A Love For Keeps

By ginaddict

Dayu had struggled about his sexuality and self worth all his life. He always does what was expected of him:... More

Hotel Room
Stupid
Drinks
Trapped
Parting
A Little Bump
Clear Things Up
Caution
Happiness
Tips
Alternative Rock
Dinner
Please, Date Me
The Shower
Rejection
Disruption
Special Memory
Beach
Busy
Earth Shattering
Friend
Discomfort
Promises
Ally
Going Steady
Schedule
Love and Hate
Almost Perfect
Let Me Show You
It
Yours and Mine
Waist Up
Us
No Joke
Encouragement
House Visit
Permission
First Taste
Lies
Second Assignment
Allergic
The Good Son
Birthday Dinner
Cheeky
Two
Something New
Out
Choices
Hard to Deal
Ready
Touched
Loved
Pre Show
Meet Up
Reaction
Doomed
Storage Room
Unacceptable
Old Men
Compromise
Kindred Spirits
Filling
Caught
Breaking Point
Will
Battles
Confident
Playing Match
Event
Moments
Brewing
Chaos
Aftermath
Changes
Visit
Champion
Proscastinating
64%
Patience
Insane
Mismanage
Decision
Separation
Leaving
The Plan
The Blame
Sweet Love
Domestic
Messy and Drunk
Defenders
Dating and Not Dating
Monthsary
Unexpected
Courteous
Dinner Set Up
Status
Bothered
Host
Questions
Answer
Hit
Response
Circumstances
A Refreshing Change
Warning
Evidences
Lazy
Efforts
A Great Time
Good Start
Sick
Peril
Nausea
Heart Attack
Breaking Protocols
Bad Liar
Truth
Falling Apart
Stay With Me
Family
First Steps
Believe in Miracle
Getting Better
Lessons
Gathering
Success
Old Woman
A Story
Easy Choice
Thank You Note

Basically Happy Ending

2.6K 164 11
By ginaddict

(QING)

After talking to Dayu, I called my mother to confirm something to her.

I even did it via video call.

"When is this convention?" I asked my mother.

"Wednesday, why?" Mama frowned at me.

Wednesday. Bingo!

I pushed down the excitement that rose inside me. I even opted to frown even if I want to jump and punch the air in joy.

And played a little hard to get.

"I will be busy this Wednesday, Mama..."

"You will go to the convention with me to see Mrs.Chen and her son again." My mother said in her insisting tone.

"But Mama..."

"Wang Qing!" Mama glared at me through the screens of both of our tablets.

I sighed, "Fine. I will go. But in one condition. SengYou Gege has to come too." I laid out my terms to come with her on this convention.

"Your brother? SengYou?" Mama frowned this time. I nodded.

"Do I have another Gege? Yes, my brother. You know, the tall blonde one," I said.

"Don't be cheeky, Wang Qing. Fine, your brother and father will be there as well. You really need a buffer, do you?" Mama pursed her lips.

I smiled at her, "Yes, Mrs.Wang, I need someone between us because I know you are still mad at me." I sighed. "I'm sorry, Mama. What I said was insensitive and hurtful and I am stupid. It's my fault." I finally apologized to her.

And I feel a lot more regret as I saw tears gathered in her eyes. "I hated you when you said those words..."

"Valid reason to hate me."

"You are my bad son!" Mama sniffed.

I nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry. I am bad. But I don't mean those words. I won't harm myself and I won't hurt you that way. I love you, Mama..." I said those words with the earnest sincerity in my heart.

My mother finally burst into tears. I sighed when she passed the tablet to my father who frowned at me. "Do you really have to make your mother cry while apologizing?" He demanded at me.

"Sorry," I smiled cheekily at him. "Hug her or kiss her or something. To make her stop. I'm sorry, Baba. I love you too. Don't be jealous now,"

"You stupid boy," Baba growled before Mama snatched back the tablet from him. She has composed herself but her eyes are still shiny with tears. "Love only me," she said in a demanding tone.

"You are the only woman I will love like this, Mrs.Wang. Stop being clingy or your husband might catch us. You and I, this affair we have, we have to keep it from him," I winked at my mother.

"I can hear you," Baba said boredly on the background.

"Don't mind him," Mama said. "I will leave him for you, Qing." She added.

I laughed. God, I love my parents. They are the best, and if they will love Dayu as well, my life will be perfect.

"Okay. Do that," I said to Mama. "Goodnight Mama. I love you. Tell Mr.Wang, I love him too."

Mama giggled like a teenage girl before nodding. "I love you, Qing."

I ended the call and laid on my bed in satisfaction.

I think things are going well for me. I have apologized to my mother. She loves me again. And I will get to make her happy by going into this convention.

Plus, I will see Dayu this Wednesday.

Yup. Things are looking up for me.

                   .........................

(DAYU)

I would love nothing more than to see Qing this Wednesday.

Except things might be a little more complicated than that.

"You will go that convention too, Grampy?" I asked while we are having breakfast on Monday morning.

"Why yes, I have friends that will attend that convention and it will be nice to catch up with them," Grampy replied easily.

"Okay," I said and not utter a word again. Or else they might think something is wrong.

In a way, something is indeed wrong. Especially when AhnZong put a voice on it.

"Looks like your families will have a chance to meet up again. Is that wise?" My friend asked curiously while we are having our tea break together.

Yes. That. Me seeing Qing this Wednesday at the convention might also means that our families' paths may cross again.

And a disaster might strike again.

Because let's all admit it, we have an unpleasant track record. When members of our families meet, things doesn't boil down easily. They clashed.

Especially if it's our grandfathers.

What should we do?

"But my grandfather won't be in that convention," Qing said when I called him via video chat tonight.

It's really nice that even though I cannot see him personally, I can still talk to him through voice and video call. Our families just won't do the cliche of taking our phones because really, that is just ridiculous.

Qing and I are both grown men. It's just that, we are conflicted when it comes to our families.

It's really hard if you cannot chose between your lover and your family. It's doubly hard if your lover cannot seem to do the same as well.

I mean, I know Qing loves his family. And to be honest, I don't want him to choose. Why does it always have to be so dramatic anyways? Choose between my lover or my family...come on!

Why can't I love Qing and still have my family? Is that too much to ask? Is that too much greediness on my part? Why?

Ugh! I hate this kind of conflicted rhetorical thinking.

Anyways....

"Are you sure your grandfather won't attend this convention?" I asked Qing to make sure.

Qing nodded, "Mama said it will only be her, me, Baba and Gege." He said. "Gege is coming because I blackmailed Mama. But I think Gege will be a good distraction to Mama and to that guy she is pushing on me. I think Chen LuBao likes my brother."

"Chen LuBao?" I frowned. "The name sounds familiar. I just cannot place him,"

"I don't know. I also don't know him. The first time I saw him was yesterday morning when they visited my mother. Or when my mother invited them. I don't know." Qing looks and sounds unsure.

"Anyways, he likes your brother? This Chen LuBao met Dr.Wang too?" I inquired.

"Yes. I was with my brother when we met the Chens. Chen LuBao made it clear that he "prefers" Dr.Wang," Qing frowned a bit while imparting that information.

I smiled. "Understandable," I said.

Qing's frown grew more evident, "What do you mean it's understandable? It's understandable that LuBao will prefer my brother over me?"

I nodded, "It's understandable for any person to be dazzled by your brother. Admit it or not, Qing, your brother stands out. Even if you are together. You are handsome but your brother is an attention grabber. With his blonde hair and blue eyes, he is exotic. Plus, that "Dr." title on him, it's impressive."

"I am a director in a large brewery company. A director, Dayu ah!" Qing grew indignant. "I am impressive."

"Did I said you are not impressive?" I sighed. Why did I even open up this conversation? I didn't know Qing could be vain. "What I meant to say is on first glance and exchange of names, your brother is hard to overlook. His looks and title are quite a magnet for attention. But that doesn't mean you are less impressive. Besides, does your mother said that you are a director from a brewery company to the Chens?"

"Maybe. I am not sure," Qing sighed. "But yeah, I get your point. Sure my brother is an impressive guy. But Dayu ah, you preferred me over my brother, right?"

"Of course," I smiled. That is an easy question to answer.

But Qing is not that satisfied. "If you met my brother first...?"

"Then I will have a definite crush on him." I answered fast.

"Dayu ah!" Qing sulked on the other line. I laughed at his cuteness, "What? I don't want to lie. Even a straight guy could have a crush at your brother. He is so...shiny. I don't know. It's those blonde hairs."

Qing growled. I smiled at him. "Settle down you territorial jerk, it's not as if you have anything to be worried about. First, he is your brother and he is straight so nothing will happen in that corner. Next, I love you and we made a pact of being faithful to each other. Third, I have you, and this situation we have. I think dealing with our disapproving families is all I can take. I have no more energy for cheating or juggling men, especially brothers, so stop having these stupid jealous streaks..."

"Okay," Qing nodded is agreement easily that I frowned at him. "That's quick," I said suspiciously. "What the hell?"

Qing shrugged, "Well, you got a point. We have enough problems as it is, of course we have no more time to do any more problems. Or the desire to add up more stress. So yeah, I get your point."

How worderful that he got my point.

"So this Wednesday, maybe it will be best if we will keep our families apart. You know, at least one ballroom full of people away from each other." I said.

"Why? Don't you think this will be a wonderful opportunity for our parents to meet without our warring grandparents? I think we can convince our parents to support us, Dayu. Just as long as we talk to them without my Wowo and your Grampy on the way." Qing said.

And that is the difference between us. I see a disaster, Qing sees an opportunity. I am a pessimistic guy, Qing is optimistic.

Is that some good difference? I don't know. But one thing is for sure, whatever happens, I would very much like to remain lovers with Qing even if our families clash again.

"Then just let my father have his speech before we let them meet. Can we do that?" I asked Qing. "At least, my father will be done with his task before things go wrong...or right. Or whatever."

"Yeah. I think we can do that. Maybe we should message each other constantly so we will know how to place our family in that convention to avoid each other until your father had his speech." Qing suggested.

"Good idea. I will bring my phone with me. I hope we can have at least one moment or two of being together." I said.

"Stop worrying, my Juliet. I will think of a way to be with you." Qing teases me.

"Har har, Romeo. Really. I hate that story. I don't like a Romeo and Juliet type of story. Too much stress if you will ask me." I said.

"What kind of story do you love?"

"Something with a happy ending. It doesn't have to be a perfect ending, just basically a happy one." I said.

"I will give it to you," Qing confidently promised me. "Your basically happy ending."

I laughed. "I will hold you on that one. See you this Wednesday?"

"See you, my sweetheart." Qing sighed and just gaze at me. "I will kiss you on Wednesday. By hook or by crook. I will get a kiss."

I smiled at his optimism. "Why stop with a kiss? Do a good job at keeping peace on our families and I will let you come in my mouth again."

"Oh my god..." Qing groaned. "Yes please."

I giggled at him. Qing smiled at me. "I love you."

"Me too. So much." I kissed the screen of my tablet. "See you in my dreams."

"I will be the handsome guy crazy about you," he said.

We laughed together. I wish my family can see this, how Qing makes me smile, laugh and happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.4K 18
~°•☆•°~ 19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company...
644K 36.2K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...
15.8K 1.3K 8
Xiao Zhan only set his eyes on Wang Yibo once and he knew he wanted to be with that person. Wang Yibo on the other hand had been hurt and lied to, he...
74.1K 2.5K 10
🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨 (A/N: I think people don't know how to read tags, or just skip past them but it's a Bl (which means boyxboy) story. Just be...