outside, they would probably tie us both again.
There was some noise outside. It was growing louder as if people were approaching the room.

Jess and I ran back to our position and Jess pretended like her hands were still not free and I was on the floor again and closed my eyes just like before. The door was opening. It was locked so we could hear keys rattling. The door opened and I think there were three men.

"Sir, I think that girl needs a doctor." First man said. He was mostly talking about me.

"Ofcourse she needs a doctor because of stupid sociopaths like you." Jess said.

Oh my, we were definitely going to die but the reason would be Jess and her big mouth.

I heard a chuckle. Wow kidnappers found it funny.

"Nobody needs a doctor here. Derina will be up in some time. Till then Mason will be here." This sounded like the voice of the boss. The voice was cold. It was of an old man. And if I am right that we were kidnapped by the Dentons then this was Christopher. "Keep an eye on them. And especially This girl. Tape her mouth."

Then I heard some footsteps and tape and Jess talking bullshit before her mouth was shut.

I have to find a way and do something. As soon as possible.

"Don't hesitate to shoot a bullet if they try to act over smart."

"Yes sir."

And then the door closed again.

I heard Jessica rip the tape and she whispered, "They are gone."

I sat up again. And then it came to me, I have a phone. Mason had given me an extra phone. I took it out. Thank God I didn't keep it in my pocket and hid this properly. Jessica was still processing the fact that I took out a phone from somewhere.

"Did you know we were going to get kidnapped or what?" She whispered and sat next to me.

I switched the phone on.

"Next I think you will take out a gun or a small knife from somewhere."

The phone started ringing immediately. It was loud. Fuck. I stopped it from ringing but maybe, just must the people outside may have heard it if they were waiting just outside the door. But there was no movement or voice so I continued. I was about to hit the call button when the door was thrown open and two men rushed inside and snatched the phone from my hand.

"I told you I heard something." He said and the other man looked into the phone.

We were screwed.

______________________

Mason's POV:

We've been searching every dingy place possible where Christopher would keep Derina.
All his gang meeting places, wherever they do their illegal business.

It's been such a long time. I don't remember when I and Derina talked last time. It feels like I have been away from her for a lifetime.

And Derek. He is having a calm face and everything but I know what he must be feeling. I feel bad for him. He had been happy since he came back and now Jessica is not safe and Derek is worried. I can understand. I don't think they both have even told each other about their feelings or whatsoever. At least it's not like that with Derina and me. Everything will be fine after all this is over. Everyone will be happy again is the only thing I've been telling myself.

I have been continuously trying to track Derina's phone, but it was switched off until now. Oh my God she switched the phone on and immediately I know where they are. I tell Derek to take us to the factories again. We did check it but not closely. I am looking at the GPS and suddenly within two minutes the location is lost again. They must've found the phone. Well, shit. But we know where they are.

Derek is driving like crazy. He stops at the factory that is far from the actual city. It's outside in a secluded area.

We rush outside and take our guns out. Another car takes a screeching halt and Jason steps out with other gang members.

We move forward and follow the trail which leads us to the entrance and immediately the guards and filthy gang men of Dentons start firing at us. Derek and I take them easily as we both have been trained dangerously since we were kids. We never miss our aims.

There are cars outside the doors. It's hard to tell how many peple will be inside. I enter the factory, it's more like a mansion inside. The outside of this building may give you horror movie vibes. The inside is anything but horror.

It's like there's firing from everywhere. The whole mansion is lit with the shots from guns. After so many years of experience, I can actually sense when the bullet is shot at me, where it will hit me. So I keep ducking, moving and standing behind poles and taking some shield.

I am looking to just get inside and search each and every room in here for Derina. I can't wait to see her. I just hope she and Jessica are alright.

I just hear a click when I fire my gun and then realize I need to refill it. Just then Derek calls out and throws another gun at me. Then he yells that there's stairs leading down and that's the place where they might keep them. I nod and we move towards the stairs and Jason and others cover us.

Now that I look around there's only pools of blood and Denton's men. Dead Men.

________________________

The door to the basement is open and Derina and Jessica are standing there. Worry is written all over their faces. This is unbelievable. How are they alone?

Just as Derek is about to enter, Alexander comes from behind and point a gun behind Derina's head. I pull Derek's arm to make him stop.

"Mason." Christopher says and gets up from the chair he was sitting on the side and walks towards us and stands in front of Derina and Jess.

All our guns are pointed at him now. But Alexander's gun is pointed at my life. Looking at Derina, I don't see worry anymore. It's as if she has got hope now that she has seen me and Derek here. She is looking confident even though a gun is at her head. One wrong move and Alexander can ruthlessly pull the trigger.

Many more gang members are standing with guns on either side.

"Where is my sister?" Alexander spits out.

"Which language do you both understand? How many times have a told you that we do-" Derek says. But I cut him off.

"Put the guns down, let them come to us safely and you will get your daughter." I say.

Derek looks at me but with a neutral expression, he knows I'm bluffing but he doesn't let it show on his face.

Christopher laughs. It's a cold and evil laugh which echoes in the basement because there are so many people yet, it is pin drop silence here.

"You are just two stupid boys with guns who understand nothing about the seriousness of gangs underworld and fights. You really think we will fall for your trap?" He says.

"We may be boys, but we at least haven't pointed guns at innocent girls right now." Derek says.

Jason's aim is even better than me and Derek. Yes. He is that good. I gesture him and he just understands what he has to do.

Christopher is still talking bullshit with Derek when Jason shoots Alexander's hand and the gun falls down and he yells. It was so fast that nobody realized until Alexander yelled and fell to his knees due to pain. We started shooting the men who were left from their gang.

Derina caught Jess and pulled her to run but some men circled them. Derina left Jessica's hand and took the pose that people take before starting a fight. She looked at me for a second our eyes locked. Then she blinked and threw her first punch on the man's face. His nose started bleeding. I was so lost looking at Derina that I didn't realize until someone attacked me from behind. He had a hold on my neck. I easily pulled off his hand and turned around and pointed the gun at him. Before I could do anything, three bullets were gone already into his body from behind him. One of Jason's men shot him. Christopher looked down and he put his hand on the blood and fell down.

Derina was fighting like no less than a professional. Where did she learn that from? I was staring literally. She was punching, not like a girl, she was kicking and everything that happens in a boxing ring. Derek too was fighting with hands, his gun was fallen down.

Derina threw a last round house kick and the last man also fell to the floor. Jessica was holding a gun which means she must've killed someone. The four of us stared at each other. Where had life got us? Who would've thought anything like this would ever happen?

I went towards Derina. I stood in front of her and asked, "Where did you learn to fight like that?" Even after so much she managed a very small smile and my eyes caught someone behind her.

I jumped in front of Derina and pushed her swiftly and Alexander shot a bullet. I and Derina fell down and all this was like a movie. It happened in slow motion. I just thought I was shot. But, Alexander didn't fire, it Derek who shot Alexander from behind directly in his head.

Another bullet was shot before any of us could move, it hit Derek right on his shoulder above his heart. Christopher had shot it from his lying position. I thought he was dead. Jessica's scream was the last thing I remember. 

_______________________

Comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
295K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
19.5K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
140K 3.2K 31
Growing up in Fort Collins, Colorado, being a biker was definitely not uncommon. In fact, if you didn't have one member of your family own a motorcyc...