Living In My Head (Drarry)

By deathbyinsomnia

An AU story where all things began under different circumstances. There is no magic, no ministry, only The Ac... More

Chapter 0: Disclaimer/Author's Note
Chapter 1: Leaving the Dursleys
Chapter 2: 9 and 3-Quarters
Chapter 3: Piercing, Silver Eyes
Chapter 4: I'm A Klutz
Chapter 5: Late to Class
Chapter 6: Sold My Soul
Chapter 7: The (Almost) Fight
Chapter 8: Friend or Foe
Chapter 10: Hard to Explain
Chapter 11: Here's the Truth (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 12: Here's the Truth (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 13: Bedridden and Alone
Chapter 14: Only In Dreams
Chapter 15: Released From Prison
Chapter 16: An Ulterior Motive
Chapter 17: Hit and Miss
Chapter 18: Losing My Mind
Chapter 19: Skipping Astronomy Class
Chapter 20: A Generous Invitation
Chapter 21: A Big Decision
Chapter 22: Taking It Easy
Chapter 23: For the Asking
Chapter 24: The Falling Snow
Chapter 25: Making Proper Arrangements
Chapter 26: You're Hiding Something
Chapter 27: The "Shopping Spree"
Chapter 28: The First Goodnights
Chapter 29: O' Departed Joys
Chapter 30: Bring Your Worst
Chapter 31: Playing the Game
Chapter 32: Actions I Regret
Chapter 33: Recounting Old Memories
Chapter 34: I Can Imagine
Chapter 35: Skipping the Pleasantries
Chapter 36: For My Own
Chapter 37: A Modest Proposal
Chapter 38: The Morning After
Chapter 39: The First Date (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 40: The First Date (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 41: Draco's Weakened Defenses
Chapter 42: When Choosing Truths
Chapter 43: I Miss Him
Chapter 44: More than Comfort
Chapter 45: Mister Dorian Gray
Chapter 46: End of Chimes
Chapter 47: Waiting for Answers
Chapter 48: I'm Moving On
Chapter 49: Not Officially, No
Chapter 50: Something So Small
Chapter 51: The Night Bus
Chapter 52: The Freezing Chill
Chapter 53: Feeling So Helpless
Chapter 54: Forgiven, Not Forgotten
Chapter 55: The Photo Album
Chapter 56: Long Story, Short
Chapter 57: Weight of Gravity
Chapter 58: Dynamics in Misunderstanding
Chapter 59: Spoken Through Touch
Chapter 60: Sense of Intimacy
Valentine's Interlude
Chapter 61: Illusion of Perfection
Chapter 62: The Final Countdown
Chapter 63: A Phantom Limb
Chapter 64: Release Memory's Hold
Draco POV 1 (chap 62-64)
Author's Note
Chapter 65: Points of Interest
Chapter 66: Breathe, Little Deer
Chapter 67: Dealing with "Things"
Chapter 68: Dreams One Has
Chapter 69: All Doubts Aside
Draco POV 2 (chap 66-69)
Chapter 70: As Time Passes
Chapter 71: Out of Practice
Chapter 72: Griffindor Pride
Chapter 73: The Double Date
Chapter 74: Before the Storm
Chapter 75: The Yule Ball
Epilogue
The Complete Track List

Chapter 9: Dinner is Served

4.7K 199 149
By deathbyinsomnia

Chapter song: Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ignore the strangeness and watch Hermione take out her headphones and listen to music. Taking the cue to leave her alone, Neville turns to me.

"Hey, Harry, we should hang out like you suggested, just not tonight."

A knowing smile turns up the corners of my mouth, "Oh, alright. Tomorrow, then?"

He nodded, smiling a bit, his eyes flicking across my face. I gave 'mione a one-armed hug before going ahead and going back to the common room.

Once inside, I looked through the various bookshelves and noticed a copy of Of Mice and Men and smiled, taking the book to the window seat beside the bookshelf. I leaned by back against a red velvet pillow against the wall and opened the book. A while later, I vaguely registered other people enter the common room. They, however, didn't notice me- I'd pulled the curtain closed, leaving me hidden from everyone else. I ignored the jeering and laughter about nothing in particular, focusing on the tragic story of just getting by.

Half way through the book, I heard everyone come out of the rooms to go to dinner. Once the noise died down and it'd gotten dark, I heard a single pair of footsteps walk, then stop, then come towards me. The curtain was lifted lightly, a small smile gracing the boy's face.

"Hello, Harry, nice to finally meet you."

I close the book and look to my right. A tall boy with short hair and dark eyes smiles at me calmly.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask, a bit embarrassed.

He chuckles, "Oh, sorry, I'm Oliver. Oliver Wood. I'm captain of the soccer team for the G/H house. I saw you at the game, and I saw you that one day at try-outs."

I felt my face turn red instantly, "Oh, lord. You saw that?"

He laughs, shaking his head, "It wasn't that bad. Although, I have seen a cat on TV play soccer in the same manner."

I laugh, "Wow, thanks. I love being compared to cats."

We laugh a bit and he shrugs, "You get back to reading. I'll bring us back some food and we'll eat together. You can tell me about that book."

I nod, "Thanks, Oliver."

He smiles, nodding once before closing the curtain and leaving again. By the time he comes back, I'm almost done with the book, a few pages away from the end. He opens the curtain and smiles, holding out two doggy-bags that smell strongly of meat and salt.

"Dinner is served, my friend."

I get down from the perch, noting my place and sitting on the couch beside him. He opens the bag to reveal two Philly Cheese Steaks, fries, and two water bottles. I almost want to hug the guy, I haven't had this kind of fine dining in years.

"Whoa, thanks!" I say gratefully, starting to eat.

I finish a bit after him and he finishes off his water slowly, waiting for me to finish.

When I do, he inquires about the book, "Do you like it?"

I nod, "Yeah, I've been wanting to read it."

He nods, looking at the book, "It's a pretty deep book, even though it may not seem like it."

I nod my head slowly when people start filing in, he stands with a smile.

"I'm going to bed, I'll see you around, Harry."

I go up to bed after finishing the last few pages, worrying to myself about tomorrow.

...

~Saturday- Day 5~

I scowl at the analog clock at my bedside, it's early, much too early to get up. After an hour of staring at the ceiling, I get out of bed anyway and feed Cas before heading to the men's showers. Taking off my shirt, I get a clear look at a digital clock, no longer blurred by tired eyes. 3 am, I sigh inwardly, grumbling angrily and continue stripping off my clothes.

The shower is hot, almost scalding, as I wash my hair and face. The hot water steals my breath, and I lean my palms against the wall, forehead pressed against the cool tile. I check the clock again before finishing washing up and rinsing off. I hitches a towel around my waist and remember what Draco told me. We would be alone, yeah, he didn't seem too bad with his friends around. Either way, I don't wanna hang out with a jerk like him anyway.

Wow, just keep telling yourself that, okay, sport?

Again, with the creepy voice? I say to myself and I can practically feel the voice sigh, how weird is that?

My subconscious is one sarcastic little-

Don't even think of finishing that sentence, twerp. By the way, get over it, it's the only voice I have.

I exhale in exasperation and finish putting on clean clothes before heading towards the courtyard. I check my clock, 3:30, I still have a long time to spare.

God, I hope he doesn't think I'm desperate for friends.

You mean besides the fact you actually are?

Fuck you.

Maybe in your most twisted dreams, kid. Plus, seeing as how I'm in your head, that may be more than a little confusing.

Unlike you, I have standards.

Yup, you like your pricks nice and filthy-fucking-rich.

Whatever, jackass, I'm ignoring you now.

Whatever you-

I look up from the ground and there he is, leaning against the trunk of the tree, watching the moon. As soon as I walk beside him I realize he's asleep, listening to his iPod. I smile a bit, trying not to laugh, and sit beside him, searching for constellations. I check my clock, 4:30, and I look over at him and watch him breathe. After about two minutes I realize how creepy I am being and look back at the sky.

I hear him stir and I look over as he rubs his eyes sleepily then flare open when he sees me.

"Whoa! How long have you-!"

I slap my palm over his mouth and take out one of his earbuds, "God, are you trying to wake the entire school?!"

He blinks, "Oh, I talk loud when I have my earbuds in."

I sigh, "I noticed."

He looks at the moon, "Wanna head out now?"

I shrug, "As long as you can go while it's still dark."

"It'll take a while to get there, so why not? What time is it now?"

I look at my watch, "About 4:50."

He laughs, leading me towards the student parking lot.

"Uh, where are we going? We're headed towards the parking lot."

He nods, "Yup."

"Why are we going there?"

He looks over at me, walking beside him, "Yeah, I have to get my bike if we plan on going anywhere."

He looks around calmly.

"Your... bike." I say flatly, "We're going, wherever the hell we're going, on a bicycle?"

He laughs, pulling a key from his pocket, "No, stupid, my motorbike."

We walk up to a Vyrus motorbike and I almost swoon, even in the dark it's a beautiful motorcycle. Black with bright green spider webs and a bio-hazard symbol in the middle on both sides of the tank.

"I love your bike." I say softly and he laughs, handing me one of two matching helmets.

One with black on green, and he gets green on black.

He swings his leg over and mounts the bike and I awkwardly follow suit.

"I have to warn you, I've never been on a motorcycle before."

He gets an impish grin on his face, "Ooh, I'll be your first then. Fair warning, don't let go."

I put on the black helmet and I hear his voice in my ear, "These have microphones in them so just talk, no yelling, they're good at noise cancellation."

I nod, then realize he can't see me facing forward, "Okay."

He leans forward and I half-heartedly hold onto his sides, "Hang on!"

He says it with an audible grin and plows forward, almost throwing me off. I quickly wrap my arms completely around his stomach and hold on for dear life.

"Having fun yet?" he chuckles.

"I'll let you know." I promise, laying my cheek on his back, watching the scenery beside us.

"You'll like where we're going."

"Will I?" I ask, listening to his voice since it's the only thing I can hear other than his breathing.

"I hope." I hear in the faintest of whispers.

I ignore it, and he makes pleasant small talk and I respond occasionally, too fascinated with the woods we're passing through.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617K 17.3K 38
The war is over. Everyone has to retake the previous year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is made Head Girl and Draco Malfoy is made Head Boy. Tensions...
4.4M 151K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❝ 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ ❝ 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. ❞ - updates almos...
194K 6.8K 27
"hermione, have you seen harry?" "no" "fuck" _______________________________________________________________________ "why are you doing this...
68.2K 5.9K 37
[COMPLETED] Short stories that narrate the adventures of Draco Malfoy in alternate timelines, where the main character of every story it's you ❤️ Som...