His Proposal

By Dredge116

Chloe Knight is a caregiver to her seriously ill sister who was recently diagnosed with leukaemia, not too lo... More

His Proposal - Summary and Copyright
Characters + Character Trailers (trailers by me)
His Proposal - Prologue
His Proposal - 1
His Proposal - 2
His Proposal - 3.
His Proposal - 4
His Proposal - 5
His Proposal - 6
His Proposal - 7.
His Proposal - 8.
His Proposal - 9
His Proposal - 10
His Proposal - 11
His Proposal - 12
His Proposal - 12.5
His Proposal - 14
His Proposal - 15
His Proposal - 16
His Proposal - 17
His Proposal - 18
His Proposal - 19
His Proposal - 20
His Proposal - 21
His Proposal - 22
His Proposal - 23
His Proposal - 24
His Proposal - 25
His Proposal - 26
His Proposal - 27
His Proposal - 28
His Proposal - 29
His Proposal - 30
His Proposal - 31
His Proposal - 32
His Proposal - 33
His Proposal - 34
His Proposal - 35
His Proposal - 36
His Proposal - 37
His Proposal - 38
His Proposal - 39
His Proposal - 40
His Proposal - 41
His Proposal - 42
His Proposal - 43
His Proposal - 44
His Proposal - 45
His Proposal - 46
His Proposal - 47
His Proposal - 48
His Proposal - 49
His Proposal - 50
His Proposal - 51
His Proposal - 52
His Proposal - 53
His Proposal - 54
His Proposal - 55
His Proposal - 56
His Proposal - 58
His Proposal - 59
His Proposal - 60
His Proposal - 61
His Proposal - 62
His Proposal - 63
His Proposal - 64
His Proposal - 65
His Proposal - 66
His Proposal - 67
His Proposal - 68
His Proposal - 69
His Proposal - 70
His Proposal - 71
His Proposal - 72
His Proposal - 73
His Proposal - 74
His Proposal - 75
His Proposal - 76
His Proposal - 77
His Proposal - 78
His Proposal - 79
His Proposal - 80
His Proposal - 81
His Proposal - 82
His Proposal - 83
His Proposal - 84
His Proposal - 85
His Proposal - 86
His Proposal - 87
His Proposal - 88
His Proposal - 89
His Proposal - 90
His Proposal - 91
His Proposal - 92
His Proposal - 93
His Proposal - 94
His Proposal - 95
His Proposal - 96
His Proposal - 97
His Proposal - 98
His Proposal - 99
His Proposal - 100
His Proposal - 101
His Proposal - 102
His Proposal - 103
His Proposal - 104
His Proposal - 105
His Proposal - 106
His Proposal - 107
His Proposal - 108
His Proposal - 109
His Proposal - 110
His Proposal - 111
His Proposal - 112
His Proposal - 113
His Proposal - 114
His Proposal - 115
His Proposal - 116
His Proposal - 117
His Proposal - 118
His Proposal - Epilogue
Bonus chapter 1: Drex's Letter
Bonus chapter 2: Keeping a schedule
Bonus chapter 3: Naming Day
Bonus chapter 4 Naming Day Part 2

His Proposal - 57

64.8K 2.4K 16
By Dredge116

Carter POV

Waking up at six and all I want to do was see my cousin again. While I was hiding I watched her from afar and I hated knowing that she was living our dream on her own. New York was something that we wanted to do together, but that all changed when my family were ran off the road when we were heading home from visiting Chloe.

I get changed and take my keys off the bedside table. I put them in my pocket and head out the door. I walk toward my car and put the key in the ignition. I start the car and head in the direction of my cousin's place.

When I get to the Marshall's house I pull the car to the side of the road. I lock my car and climb over the Iron Gate that surrounds the house. I walk up to the house. I see Ethan's car pull into the driveway as I walk up to the front door.

He climbs out of his car and he looks at me. "Hey, Carter. What are you doing here?"

Looking at him, I say. "I'm here to see my cousin. I showed myself to her last night and I wanted to see her." I knock on the door.

Chloe opens the door and looks at us. "Do you two know each other?"

Ethan looks at her. "Can we talk about this outside?" He looks into the house. "I don't want Jai to know that I work for Carter and not him."

Chloe walks out of the house and shuts the door. She walks over to the stairs and sits. "I'm waiting for your answer, Ethan."

He takes a seat next to her. "I have known Carter for three years. He gave me my first job and that involved me following you around New York. I owned the apartment building you were living in. I moved here a couple of months before you did. I had a job lined up with Jai. Jai hired his security team through McCafferty Industries."

Chloe turns towards me. "That's your company?"

"It is. Your parents invested in the company without knowing it. I went through the investors and I found there name on the list. I noticed last week that the investors name changed over to yours."

"I didn't know my parents had money to do that. It feels like I didn't know them at all."

Sitting next to her I hold her hand. "You're parents have invested a lot of money. They didn't want people to know how wealthy they were. They also hated the idea of you becoming a my

Chloe hits my arm. "That's not nice. She was always nice to me."

Yeah, because of your family.

"You're family. She had to be nice to you, but to everyone else, she acted like a rich bitch that thought everyone should bow down to her."

The front door opens and Jai walks out. He looks between the three of us. "What are you all doing out here?"

Ethan rises and walks over to Jai. "I need to tell you something, Jai."

"No, you don't," Jai says. He looks at me. "I know you work for Carter. After all, I did hire you from McCafferty Industries. I just didn't know how well you knew Carter."

Ethan looks at Chloe. "As soon as I saw you walk through the door of Lusive I called your cousin. It was then that he asked me to follow you again. The day I saw you at the hospital with your sister was the day that I followed you there."

Chloe looks at Ethan and I. "I'm going inside. I would invite you in, but I think that would be a bad idea." She grabs Jai's hand and pulls him into the house.

"Chloe," I say.

Chloe shuts the door.

Ethan and I look at each other before we make our way down the stairs. At the corner of my eye, I see someone sneak around back.

Touching Ethan's arm, I say. "I'm going to go round back. I need you to take care of them." I nod towards the tree.

Ethan looks at the tree. "I've got them. Take care of your family. They're the only ones you have left."

"I will." I sneak around back and I see four guys at the side of the house. I look around my surroundings, but I missed one guy and I get tackled to the ground. I fight the guy until he smashes my head against the concrete. I see black dots in my vision.

Before I pass out I see things get thrown through the window and screaming coming from the house.

My eyes close.

When I come through I hear. "I surrender. Please, leave my family alone."

"That's a noble thing you're doing, princess, but the boss wants the entire Knight Family." A guy continues. "He's going to be surprised when we tell him that we got the famous Carter McCafferty. He wasn't expected the ambush. Family is that guy's weakness."

Chloe steps over me.

I look up at her. "I'm sorry,"

Chloe is picked up and thrown over a guy's shoulder. She is put into a trunk.

A couple of minutes later, I am lifted up and thrown over someone's shoulder. The trunk is opened again and I'm thrown inside with my cousin.

"Chloe?"

The trunk is slammed shut again.

"Carter, can you get out of the cuffs?"

I sigh. "Yes, but I'm going to have to break my wrist to make that happen. You're going to hear a crack soon and then I'm going to get us out of here."

"Wait, Carter," She whispers. "I want some answers before you break your wrist."

"Okay," I reply.

"Who are these guys?"

"They are Martin's Mafia Family. They have been after our family for over a hundred years."

"Why?"

"It beats me, but whatever it's about they still seem bitter about it." The car starts to move. "Fuck," I yell. "You've made the escape a lot harder with your questions."

"When did you become such a..."

I cut her off. "The moment I saw my family killed. That kind of thing changes a person. I didn't have anyone that I had to look after unlike you. If they killed your entire family you would have changed too. You would want revenge on the people that took your loved ones from you."

"They took my parents too, Carter. You know that because you were there in those final moments. I don't want to escape. I want revenge on those who took my family. You can leave me, Carter, but I'm going to finish it tonight." I break my wrist and take the cuffs off. "Are you in?"

"Fine, if anything goes wrong it's all on you."

There's a bump on the road and I hear Chloe cry out in pain. "Chloe?"

"Something is sticking into my back and it hurts."

Turning on the torch it shines through the trunk, I say. "I had the torch hidden in my pants. These morons didn't search for me. I also have a gun in my boot and I will use it at a moment's notice. So, whatever you have planned I need to know now." I lean over her and say. "You have a metal box with a sharp corner behind you. That's what's digging into your back. I will remove the box and after that, I want to see your back." I push the box away from her. I lift her shirt and see a scratch on her back and it's slightly bleeding. "You have a scratch on your back. I don't have anything to fix it up with."

The car suddenly comes to a stop.

Putting the cuffs on before the trunk is opened a guy pulls me out. "The boss wants to see you." The guy pulls me toward the first door and we enter it. He walks over to the cage and opens it for me. He pushes me inside. "You will wait here until he has time to see you." He closes the door and I hear the lock click.

He turns his back to me and starts to walk to a table in the centre of the room.

I take the cuffs off and stick my hand into my boot and I pull out the pocket knife I have inside it. I walk over to the cage and I stick the knife into the lock. I jimmy the lock until it opens.

The guy turns towards me as he hears a sound.

Stepping away from the door I wait for the guy to go back to whatever he was doing before I made the noise. I kneel down and pull my gun out of my boot. I sneak out of the cage and make my way over to the guard. I push the gun into the back of his head. "I want you to take me to my cousin. If you don't I will kill you."

The guy rises and he opens the door. "Please don't kill me. I have a wife and kids."

"You should have thought about that before you kidnapped Chloe and I. You should have chosen your boss wisely instead of choosing someone like him. You didn't just piss off an Assassin by kidnapping us, but someone that works closely with a Mafia Family."

The guys face pales.

I hear a faint pop and the guy goes down. I turn around and see Jai standing there with his gun. I slap his back. "It's good to see you, man."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 12 6
***** Following the sudden and untraceable disappearance of her little sister, Chloe starts her own search when the police fail at their jobs and tur...
27.3K 1.2K 31
I am Brooklyn Hanna Adams my friends call me Brooke. I had turned 18 when my life turned upside down. In a blink of eye my life changed from a daddie...
496 26 40
"My father's house was a nightmare; your house is a dream. But I want something in between." Kayla said "Tell me what you want, and I can make it rig...
12K 246 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...