A Love For Keeps

By ginaddict

Dayu had struggled about his sexuality and self worth all his life. He always does what was expected of him:... More

Hotel Room
Stupid
Drinks
Trapped
Parting
A Little Bump
Clear Things Up
Caution
Happiness
Tips
Alternative Rock
Dinner
Please, Date Me
The Shower
Rejection
Disruption
Special Memory
Beach
Busy
Earth Shattering
Friend
Discomfort
Promises
Ally
Going Steady
Schedule
Love and Hate
Almost Perfect
Let Me Show You
It
Yours and Mine
Waist Up
Us
No Joke
Encouragement
House Visit
Permission
First Taste
Lies
Second Assignment
Allergic
The Good Son
Birthday Dinner
Cheeky
Two
Something New
Out
Choices
Hard to Deal
Ready
Touched
Loved
Pre Show
Meet Up
Reaction
Doomed
Storage Room
Unacceptable
Old Men
Compromise
Kindred Spirits
Filling
Caught
Breaking Point
Will
Battles
Confident
Playing Match
Basically Happy Ending
Event
Moments
Brewing
Chaos
Aftermath
Changes
Visit
Champion
Proscastinating
64%
Patience
Insane
Mismanage
Decision
Separation
Leaving
The Plan
The Blame
Sweet Love
Messy and Drunk
Defenders
Dating and Not Dating
Monthsary
Unexpected
Courteous
Dinner Set Up
Status
Bothered
Host
Questions
Answer
Hit
Response
Circumstances
A Refreshing Change
Warning
Evidences
Lazy
Efforts
A Great Time
Good Start
Sick
Peril
Nausea
Heart Attack
Breaking Protocols
Bad Liar
Truth
Falling Apart
Stay With Me
Family
First Steps
Believe in Miracle
Getting Better
Lessons
Gathering
Success
Old Woman
A Story
Easy Choice
Thank You Note

Domestic

2.8K 165 17
By ginaddict

(SENGYOU)

It was a quiet affair in the dining table as we sat down for breakfast this morning. The empty chair where Qing used to sit was like an elephant in the room that no one is speaking about.

Until Mama broke the silence.

"Qing will be miserable with that boy," She said.

"Ma..." I sighed. "Stop thinking like that."

"And why not?" Mama narrowed her eyes at me. "I can barely sleep last night, thinking about your brother. What he did to us. And for who..."

"It's over and done," Baba said. "Now, we just need to trust Qing..."

"I will never trust that boy again. After he came for you and SengYou?" Mama snorted. "I can forgive him for questioning that contract Wang Medicals have with my father's company. But for Qing to come after you and to threaten SengYou of banishment..."

"He is that desperate," I said to my mother. "Can't we just accept it already? Qing loves Dayu. That much. To the point that he will stand before all of us to fight for it. Let's just settle that fact already."

"But..."

"Your son is right, YanYi," Baba agreed with me. Cutting Mama's protest. "Qing is not prancing around with this matter. Your son methodically planned everything. For him to gather all those shares to control under all our noses and gather all those informations about the mismanagement happening in our hospitals, Qing is dead serious to have his way. Do you want another conference bout with your business savvy son? Qing will swallow us all whole when it comes to business matter."

Wowo cleared his throat and we all look at him, "Leave Qing alone for awhile. Let's not push him or prick his patience. We all know that Qing is not one with a generous stock of patience on him."

"But Baba..." Mama gave us distressed look. "That boy. That Feng boy is richer than my son. Have you seen the look on Feng MiLen's face when she imparted that information? That mocking look on that woman's face..." Mama closed her eyes and took a deep breath like she is finding it hard to continue speaking.

"Stop letting that woman get to you." Baba gave Mama a censoring look.

"She is already under my skin. The moment she slapped my son, she had already proven to me what kind of pompous highhanded family they are. And they are probably looking down at my son right now because Qing doesn't have shares in two companies that afforded him half a million of earnings every month." Mama sneered in distaste. "I won't let anyone look down at my son."

"No one is looking down at your son but you," Baba gave a long suffering look. "Stop comparing that boy's assets to Qing's. Qing is not entering that relationship empty handed. Our son is accomplished. The Feng boy is unemployed at the moment. They are living in the house our son bought and paid for with his own hard earned money. Qing's pride is intact. Stop worrying."

"I will only stop worrying once they've broken up." Mama is being stubborn. "My emotions won't settle down until Qing realizes what big mistake this relationship he has with that boy is."

"Mama," I am getting tired of this issue. "Just let them be for now..."

"Your mother is right, SengYou." Wowo shook his head at me. "Yes, we can let them be for now. We want to be careful around Qing for the moment. But what we can all be assure of, is that the Fengs will also not let their relationship last. Feng LiXong is not a tolerant man. Soon, he will do something to destroy the association his grandson has with Qing. What if your brother get hurt?"

"Then he will get hurt. Qing will learn a lesson. He chose this. If he gets hurt, then you can all march in his door and tell him "we told you so". Aren't you happy?" I told my family.

Mama was shocked, "Wang SengYou...? Don't you care for Qing anymore? He is your brother..."

"And he made his bed. He made his mind. He laid down his decision. He wants to be with Dayu. And he wants us to stay in the sideline and not interfere. Frankly, if that is what he wants, then so be it. If he gets hurt, Qing can blame himself. We all told him not to proceed but he did. It will be on his head. He is an adult. He should take the consequences for his mistakes..." I said.

"As he should," Baba agreed with me. "And besides, we are not fortunetellers to say if that relationship of Qing and that boy will fail."

"Dayu is his name," I said firmly to my family. "Stop calling Dayu "that boy" or the "Feng boy". He has a name. Dayu. Maybe if you will start addressing his lover in the right way, Qing will start mellowing down. We have to give something to gain something. Right? Start respecting Qing's relationship with Dayu and maybe Qing will start warming up on us again." I stood up after delivering that speech. "I am done eating, thank you for the food." Even though the conversation leaves a lot to be desired.

"You are going to get ready for work already?" Mama gave me a worried look. "SengYou ah..."

"I have patients waiting for me, Mama. And besides, Chen LuBao will start today. I have to discuss the informartion leak problem with him. We all know Chen LuBao is Qing's eyes and ears in the hospitals. We have to show him that we are behaving..." I walked to where my mother is sitting on the other side of the dining table to kiss her cheek. "I love you. Stop worrying too much about Qing or I will start getting jealous. Is he your only son? What about me?" I gave her a teasing smile.

Mama's eyes softened. She touched my cheek gently, "My good son. Why can't Qing be more like you?" She is whining now.

Baba and I chuckled at that. "Because I am perfect. He cannot copy me," I winked at my mother before straightening. Baba nodded at me. I pat my Wowo's shoulder as I passed him.

I am not sure if my mother will listen to my words. She is stubborn. Qing got his stubbornness from our mother.

I just wish she will be careful. Qing is a powder keg ready to blow if we will once again raise protest about his relationship with Dayu.

And then there is Chen LuBao to consider as well.

Ugh! I am already having headaches. Good thing I am a doctor. I can prescribe aspirin for myself.

I think I will need a whole bottle to get through all these drama.

...........................

(DAYU)

The glass I am washing almost slipped from my hands when two strong arms suddenly hugged me from behind.

I am doing the dishes that we used while having breakfast. Qing was supposed to be getting ready for work. Not giving me a surprise backhug while I am washing the dishes.

"I am ready," Qing said when I turned around to scold him.

I wiped my wet hands on a dish towel as I surveyed him. Qing looks clean and smart in his white long sleeve button shirt, blue tie and black trouser. His black shoes are quite shiny too. His dark locks styled perfectly.

"I look good, right?" He grinned at me.

I nodded. Because what he said is the truth. "Okay. I will admit that." I conceded. "But you cannot hug me, your clothes will get crumples. Put on your jacket so you can go."

Qing frowned, "Without my goodbye kiss?" He looked crestfallen. "Dayu ah, I love the breakfast you cooked for me. But I would prefer a goodbye kiss every morning over breakfast."

He is...oh...

"Alright. Alright...just let me take this apron off. Put on your jacket and I will see you to the door and give you your kiss." I pushed him put of the kitchen.

"Okay, I will wait for you in the living room." Qing excitedly bounded off to get his business jacket.

I don't know what to do with him anymore. He is like an excited puppy that needs special attention sometimes. So I took off the apron and made sure I am dry before following Qing to the living room.

I walked him to the main door. With his jacket on, briefcase in his hand, Qing gazed at me expectantly. I sighed and stood on tiptoe to kiss his lips. "Have fun in the office today," I said after giving him a kiss.

"Should I extend my vacation?" Qing said out of nowhere. Utterly surprising me.

"No! What are you talking...just go," I pushed his arm so he will move. But it seems like Qing is still not ready to go. He didn't even budge one millimeter from his place. "Tell me again your plans for today."

I rolled my eyes. We had this conversation during breakfast. While he was heartily eating the food I made for him consisting of spiced oatmeal with roasted nuts and raspberries, hot freshly brewed coffee, toasts and creamy scrambled eggs.

But it seems like Qing wants to hear my plans again. So I recited them to him. "I will make inventory on the kitchen. Make a list of things we will need like more pans, utensils, bowls and plates. I will also unpack my mugs and recipe books. Plus I will list food items we will need for the week. Then I will shop..."

"Let's shop together. Later. Even the groceries. Let's do groceries together," Qing smiled at me. "Please..."

"I...oh," I sighed. "How will we do that?"

"Come to my office later. Let's have an early dinner together then let's shop and do groceries. I will take the SUV so we will have more rooms where we can put the items we will buy." Qing replied easily. "Plus, you will get to see LiYan. Great right?"

He...sure is full of ideas today.

Again, I nodded. "Fine. Let's do that. Now, leave before you get late to work. This is your first day back on the office after taking a long vacation. You should not be late."

"I am a director, I can be late." Qing sounded matter of factly.

"Aw...oh..." I want to smack his head a little. He got answers to everything.

"Just go," I waved my hand dismissively at him.

Qing pursed his lips again. I sneered at him, "I already gave you your goodbye kiss," I said.

"Did you?" Qing frowned. "I don't remember..."

"Wow...you..." he is leaving me speechless.

Qing pursed his lips again. Waiting patiently. I glanced heavenward first before leaning close to kiss him again. I hurriedly stepped away when Qing tried to kiss me back.

He smiled at me. "Don't forget to call your parents. Okay?"

That made me smile. "I won't. But thank you for reminding me."

"My pleasure. Bye, sweetheart." Qing wave at me.

"Bye," I waved at him. Then frown again when Qing still won't move to leave. "What now..."

"My goodbye kiss..."

"Oi! Wang Qing! I already kissed you twice!" He is being too much already!

Qing winced, "But Dayu ah, two is an unlucky number for goodbye kisses. Remember the saying, lightning strikes three times. Three. If you give me another kiss, I will be lucky like a lightning striking me."

"If a lightning strikes you, you will be dead. How is that lucky?" I argued back. This is getting ridiculous already. I never heard of two goodbye kisses being unlucky. Where did Qing got that? Or is he making things up as he goes?

Probably the latter.

"Statistically, some people can survive lightning striking them. If you give me another kiss, I can be a lucky guy who can dodge lightning." Qing has really answer for everything. And the nerve to hurry me along. "Look at the clock, I will be late. What if there is traffic today? Come on, give me my goodbye kiss."

He is driving me insane. I swear.

But what choice do I have? I chose this man. So I get close again to kiss him. Even letting Qing dip his tongue a little between my lips and finishing that kiss with a nudge.

Qing is all smile when that kiss ended. "Go now," I said impatiently. "Go."

"I love you," Qing said.

That made me smile. "I love you too. Now go, seriously."

Qing turned serious. "Okay," he opened the main door and step out of the house. "I will message you when I get to the office." He said while walking to his car.

"Thank you, I will appreciate a message," I called back to him.

I watched as my lover get in his car and remotely controlled the gate. I waved at him as his car exited the garage, sending him off with a smile.

It's all very domestic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 3.2K 13
Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan are have been in a relationship for five years. One day, Xiao Zhan propose to Yibo, but Yibo rejected him and run away. After...
314K 15.4K 34
"let's get married" "what?!" wangyibo is the heir to the lan company he is the only son in his family he is rich and talented and very handsome ther...
136K 3.3K 11
A light novel. [Republishing] Officially Yizhan. I always prefer strong characters and switching. Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo romance fanfic. It's more...
7.8K 327 17
When Feng He asked Cheng Qing to live with him, he ignored all the reasons it was a bad idea. The relationship with his step-brother was already vola...