PRONGSLET AND THE OLYMPIAN AL...

By kmbell92

Over the last three years, Milo Fleamont Potter has been on a never-ending adventure since getting back in co... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Sneak Peeks
Sequel is Up!

Chapter Twenty-Two

16.6K 1.4K 2.1K
By kmbell92

[22]

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Saturday morning came and Cedric woke up to Milo's arms wrapped so tightly around his torso that it was actually getting difficult to breathe. He turned slowly to see Paden sleeping away on his pillow and Milo tucked away right next to him, still asleep. Apparently, the boy had come in with his glasses on, not bothering to take them off before lying down as he wore them crookedly on his face. His eyes while closed couldn't hide the rest of the distress that was clear on the boy's expression. His lips were pressed together, his eyebrows furrowed together, and overall, he just looked uncomfortable. Cedric felt a pang of guilt strike him in the chest knowing that Milo was upset because of him.

All throughout Hufflepuff, students had been encouraging Cedric and telling him that he had the best chance of becoming the Tournament champion. They wanted him to represent the school and Cedric wanted to use the tournament in many ways to benefit himself and those around him that he cared about. But he had to admit when he approached the goblet to place his name in, there had been a sense of hesitation on his behalf. Ernie Macmillan and several other Hufflepuffs cheered him on, but Milo wasn't there to cheer him on, neither was Heidi or Max. His friends obviously didn't like the idea of him possibly entering the tournament, but in Cedric's head, he needed to.

With as much stress that had fallen onto Milo just over a span of two months since starting school, Cedric decided it was best to just let Milo sleep in. It was Saturday and with the selection of champions taking place that evening, he was going to need all the rest he could get. Not to mention, it was Halloween and that was never really the best day for the Potter boys. Carefully, Cedric removed Milo's arms that were wrapped around him and crawled out of bed, leaving the boy and his bowtruckle to continue sleeping. While he rested, Cedric took it upon himself to check on the mooncalf before getting started on his own rounds of prefect duties. Little did he know, he wouldn't be seeing Milo until it was time for the selection of champions because Milo had made plans for his Halloween.

Cedric was gone out of the dorms by the time Milo woke up and he could only frown when he saw that the bed was empty. He was hoping to talk to Cedric for a little about persuading him not to enter the Tournament. Unfortunately, he knew very well that Cedric had his mind set on becoming a champion, so it didn't matter how much he pleaded or begged for him to reconsider.  Pushing himself up, it was already a bad start to the day, but Milo knew that it could possibly get better. After all, this Halloween, Milo had made plans to spend with Harry and he planned on them actually going through.

It was just going to be the two of them, along with their godparents because Milo wanted to bring Harry, somewhere that he probably needed to see for himself. Picking himself up from the bed, Milo scooped up Paden before making his way back to his own room to get ready for the day. 

When he was dressed and ready to go, Milo turned to Paden, watching as the little bowtruckle was peering into the trunk. Cedric had left him a note that the creature had been fed, bringing a smile to Milo's face, at least his boyfriend had warmed up to the idea of illegally harbouring a creature. 

"Why don't you keep him company today, Paden? It's going to be a long one and I don't think you want to be cold, do you?"

Paden didn't need any other convincing as he slid into the trunk and disappeared, leaving Milo to chuckle before he slipped on his shoes and made his way out the dorms. He was to meet everyone at the Entrance Hall and he knew Harry was going to have a load of questions as to where they were going but he wasn't going to give it away. 

Harry was already in the Entrance Hall when Milo arrived and moments later, Elspeth came to collect them. They would be meeting Remus and Sirius in Hogsmeade, where the men were waiting for her to return.

"Do you think Cedric's going to get chosen for the tournament?" Harry asked as he and Milo walked along behind their godmother. "You missed it this morning, Fred and George tried to put their names in, but it backfired, of course. They ended up with two long beards! Dumbledore did warn them that it was going to happen. But Cedric's of age to enter right?"

"Unfortunately," Milo sighed. "I'm sure he'll be entering his name in the goblet if he hasn't already. And I honestly don't want him to be chosen."

"Well, maybe he won't be!" Harry said in an optimistic tone that caused Elspeth to smile. It was nice to see the tables turn where Harry was the one attempting to comfort Milo. "After all, other people placed their names in, like Warrington from Slytherin...and..and Angelina, she put her name in too. I bet a whole bunch of other students have placed their names in as well. So there's a good chance that he won't be picked, right?"

"You're right, but it would be just my luck, wouldn't it?"

"I guess I can't blame you for thinking like that," Harry sighed, "I've been waiting for the worst to happen too."

Milo glanced over at him as he tucked his hands into his cloak with a curious look. "What do you mean?"

"Well, it just seems like something happens every year, doesn't it?" Harry told him. "I guess it's just like I'm waiting for the drama to just keep unravelling itself. I was hoping that this year was just going to be quieter than the rest, especially with everything that happened last year, you know? I'm pretty sure everyone blames me for how bad things get, but I'd like a normal year at Hogwarts too."

It seemed Harry didn't really know what a normal term felt like, at least, Milo had his first year to look back on. "And I just have a bad feeling about this tournament," Harry confessed to his big brother, "I know everyone like Ron is excited about it, I don't blame them. But I would give anything for a year without any drama that involves me. Maybe this is it, though. I mean, I can't enter the tournament, so it'll just revolve around the other three that are chosen. There's no more drama to worry about otherwise, right?"

"Yeah, Harry," Milo wished he could have replied with a bit more confidence in his voice, " everything will turn out fine for you, okay? I'll  make sure of it."

When they arrived at Hogsmeade, Harry and Milo greeted their godfathers happily, but it raised a question in Harry's mind as he looked at his own. "Is Silas not coming with us today?" he asked.

Elspeth smiled and the adults seemed thrilled at the idea of Harry actually sounding like he wanted Silas to join them. Perhaps the jealous Potter streak was over with him as it really did seem like Harry was putting in as much effort as possible to work towards a better relationship with his family.

"No," Elspeth said, "this day is for you two. Besides Silas is off probably running around the castle while Neville is chasing him down to get the boy to settle for a bit."

"That sounds entirely too accurate," Harry laughed while Milo smiled. The adults waited for Milo to tell Harry where they were going because it had been his idea initially. 

"It's probably not how you wanted to celebrate Halloween, 'Arry," Milo began, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. "But I was going to take you to Godric's Hollow today, it's where we were both born and where our parents raised us. I thought you might want to pay them a visit, I normally try every year."

It grew completely quiet as Harry glanced up at his big brother before looking around at the adults. "I can actually go there?" he said quietly. "You want me to go?"

"Of course," Milo said, his eyebrows knitted together, concerned that it sounded like Harry wouldn't have his own family's blessing to go where he was born. "It's just as much your home as it is mine."

Harry didn't know what to say, in fact, he couldn't speak at all. Instead, he just nodded his head eagerly, ready to leave Hogsmeade. Of course, it was not what he had been expecting at all when Milo claimed he wanted them to spend the day together, but at the same time, he wanted to see where it all began. The place where it all happened and had changed their lives together. 

Godric's Hollow looked somewhat dreary that early afternoon as rain was settling in over the area. Stumbling out of a fireplace, in a small wizarding shop tucked away in the village, the adults led the way through the village knowing there were plenty of muggles afoot. Milo was curious to see Harry's reaction when they came upon the family memorial as they grew closer and closer to see the statues take form. For several moments, no one said anything as Harry looked it over. Sirius did the same thing as well, swallowing as he membered the last time he had come to Godric's Hollow it had not been under good circumstances at all. 

"That's...that's us!" Harry pointed out after a little time. "That's us with Mum and Dad."

He looked back at Milo to see the boy smile in his direction. "You really do look like Dad," Harry told him.

"You both do," Elspeth pointed out. "Those Potter genes are incredibly strong. But you two take after both of them in many ways."

Once again, it grew silent as Harry seemed to be processing a thought before turning to all of them. "Are....are they buried here?"

"Yes," Milo whispered back to him," they're in the cemetery, here. Come on."

While Milo led Harry over to the cemetery, he glanced over his shoulder to see Elspeth talking to Sirius as the man stared at the statues. Between her and Remus, they would have to get the man to realise it wasn't his fault. It didn't take long for Milo to find the gravesite, as he allowed Harry to approach first. The boy knelt down and touched his hand over the cold stone before he just plopped down in front of it.

"I asked the Dursleys once if they knew where our parents were buried," Harry told Milo, "so that I could visit them. Even after all the nasty things they lied to me about, I still wanted to visit them. But they told me that there had been nothing in the crash for them to bury. They were cremated and that was it."

Milo's fists clenched at his side before he shook his head, really wishing he could go to the Dursley home that second and smack their aunt and uncle around for being so cruel and heartless to Harry. Regardless if they didn't care for magic, Harry was still a child that needed all the love and care that one could provide considering the situation he had come out of. But they had done quite the opposite.

"I'm so sorry, Harry," Milo said, " I...I'm going to do everything I can to get you out of there. No matter what anyone says. "

It was depressing for Harry as he saw the village that he and Milo could have grown up in. Looked at all the streets where they could run around But at the same time, he was glad to have been there because he was actually able to see the truth for himself. He had seen their destroyed home, where his parents were buried, all the confirmation that the Dursleys were disgusting liars and truly, there had been a wonderful life played out before him before Voldemort interfered. 

Looking over at Milo, Sirius, Remus, and Elspeth, he could see them talking about something and he could only wonder what would have happened if Voldemort, simply didn't exist. How would their lives have played out otherwise? Remus would have the company of his friends and those that helped him through dark times. Sirius and Elspeth would have been able to raise their son happily, and he and Milo, they wouldn't have missed on so much together. 

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Back at the castle, the time was drawing near for the selection of the champions and Milo was biting his nails to the point where he would be chewing on the skin. Harry tried over and over to reassure him that it was going to be fine, whatever the outcome was going to be. When he did arrive at the Great Hall, Harry thanked him with a hug for everything he had done for him that day and of course, before then too before he made his way to the Gryffindor table. Milo made his way over to the Hufflepuff table, sitting down next to Cedric.

Almost instantly, Cedric noticed him biting his nails and grabbed both of Milo's hands and placed them on the table.

"Relax, Milo, everything is going to be fine," Cedric told him. Milo wasn't convinced in the slightest because regardless of the outcome of the evening, he wasn't going to be happy at all. 

Little did he know, he was really not going to be thrilled.

They had to get through the feast but no matter what Heidi, Max, or Cedric did, they could not get Milo to eat. He told them if he tried, he was bound to throw up, so he didn't want to risk it. He just sat there looking forward at the table where the staff and guests were sitting. Several times, he made eye contact with Moody's wandering eye, making matters worse. But when the plates began clearing away at the end, Milo found himself having difficulty breathing. He was almost debating the idea of walking out of the Great Hall, just so he didn't have to be a witness to anything.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision," Dumbledore announced bringing everyone's gaze forward, "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them to please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He pointed to a door off to the side before turning back to them with a smile. Then with a wave of his wand, all the fires extinguished, leaving them in the darkness with the exception of the glowing blue flames emitting from the goblet.

Suddenly, the flames began to turn red and instantly, Milo's hands latched onto Cedric's arm tightly, planning on holding him in place until the end of time. A flame erupted with a violent crack and shot out the first piece of parchment paper with a name to read, that Dumbledore caught swiftly in his hand. 

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum."

Applause and cheer erupted in the Great Hall as Krum made his way to the front and after being congratulated he disappeared off into the chamber to the side. The same continued for the one selected to represent Beauxbatons as the goblet shot out another name.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!"

It meant that the next champion to be called would be Hogwarts champion and Milo felt like he was going to faint. Cedric and the rest of the Hufflepuffs at the table looked ready, along with all the other students of Hogwarts. The name shot out high into the air, bringing Dumbledore to reach up for it as he snatched it to read.

"The Hogwarts champion is...."

Milo was gripping Cedric's arm so hard that it was taking everything for the other boy not to call out in pain as it was like having a cat latched onto his arm. It was always so cute when Milo acted like a kitten but not at that point in time, it was just rather painful. 

"Milo, let go, they're about to call the name," Cedric told him. "It's going to be-"

"Angelina Johnson!"

The students of Hogwarts burst into applause as the Gryffindor girl picked herself up from the table and with a bright smile, she made her way up to the front where she was congratulated by all and sent into the chamber. Milo didn't know what to think in that moment, he could see the disappointment on Cedric's face, and while he was relieved, at the same time, Angelina was one of his friends too. He didn't want to see her get hurt at all. Although when it came to Angelina, Milo didn't know a girl any tougher than her, so she was definitely going to give Viktor and Fleur a run for their money in the tournament.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called out. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real –"

The man stopped as the goblet began going mental, turning red with sparks flying out of it. The students and faculty were just about to question what was going on when another piece of paper came out.

Dumbledore seized the paper, looking confused himself until he read it out loud. 

"Harry Potter."

"No!" Milo cried out. "No!"

With the exception of Milo's cries, the Great Hall turned silent. Dumbledore continued to call him up but it took a bit more convincing until Harry was up on his feet. All the while Harry made his way to the front, Milo could only remember what Harry had told him earlier that day. He just wanted to have a normal term as much as possible, that didn't sound like Harry putting his own name into the goblet. 

Which meant someone else had done it.

There was no doubt in Milo's mind about that. Immediately, the Head of the Houses were informing students to head back to their houses, the prefects were in charge to make sure there were no stragglers. But Milo wasn't about to let things go down so easily as he pushed himself up from the Hufflepuff table and made his way to the front. Cedric went to grab him but he had been too slow before Milo ran to the chamber where the adults were gathering.

His mother was there, along with Dumbledore and everyone else, trying to question Harry.

"You can't be in here," Ludo Bagman told Milo but he only glared in his direction.

"Like hell I can't be, that's my brother!" Milo snapped at the man. "I have every right to be in here. He's not competing in this damn tournament."

"But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," Fleur seemed to agree with Milo. "'E cannot compete. 'E is too young."

"The age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as his name's come out of the Goblet ... " Ludo pointed out. "I mean, I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage ... it's down in the rules, you're obliged ... Harry will just have to do the best he –"

"HE'S NOT COMPETING!" Milo yelled at the man, placing Harry behind him protectively. Minerva had to reach over to get her son to calm down. It seemed they all had their questions.

More and more people began to enter the room and argue, leaving Harry practically shaking behind Milo as everyone just seemed to be against him in that moment. Did they honestly believe that he had been capable of such things. Well, Snape certainly made it clear that he believed it was all Harry's fault.

"It's no one's fault but Potter's, Karkaroff," Snape said, casting a look of malice in the direction of the Potter boys. "Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potter's determination to break rules. He has been crossing lines ever since he arrived here – I wouldn't be surprised if his brother helped-"

Dumbledore cut the man off with a curt thank you before turning back to Harry, moving him away from Milo's side.

"Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry?"

"No," Harry answered honestly.

"Did you ask an older student to put it into the Goblet of Fire for you?"

"No."

"Ah, but of course 'e is lying!" Madam Maxime cried out in discontent. 

"He could not have crossed the Age Line," Minerva said sternly. "I am sure we are all agreed on that –"

"Dumbly-dorr must 'ave made a mistake wiz ze line."

Rather than arguing with the group, Dumbledore merely gave a polite shrug. "It is possible, of course."

"Dumbledore, you know perfectly well you did not make a mistake!" Minerva was showing her own frustrations with everything. "Really, what nonsense! Harry could not have crossed the line himself, and as Professor Dumbledore believes that he did not persuade an older student to do it for him, I'm sure that should be good enough for everybody else!"

"There has to be something to null and void Harry's entry," Milo spoke up. "After all, he's under age. He didn't put his own name in. He shouldn't be bound to any sort of magical contract and if he is, there should be a way out."

"We must follow the rules, and the rules state clearly that those people whose names come out of the Goblet of Fire are bound to compete in the Tournament," Barty said leaving Milo to shake his head.

"Well, Barty knows the rulebook back to front," Ludo just seemed thrilled about it all.

"There is technically an exception," a new voice entered in on the conversation, bringing all of them to turn around. Professor Moody walked in, looking around the room at the many unsatisfied expressions. "There can be a way to get a person outside of magical contract that deals with compulsion."

"What does that mean?" Harry asked.

"The binding contract keeps you locked into the tournament by a compulsion magic, meaning you won't have any control, not to compete. It's like being under the Imperius Curse," Milo said hotly. "You don't have any choice until it's over. If you try to fight against it, bad things can happen."

"So what has to be done?" Harry questioned further, but Milo didn't have the answer as all eyes turned to Moody.

"A blood trade," Moody answered simply. "One can take the spot of another, as long as they are of the same blood. A life for a life, the contract will bind itself to those who share the same blood. Do you remember the wizarding drafts during times of war? The father's name bound them to the draft, but they could be free of it if their sons agreed to take over."

"That is an ancient practice, Moody!" Barty told him. 

"And the tournament began in ancient times, what of it?" The man growled in his direction. It grew so quiet because everyone knew what Moody was aiming at. There was only one other person in the room who shared blood with Harry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 4.7K 23
Percy, Thalia, and Nico go to hogwarts to protect Harry in his 4th year. Percy also competes in the Triwizard Tournament as a student from Hecate's S...
256K 6.5K 37
Harry Potter always knew he was different. Even by wizarding terms. He could never explain it so he stopped trying. He brushed it of but knew deep do...
1.4M 139K 83
Since getting into contact with his brother over the last couple of years, Milo Fleamont Potter has entered a whole other world of adventure, laced w...
142K 3.7K 22
This story is about how the seven plus Nico and Thalia learn they are more than the average demigods. They go to a new school for wizards and witches...