Quiet & Riot (Scomiche)

By QueenTellTales

They say opposites attract, so what happens when innocent, introverted and homeschooled Mitch Grassi, who dre... More

Chapter 0* Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
New book idea! (Please read.)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (pt.1)
Chapter 40 (pt.2)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82 (Christmas Special part I)
Chapter 83 (Christmas Special part II)
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88

Chapter 20

1.9K 107 61
By QueenTellTales

Wow! 20 chapters! I feel so accomplished for making it here! We still have a long ways to go in this and I need y'all opinion. I want this to be a mixed POV story. The plan is that the first 20 chapters were in Mitch's POV and then the next 20 will be in Scott's, etc. How does that sound? If this ends up being 100 chapters you'll be in Mitch's head 3 times and Scott's 2 times. It'll be like 5 books in one, and I don't know if I'll make more books or more than 100 chapters but yeah, just wanted to know what y'all think so please comment below! I'm probably still going to do it even if anyone hates the idea because I like it. So the next chapter will be in Scott's POV! Questions will be answered and hearts will be broken! (Jk about that part but yeah). Anyway, let's continue sh'all we?

Oh, but first! Over 500 reads?! That's insane. I never imagined this happening so THANK YOU! Y'all motivate me to keep writing with your sweet comments. ❤️

Okay! Let's continue for real now!

--

After about less than an hour of driving back to Arlington from the gardens, Scott ended up taking me to a cold stone ice cream shop and I started freaking out, I had already payed for Starbucks AND lunch and didn't need my parents getting mad at me for spending all of their money. It's not like I had a job yet or anything.

"S-Scott? Sorry, but I um.... I-I-"

"-What's wrong?" He said, turning off the car after he parked into the lot. He turned to face me, giving me his full attention.

That's so sweet how he's worried about me...

"Mitchy? Talk to me."

"Oh, nothing's wrong. I just-I don't have any money left to spend for today..." I trailed off towards the end, speaking softer. I looked down at my lap, waiting for Scott to reply. When he didn't, I glanced back up at him and was met with a warm smile.

"Well you could've just said that, hun. You had me worried. The ice cream is on me, yeah? You can get as many scoops and different flavors as you want."

Oh my god, called me hun! But, focus Mitch.

"Yeah, okay. Thank you. I was just worried if I spent any more that my parents would-"

"-Mitchy, you don't have to explain anything to me. It really is no problem and I already know you have strict parents, I was listening when you told me. It's honestly my fault, I should have planned a less expensive date."

"No, it's not your-"

Wait... Did he just call this a DATE?

I gasped and the butterflies danced around in my stomach.

"What?" Scott asked, concern etched on his face. "Did you leave your phone at the garden? Because-"

"-Shh! No!" I exclaimed, cutting off Scott's (adorable) rambling.

"Th-this was a date?" I all but whispered.

His face softened and he chuckled breathily. "Only if you want it to be..."

My heart was quite literally slamming out of my chest.

We stared into each other's eyes and Scott unbuckled himself, shuffling in his seat to face me completely. He slowly leaned his body over the console, etching closer to my passengers side just as... his elbow hit a control and turned on the window wipers. I giggled but Scott's face remained neutral as he got dangerously close. I regretted what I did next.

"It's getting hot in here." I said.

He leaned away immediately. "Y-yeah.... Yeah, it is. You ready to go inside and cool off?"

He got so close to me. Was he trying to go in for a kiss or am I just crazy?

I nodded and he of course helped me out of the car and onto my crutches as he had all afternoon.

We made our way across from the parking lot to the shop and Scott held the door open for me as I carefully made my way in, following close beside me as we walked over to the counter.

"Hi!" A (cute) male employee behind the counter said, smiling at us. "Welcome to Cold Stone Creamery."

Scott and I smiled and said hello.

I scanned the huge menu on the ceiling and saw way too many options.

"They have a gluten free menu here, Mitchy. Esther usually stays away from gluten too, so I learned that from her."

"Thanks" I said, smiling. "The cheesecake ice cream looks good."

"You want that one?"

"Maybe. I'm indecisive."

Scott chuckled. "I like the butterfinger one."

"Made a decision, yet?" The worker asked only a moment later.

"Yeah, I think so." Scott replied. "I would like a small butterfinger ice cream. Two scoops, please."

The worker nodded and turned to me, a smirk playing onto his lips. "And what about you, darlin'?"

I tensed up a bit. This guy had luscious chestnut hair and gorgeous green/hazel eyes, he was very pleasant to look at yet something about the way he looked at me made me feel uncomfortable.

"Um... I think I'll take a small cheesecake ice cream, also two scoops please." I replied softly.

"What was that, honey? I couldn't hear you." The boy behind the counter asked, still smirking at me.

"He said cheesecake ice cream, two scoops." Scott replied flatly.

The worker rolled his eyes then. "I wasn't asking you... Is that all you'd like though darlin'? You're a tiny little thing. I could throw in an extra scoop of any other flavor you want."

I actually considered that. "Mmmm, I'm okay. Thank you though!" I smiled.

"No problem, darlin'."

The boy then went to work on our orders and I looked up to Scott, smiling. "Hi."

Only then did I notice how annoyed he looked, but his face softened. "Hi, Mitchy. Are you okay? He didn't make you uncomfortable, did he?"

My face twisted Into confusion. "What do you mean? H-how so?"

Scott sighed. "Never mind, I don't know why I asked that." He scratched the back of his neck.

His nervous tick.

Soon we got our treats after Scott payed and went to sit down in a corner of the shop. I began to devour my ice cream, it really was delicious and I was happy Scott had offered to pay so I wouldn't have to just drink water. He was a gentleman this whole date- I mean, day. I mean, date? That's what he called it.

"Mitchy?" Scott asked, setting his empty cup down.

He'd finished already?! "You fin- Um, yeah?"

"Huh?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. Just, you finished that really fast..." I trailed.

He just laughed. "No, you just eat very slowly. You literally take the smallest portion at a time and nibble on it. I noticed at lunch today, too."

I faked a disgusted face. "Oh my god, you've been watching me eat? Such a creep."

"Oh, that did sound really creepy. Oops. No, but I actually think the way you eat is super cute, though."

"Thanks?" I chuckle awkwardly.

"No, I mean't- God, there's no way of saving that. I'll just face it, I'm a total creep who likes watching your every move. You're cute."

I felt my face heat up. "Scotty, stop..."

He just laughed.

Once he calmed down he spoke again. "Anyways I was gonna ask about like, today... Was it a date? I mean, is that what you want it to be?"

I got shy and didn't know how to respond.

He continued. "Because that's what I want today to be and-and I really enjoyed spending time with you. Even when we were just talking to each other that day in the smoothie shop, or when I saw you in the hospital... I always wanted to just take you out somewhere so we could hang out for real, and today has exceeded all of my expectations, so... If you don't mind my asking, will you go on a second date with me sometime?"

There was no way now that I could hide my blush, however I did try hiding my sweating palms by wiping them on my black jeans. I fumbled around with one of the holes in my jeans when I felt the corners of my mouth creep out into a grin. The butterflies, my beating heart... How could he make me feel this way? Maybe because he had been so incredibly nice and sweet, maybe because I could finally admit I have a crush on him.

"I'd really like that." I replied, almost inaudibly.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, making a little fist pump while biting his bottom lip. "I really like you, Mitchy."

"I-I like you, too." I whispered, not sure whether or not he heard me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.8K 12
Scott loves music. Mitch loves coffee.
172K 5.2K 65
It's all in the title. A lil book where I can express my many ideas about situations for my fave boys. A lil gay.
127K 4.6K 31
It's been a while since Mitch Grassi has been dateless on Valentine's day. He gets pretty desperate and in his drunken state tries to hook up with hi...
11.3K 540 23
When Scott meets Alex will his life be changed? Will he finally be happy? Or will he fall back into the dark hole of depression that he had been spir...