Him and I

Galing kay Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... Higit pa

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 14: Attending classes
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 25: I choose you
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 33: Pranks
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 35: Broken
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non cliché
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 50: Trekking
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger
Chapter 54: Escaping

Chapter 26: The Wedding

801 27 0
Galing kay Devaanshii

Hey guys!
The look on the groom's face when he sees her coming down the aisle is so nice.
Happy Reading:)

______________________

"Derina! I'm finally happy y'know. We all knew you and Mason would make it. You guys look great together really. But how did he propose to you? And that, after you finished singing, you walked towards him with eye contact and all, that was amazing!" Jessica and I were sitting in our room.

We had to get ready for the wedding. Last night, Mason and I were making out non stop and talking and having fun. Yeah he hasn't asked me properly with a proposal, yet.

"Jessica, it's not a big deal okay."

"It is a big deal. You never date. And this time, you are going out with Mason. Obviously I'm gonna get all excited."

We were just talking about random stuff. There was a knock on our door. Jessica walked out to open it and then she called for me. It was Nathan.

I walked out and closed the door behind me. "What's up?" I asked him.

"Yesterday was a surprise. You and Mason-"

"Yeah, it was for me too." I said truthfully.

"I just want to tell you that all these years I was scared that I would lose you as a friend if I tell you about my feelings and so I didn't. I know I was with other girls. But that was just to distract myself from you."

"It doesn't matter now."

"It does Derina. I want to tell you that when Mason breaks your heart, I'm gonna be there for you. Always."

"He's not going to break my heart."

"What do you know about him Derina? About his family?"

"I know enough." I really didn't know alot about him. I still didn't know about all these rumours about his Dad. The gang. The racer. The politician. And I didn't know what my Dad was doing with his Father. "Actually Nathan, you should go. I have to get ready. I'll see you at the wedding." I didn't wait for a second and turned and walked in.

Did he come to just plant a seed of curiosity, anger and all for Mason. I'll talk to him about his family when the time is right. And if it was anything dangerous, my Dad would've told me stay away from him. But he was happy.

"Don't think alot about what Nathan says. All that matters is Mason's words." Jessica told me. I nodded and completely ignored the fact that she was eavesdropping.

Nathan was really pissing me off.

I got ready somehow, with too much on my mind. Plus weddings always made me a bit sentimental. I don't know why, but weddings, the love between the bride and groom and all vows and the last words, 'I do' everything's just so beautiful. The smile on their faces. The adoration for each other. It kind of overwhelms me.

We walked out of the room. Kyra, Nick, Derek and his sisters were there too.

Kyra

Derek

Nick

Jessica

All of us walked down to the lawn area of the hotel. It was all decorated with pretty flowers. Everything was themed peach, white and yellow, orange kind of shades. The sun was up. The lawn looked amazing. And there, my eyes laid on Mason. He was talking to Daniel and Tina. Everyone looked so happy today. Amelia and Andrew's parents were attending the guests. I just stood there at the door.

Mason's eyes met mine. He smiled. The rare kind of smile, that guys don't do alot. My heart skipped a beat. I know it's a bit too much. But being with a guy, it was new for me. He walked towards me.

Mason

"You look so pretty that I could marry you here before Amelia and Andrew." I laughed at what he said. He looked handsome. Really handsome.

"Why, thank you Mason." I said and he held out his arm for me to take. I took it, gladly, for once. "I want to ask you something."

"I'm here to answer all your questions." He smiled. Wasn't he very happy today?

"What does your Father actually do? Don't lie, because I've kinda heard about the gang and all."

"Hm, I was avoiding all about those details between us. But I guess we should talk."

"So it's true then, about the gang? But how? He's a political person right?" We were walking and then we stopped at a spot and stood facing each other.

"Dad has raced, you know that. At that time, he was in a gang. But then he was the leader of the gang. He couldn't leave it. He then got into politics but being with the gang is mandatory. It's not in Washington, obviously." He said everything with ease.

"Uh- okay. So he's a gang leader. That's alot to take in." I said and took a deep breath.

"My family is really complicated. They do whatever they want. Just like the gang thing. There are doctors, lawyers, business men, politicians and then racers and gang leaders kind of people too." He chuckled as if all this gang thing isn't a big deal at all.

"What are you going to become? The next gang leader?" I grinned crookedly.

"Oh, no. Shut up Derina. Though I'm gonna race. NASCAR is a dream. And then maybe the next political leader."

"That's great. What does my Father do with your family?"

"Secret service."

"What!?" I whisper yelled.

"It's not for kids like you really. So let it go." He smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him. The song for the arrival of the bride started, I hadn't realized it was time. I had to walk down, I was a bridesmaid.

It was a slow music. Amelia's Maid of honor walked down the aisle slowly.
Then all the bridesmaids. And then there stood Amelia along with her Dad, and little kids at the back holding her long dress and veil.

She reached Andrew and her Dad stepped aside, I could already see him crying. Andrew couldn't take his eyes off her. This was such a happy moment. Daniel was standing there with Tina. They both looked so good together. Daniel was gonna cry soon. I smiled at him reassuringly. He nodded back.

Nathan and Daniel

Andrew and Amelia Said there speech. I was alright. But I couldn't take it when Daniel and Amelia's Dad finished their speech. It was so emotional. I cried. Mason was holding me by his side the entire time. We were all sitting and the Best Man and Amelia's Maid of Honor gave their speech. Amelia told me to say something for them both. I've known Amelia for a long time really. She was like my sister too. And Andrew, I did meet him before. But didn't know him too well because he was in Hawaii. So I got up and introduced myself first.

"Love isn’t perfect; it is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define and impossible to live without." Mason was looking at me. I couldn't leave his eyes.

"Today, I watched as my friend, Amelia, tied the knot with her long-time love, Andrew.

"It was a wedding that had been 11 months in the planning and 11 years in the making. It brought a tear to my eye and melted my somewhat commitment-phobic heart." Some people laughed. My Father was looking at me with a smile.

"My two friends—who I often still picture as their 20 year-old selves—took the ultimate step when it comes to love; they made their vows in front of 140 family and friends on a perfect Saturday in spring and sealed it with a kiss.

As one of Amelia's childhood friends, I have been lucky enough to watch her and Andrew grow from newly-dating uni students juggling study and part-time jobs, to loved-up grown-ups juggling demanding careers with busy social lives.

And while our lives aren’t as carefree as they used to be (it’s been a long time since we jumped in the freezing lake back home which was almost 12 years back )" Amelia laughed loudly and Daniel and Nathan said something about that being fun. Jessica hooted. We all used to do that. " -the strength of our friendship hasn’t changed; it has simply grown and evolved.

Amelia and Andrew aren’t just friends, they are family.

And when the topic you’re talking about is your friend well, it can be a little bit hard to find the right words.

But I just wanna say that Amelia and Andrew's best day turned out to be a best and memorable day for all of us.

I wish they both live happily ever after.

I clinked my glass to Amelia's and she said, "I love you Derina." I smiled.

Amelia and Andrew had to do their first dances with their parents. We were all sitting and chatting.

Mason was beside me. He was looking at me once in a while.

"You love weddings, don't you?" He asked me.

"Yes. I do." I smiled at him.

"Y'know being with you is the biggest risk I've taken." He said.

"Why?" I knit my eyebrows.

"All this family crap. I don't know what future holds for us."

"I don't want to think about the stupid future Mason. All that matters is that we're together, here, in the present. Future is going to happen, no matter what. But before any complications or hurdles come our way, I wanna spend each moment happily, with you." I squeezed his hand.

"My girlfriend is so wise. Beauty with brains." He smiled and tapped the side of my forehead.

"That reminds me, you haven't proposed to me." I crossed my arms. He rubbed the back of his head.

He sat down on his knee immediately.

"Oh my God Mason. Get up. Not here." I almost yelled and looked around. Derek saw us. He laughed loudly. Now Jess and Nick were looking too. And well, everyone.

"You're the most beautiful and important girl in my life. You came into my life when I needed someone to be there for me. You helped me out of my grief. You took off the knots in my heart. You are the one for me Derina. Will you be my girlfriend?" He grinned. A very wide grin.

"Yes!" I shouted and jumped on him. Everyone was clapping and all. I didn't care that our friends were watching. All I cared about was Mason.

I wasn't going to forget this day. Ever.
We danced to the music. They cut the wedding cake. We ate. We had fun. The wedding was great. It soon ended and Amelia and Andrew took off. Not before promising to spend a weekend with all of us again. Just like childhood.

I wanted this life. I wanted to be with Mason forever. I couldn't tell him those 'three words' yet. But I wasn't able to, I did try. Oh, maybe my commitment- phobic self couldn't do it.

We visited my Grandma the next day. She immediately understood that we were together. We were standing in front of her hand in hand.

While coming back to the hotel, Mason insisted on me driving. I drove like a Maniac. The roads were clear. I raced and drifted and what not. We were having the best time.

"I'm actually living life a quarter mile at a time." Mason said. I nodded.

"Me too." I smiled and squeezed his hand and he squeezed it back.

______________________

Please comment and vote!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
1K 242 23
~ I put my foot down and drive to the first corner. The track is always wet at the start of the day as the water truck is able to go out and keep it...
140K 3.2K 31
Growing up in Fort Collins, Colorado, being a biker was definitely not uncommon. In fact, if you didn't have one member of your family own a motorcyc...
59.5K 1.3K 17
She has the most biggest challenge yet! Enter Liv Valentine. “You have two months, to make Mr. Cutie over there to fall for you, make him reveal it...