My Heart is Broke-Kurt Cobain

By Myownthing666

Kaitlyn Watkins is Krist Novoselic's little sister. After living with her dad for a couple of years, she deci... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102

Chapter 28

152 2 0
By Myownthing666

"We're back!" Krist exclaims as soon as we walk through his front door. Shelli runs from the couch and up into his arms. His bags fall on the ground and he wraps his arms around her. 

"I missed you!" She jumps off of him and gives me a hug. 

I smile and hug her back. It's nice to be back with Shelli. She's always happy and I need that type of energy around me, considering what had happened. 

"Let's make it through the door," Dave says. We all shift inside and he slams the door behind him. 

I grab my bags and I bring them into my bedroom. I lay down on the bed and sigh, grateful that we're home. 

"I'm probably going to head out now," Kurt says. 

I perch up. "It's late, though."

"I'll be fine. I have things I need to do anyway."

I'm upset that he's leaving. I was hoping that we could try to have at least a little time alone together. "Do you want me to walk you out?"

"No, no, that's alright," He leans forward and kisses me. "Goodbye, Kaitlyn."

"Bye, Kurt," I smile and wave to him as he walks away. 

I lay down on my bed and immediately regret letting Kurt leave. I wanted him to stay at least for a little while longer. 

There's a knock on the door and I turn my head to see who it is. 

It's Dave. 

"Can I come in?" He asks. 

I nod my head and sit up so that he can sit across from me. "What's up?"

"Listen, I need to know that you're okay," He says.  "I know you've said multiple times that you're okay, but I really have a hard time believing it."

I smile widely. "Look. I'm okay." I stop smiling. "I am okay. Really. You have nothing to worry about, Dave."

"God, that pissed me the fuck off," He shakes his head. "I mean, I've never experienced something like that before. It...scared me."

"I'm sorry, Dave." I feel somewhat responsible. 

"Kaitlyn, it's not your fault, don't apologize. I've just never really had to witness anything like that."

I feel terrible for him. Nobody should have to witness anything like that. We're not even that old and we've already witness a sexual assault. 

"I've never seen Kurt that angry before," He slightly chuckles. "I mean, I've always known that he's against sexual assault and pro-women, but I never knew that he could be that angry of a person. He's very kind."

"He's mellow," I add. "I know what you mean. I didn't really get to see how angry he was, but I can only imagine."

"Oh my fucking God, he didn't even care about his guitar, Kaitlyn. He threw it over his shoulder." He starts to laugh. "But-and I feel bad for finding this funny-he couldn't get it over his head and just got more frustrated."

That makes me laugh. "God, Dave. You know, one day, you're really going to piss him off."

"I already do."

I furrow my eyebrows. "No you don't."

"Don't tell anyone, but I don't feel like I really belong in the band. It's like Krist and Kurt, and Dave."

"I'm sorry. Now it can be Krist and Kurt, and Kaitlyn and Dave."

"Oh, Kurt would kill me if that happened. What do you see in him?"

I scoff and chuckle. "Dave! What a terrible, terrible question."

"No, I'm genuinely curious," He lays down on his stomach and kicks his feet up in the air. "Let's gossip!"

I smile. I have to think about my response. I've never really thought about what attracted me to Kurt; I just knew that I was. "His face. He's really attractive, Dave. But what's even better is that he doesn't flaunt it around like most people do."

"That's because he thinks he's ugly."

My eyes widen and my jaw drops. "He thinks what?!"

Dave readjusts himself by sitting down on his butt. "Yeah, he thinks he's ugly."

I sigh. "How the fuck does he think he's ugly?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "How do you think you're at fault for everything?" He covers his mouth. "Holy shit! I did not mean it like that."

"I know, I know," I put my hand on his shoulder to assure him that I'm not upset by his comment. "But that's because something happened to me to make me think that. Did something happen to Kurt that makes him think he's ugly?"

"I don't know. He's not a really open person."

"He's different," I continue about what attracts me to Kurt. "I feel terrible for doing this, but I compare him to Ethan sometimes and I feel like I'm not supposed to do that, you know?"

"Well, Ethan's all that you've ever had before Kurt, so it's a new experience."

"Yeah, I guess so. I would hate it if he compared me to his ex girlfriend, Tobi."

"From what I know, Tobi's bad news."

"She's incredibly beautiful."

"Kaitlyn, don't compare yourself to other people, alright?" He sits up and climbs off of the bed. "I'll see you around. Thanks for the talk."

"Are you leaving?" I ask. 

"Mhm. It's late and I have to get home."

"Alright. Bye, Dave."

"Goodbye."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 241 20
Year: 1997 { In This Story, Kurt Is Alive :) } [ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] "Let me fix this." Dave says worriedly towards Kurt. "How." Kurt replies...
104 11 8
Britt and Dave met a year ago and had a one night stand. Now he's the drummer in her best friend's Kurt and Krist band Nirvana. Dave left her more th...
20K 510 50
The year is 2018,Aimee Eli is a 18 year old Nirvana fan struggling with her depression.she cries every night,the only thing that can comfort her is K...
109K 3.3K 45
A story of two people living a lifestyle where it can sometimes seem like the party never stops. Kurt and Lily are trying to figure out how to keep t...