A Love For Keeps

By ginaddict

Dayu had struggled about his sexuality and self worth all his life. He always does what was expected of him:... More

Hotel Room
Stupid
Drinks
Trapped
Parting
A Little Bump
Clear Things Up
Caution
Happiness
Tips
Alternative Rock
Dinner
Please, Date Me
The Shower
Rejection
Disruption
Special Memory
Beach
Busy
Earth Shattering
Friend
Discomfort
Promises
Ally
Going Steady
Schedule
Love and Hate
Almost Perfect
Let Me Show You
It
Yours and Mine
Waist Up
Us
No Joke
Encouragement
House Visit
Permission
First Taste
Lies
Second Assignment
Allergic
The Good Son
Birthday Dinner
Cheeky
Two
Something New
Out
Choices
Hard to Deal
Ready
Touched
Loved
Pre Show
Meet Up
Reaction
Doomed
Storage Room
Unacceptable
Old Men
Compromise
Kindred Spirits
Filling
Caught
Breaking Point
Will
Battles
Confident
Playing Match
Basically Happy Ending
Event
Moments
Brewing
Chaos
Aftermath
Changes
Visit
Champion
Proscastinating
64%
Patience
Insane
Mismanage
Decision
Separation
Leaving
The Plan
The Blame
Sweet Love
Domestic
Messy and Drunk
Defenders
Dating and Not Dating
Monthsary
Unexpected
Courteous
Dinner Set Up
Status
Bothered
Host
Questions
Answer
Hit
Response
Circumstances
A Refreshing Change
Warning
Evidences
Lazy
Efforts
A Great Time
Good Start
Sick
Peril
Nausea
Heart Attack
Bad Liar
Truth
Falling Apart
Stay With Me
Family
First Steps
Believe in Miracle
Getting Better
Lessons
Gathering
Success
Old Woman
A Story
Easy Choice
Thank You Note

Breaking Protocols

2.5K 152 24
By ginaddict

(LUBAO)

"Is this wise? You are breaking protocols for him," I said to SengYou while we are standing on the foot of Dayu's bed. "His family should be here. And I know Qing loves Dayu but he is not family. Not according to Dayu's records we submitted."

"Change the record," Qing replied to what I said. "Make it so that I am the sole person allowed to be by his side while he is sick,"

I moaned in despair for him. "Look here, Wang Qing...I am willing to bend a lot of rules for you but this is a big offense that a lot of people won't overlook. I cannot manipulate Dayu's record to show that you have the sole rights as his guardian. He got living parents and grandfather. Family, blood relations, relatives...all alive and breathing that according to the law and our hospital's policy have rights to be with their son. So...for goodness' sake let the Fengs see Dayu." I turned to SengYou, "Talk some sense to your brother."

My handsome boyfriend frowned at me. "What made you think he will listen to me?" He asked me back.

My jaw slacked at his reply. I lowered my tone to hiss at him. "You are his brother. His older brother! And in charge of Dayu's condition. You can get questioned once the Fengs complain to the management for being barred to see their relative. You are risking your career for your brother's stubbornness. And your father...oh my..."

I feel a headache coming on. This is dangerous. Qing preventing Dayu's family to see Dayu can cause a scandal for the hospital and the people in charge of monitoring Dayu's health, which is Qing's own father and brother. My boyfriend...

"Look," I try again. "I get it, you are mad. I am mad too. Heck we are all mad, but the truth still remains that Dayu is sleeping in that bed and his record shows he got family. The hospital's protocol is the only people allowed to be with the patient are his family written on his record..."

"That is why I am asking you to change the record..." Qing gave me a sharp look.

I lost it, "We cannot change the record, you stupid baboon! That will be a crime and we can all be sued for that..." someone touched my arm. "What?!" I glared at my boyfriend.

SengYou shook his head and tightened his hand that held my arm. "Stop pushing for it. Qing will not change his mind. You are just working yourself up to having an attack like Dayu. Just let it be for now. Calm down. Take a deep breath." My boyfriend used his doctor tone on me.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. I even closed my eyes for maximum effect. "Okay. I am calm now," I said after opening my eyes. "What will we do if the Fengs complained about this?" I asked SengYou.

"I don't know..." SengYou said.

Oh I want to smack his head. I want to pull his hair and Qing's hair and smash their heads against each other.

But I will not do that, because I am rational and calm and I just had SengYou and I love him.

Shit! So many reasons not to hurt my boyfriend.

Someone phone rings and SengYou excused himself. "Baba is calling me. I have to take this." He moved to one corner of the room to take that call.

I sighed while staring at Dayu. His colors are coming back. I cannot believe how pale and white he was when they first got here this afternoon. Dayu looks like death warmed over. He was so pale.

But now, Dayu's color is going back to normal. Which means that he is getting better. What's not normal is Qing's silence and stillness. He hasn't left Dayu's side for hours now.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Qing. "You have to eat."

"I am not hungry," Qing replied in an even tone. Emotionless even.

"Okay, I will rephrase that. You need to eat. As a guardian of a patient, you need strength to look after Dayu." I said.

"I don't need food to keep on looking after him. I need Dayu to wake up. I need him to wake up now," Qing is being stubborn.

"Fine! You don't want to eat. You want to starve and collapse...okay. Hey, I am cool with that. We will just station another bed here so you can lie down next to Dayu and put glucose IV on you. Is that what you want?" I am getting angry at Qing. He is making me worry. I am more worried about him than with Dayu which is just unfair because I want to worry fully on Dayu. But Qing is making me feel concern about him.

For shit!

I was about to berate him to eat when SengYou came back to my side. "Baba took the Fengs on his office. They will do their waiting there. They are not complaining."

"Good," I nodded at that. That is good news. "Now convince your brother to eat."

"If he doesn't want to eat, we can just put another bed here for Qing to lay down on and attach a glucose IV on him." SengYou said, unconcerned.

Oh my...what?!

This time I resulted to violence. I smacked and pinched SengYou's arm. His blue eyes widened at me. I widened my eyes back at him while waving my head at his brother like I am headbanging in a rock and roll concert.

SengYou sighed. "Qing, you need to eat." He said to his brother.

"I am not hungry," Qing said.

"He is not hungry," SengYou told me. I put my hands on my waist and pursed my lips to Qing's direction again. Looking at SengYou with warning in my eyes.

My boyfriend sighs again. "Qing, you need to eat because if you won't I will also not eat and I will get dizzy. I cannot write Dayu's prescription if I get dizzy. I might accidentally kill Dayu if I will give him wrong medicines." He said.

Qing moved his head to frown at his brother. SengYou shrugged, "It can happen. One more wrong chemical on Dayu's body and it might shut down for good. So please, let's eat...for Dayu's sake."

Qing glared at his brother. "Fine, I will eat..." he finally relented.

"Excellent," I clapped my hands. "I will call for an order of food for all of us. LiYan and AhnZong will he here to take some change of clothes and other things for you and Dayu. All will be well. Dayu will wake up soon. Right?" I inquired on my boyfriend.

SengYou nodded, "Of course he will wake up soon. Baba and I are monitoring him. Dayu is getting the best care right now." He said in confident tone.

"Great!" I kissed my boyfriend's cheek in happiness for his cooperation before I walked away while on my phone to order some food.

These brothers are stressing me out.

.............................

(AHNZONG)

I bit my lower lip in suppressed anger as I watch over Yu's prone, unmoving figure in bed.

"I knew it. I knew one day his family will kill Yu with so much control in his life. They may call it love, I call it bullshits...it's control for control's sake." I muttered darkly.

"Honey," LiYan took my hand. "Your anger will not help this situation..."

"Can't you take him away?" I ignored my girlfriend's words to glare at Wang Qing. "Look, I will help. We have a farm in the North, you can hide Yu there until he got well enough to travel. From there you can cross the border to Russia and disappear. Just send us secret messaged when you got settled somewhere..."

"Really?" BaoBao smacked my chest while he is passing by. "Cross the border to Russia and disappear? That sounds like a plot for a spy book. Share that to Dayu when he wakes up so he can make a novel out of it."

I frowned at him. "And when will Dayu wake up?" I asked brusquely.

"Soon, Mr.Grumpypants," BaoBao drawled before sitting on the long couch in the luxurious hospital room. "Stop stoking Qing's anger. He is angry enough for all of us, okay? Let's keep our cool and wait for Dayu to wake up. That's literally what we can do to help."

"This is just terrible." LiYan said beside me. "Imagine giving something to someone that caused that someone to have a heart attack even though they are young and healthy. Dayu's youth and strong heart are the only reason why he is still alive today."

I grunted at that. Looking at my friend's face as he sleeps, anyone will think Dayu is just dreaming. He looks normal enough. Who would think that he actually suffered an almost fatal heart attack?

"It was unfortunate, correct, but what we have to think about is Dayu. Once he woke up, we can start the blame game. But for now, let's concentrate on him." BaoBao said.

He got a point there. We must not get distracted. We must focus on Yu and pray that he woke up soon.

He needs to wake up soon. Because as I look at Wang Qing, who BaoBao said hasn't left Yu's side, I don't think he is in a right frame of mind to accept anything but that...Yu waking up.

The man is just sitting there, so still but there is a tension to him that cannot be denied. Wang Qing is like a bow being pulled back with a deadly arrow he is on the ready to release. And he won't care who that arrow will pierce. Wang Qing is like a man angry at the world right now, he is keeping quiet because of Yu but I think all hell can break loose at any moment and Wang Qing will lead us all to it.

"You can all go now, Dayu and I will be fine." Wang Qing finally spoke up.

"I can stay here," BaoBao said. "SengYou is making rounds, visiting his other patients. I can stay here to look after Dayu too." He volunteered.

"No, I want you all to leave." Wang Qing said. LiYan and I look at each other. She winced at me. "Okay, we will leave." She pulled me away and signal BaoBao to follow us outside of the room.

"What is wrong with him?" I asked LiYan.

"He wants us to leave to protect us," LiYan said. "Qing...he...doesn't discriminate when he is mad. If he snapped, everyone in his line of vision will feel it and he doesn't want to do that to us. Believe me, this is better..."

"So we will just leave them alone?" BaoBao grimaced.

LiYan nodded, "That will be wise for everyone. Qing needs the quiet to calm himself and so he can think. If we will stay and continue talking about this, he will just get annoyed like a person with a buzzing bee on his ear. He will swath us away."

"Yikes," BaoBao winced.

"I am not scared of his anger," I said to my girlfriend.

LiYan gave me a tired look, "Yeah, because you and Qing getting angry together and brawling inside with Dayu sleeping is such a grand idea. Sure, let's do that..."

"Let's not do that," BaoBao shook his head. "Bad idea. Bad..."

I sighed. "I just hate that this happened to Yu. We could have prevented this..."

"How?" LiYan asked. "Dayu was with his family when this happened. We don't know what is the deal with his family aside from them being controlling. When Dayu called asking for help, he said something about his family wanting to take him away to the US. Which I find odd. I thought Dayu's family are finally warming up on their relationship."

"Dayu's parents are," BaoBao said. "I think they finally like Qing for Dayu."

"Exactly," LiYan said. "So what the hell is this? Why do this to Dayu to take him away? Why? There is something else going on and I think we should not get mixed with that. Not in this current mood. BaoBao is right, we should keep our calm and collective cool until we know everything. Qing will surely get answers to his question. But for now, let's not add up to his stress and anger. It won't help him."

I sighed. "Fine," I grumbled.

"Oh Honey," LiYan hugged me. "I know you are angry. I know you are worried. Dayu is your friend, I know. But be strong. I am here,"

I hugged LiYan back. I closed my eyes to get hold of my emotion. But I swear, if Wang Qing won't punch someone for this, I will punch him.

I want to punch someone. Yu's family is on top of my list. I am just about had enough of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.4K 18
~°•☆•°~ 19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company...
67.8K 2.8K 30
"Why can't you just leave me alone? Stop, please, your gonna get hurt, I don't want that!" Wonwoo exclaimed, pushing himself away from mingyu. "It's...
EMPRESS LIU By Desi Turtle

Historical Fiction

291K 10.2K 55
When Liu Changsheng came into the Emperor's household marrying the fourth Prince he had no ambition at all. He was just a fool in love. He was assaul...
136K 3.4K 11
A light novel. [Republishing] Officially Yizhan. I always prefer strong characters and switching. Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo romance fanfic. It's more...