Harriet Potter and the Alpha...

By mermaid886

When Severus Snape survives his wounds after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harriet Potter offers to care for the ab... More

Chapter 1 - Thank You
Chapter 2 - The Unruly Patient
Chapter 3 - Farewell?
Chapter 4 - Under the Alpha
Chapter 5 - Let's be off?
Chapter 6 - Stirring the Cauldron
Chapter 7 - Startling News
Chapter 8 - An Omega in Distress
Chapter 9 - Warm Cookies, Soft Glances
Chapter 10 - Severus's Scheme
Chapter 11 - September's Ball
Chapter 12 - Severus to the Rescue
Chapter 13 - Blissful Union
Chapter 14 - The Cozy Weekend
Chapter 15 - Mine
Chapter 16 - What's to Come
Chapter 17 - Severus's News
Chapter 18 - Cravings
Chapter 19 - Domestic Bliss
Chapter 20 - Pleasant Plans
Chapter 21 - Severus's Favorite
Chapter 22 - Mrs. Snape
Chapter 23 - Good News
Chapter 24 - The Snapes' Nest
Chapter 25 - Expectations
Chapter 26 - Daddy to the Rescue
Chapter 27 - The Battle
Chapter 28 - A Princely Father
Chapter 29 - Maggie Snape
Chapter 30 - Pushing Forward
Chapter 31 - Freedom
Chapter 32 - The Snape Family
Chapter 33 - An Alpha's Desire
Chapter 34 - The Interview
Chapter 35 - Hopes
Chapter 36 - Election Day
Chapter 37 - Discoveries
Chapter 38 - Decisions
Chapter 39 - The Minister-elect
Chapter 40 - Lessons and Games
Chapter 41 - Ancient Lullaby
Chapter 42 - Severus Snape, Minister for Magic
Chapter 43 - Bloodlines
Chapter 44 - A Visit from Eileen
Chapter 45 - Family Bonds
Chapter 46 - Old Magic
Chapter 47 - Of and With
Chapter 48 - Waiting
Chapter 49 - Across a Loom
Chapter 50 - Messages
Chapter 51 - Family
Chapter 52 - Origin of the Prince Family
Chapter 53 - Little Sev
Chapter 54 - Learning
Chapter 55 - Minister Snape's Dilemma
Chapter 56 - Talks
Chapter 57 - Forbidden Forest
Chapter 58 - Found
Chapter 59 - Severus, The Helpful Alpha
Chapter 60 - An Interesting Failure
Chapter 61 - Hallows
Chapter 62 - Severus and Harriet
Chapter 63 - Desperation
Chapter 64 - Hopes
Chapter 65 - Shopping
Chapter 66 - Maggie's Letter
Chapter 67 - Severus's Letter
Chapter 68 - Severus's Meeting
Chapter 69 - Meeting Hagrid
Chapter 70 - Letting Go But Holding On
Chapter 71 - The Sorting Hat Ceremony
Chapter 73 - Hope
Chapter 74 - Dreams
Chapter 75 - Coming Together
Chapter 76 - Preparing
Chapter 77 - Ready
Chapter 78 - A Family In Need
Chapter 79 - This Time
Chapter 80 - Hogwarts
Chapter 81 - Smiles and Rivals
Chapter 82 - Love, Harriet
Chapter 83 - What's to Come
Chapter 84 - Harriet the Heroine
Chapter 85 - Success
Chapter 86 - Healing
Chapter 87 - Brothers
Chapter 88 - Different Yet the Same
Chapter 89 - Fathers
Chapter 90 - Family
Chapter 91 - Love
Chapter 92 - Strong
Chapter 93 - Little Babies
Chapter 94 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 95 - Wrath
Chapter 96 - Time
Chapter 97 - Facing Severus Snape
Chapter 98 - Maggie's New Chair
Chapter 99 - Severus's Hatred
Chapter 100 - Home

Chapter 72 - Missing Maggie

449 19 2
By mermaid886

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet knew something wasn't quite right when she woke the next morning and found Little Sev weeping at his father's feet while her husband scowled down at a piece of parchment as his quill flew across the page in hurried but elegant written lines.

Disencan blinked at Harriet from the kitchen with wide eyes as he finished the breakfast preparations.

Harriet nodded politely at the elf before she looked at her husband and son while she cleared her throat.

Severus continued his work.

Little Sev's mournful sobbing droned on.

"I hate to interrupt you both." Harriet scowled as she crossed her arms, "But would someone mind telling me what exactly is going on?"

"Our son is weeping and I am drafting a letter." Severus drawled very matter-of-factly without glancing up.

Harriet groaned in frustration before she bent down toward their youngest child and asked, "Sweetheart, what's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"I........." Little Sev sobbed while he wiped his eyes, "Mummy, I........"

Harriet frowned when her small son broke off into another wailing sob as Severus furrowed his brow.

"Hey......" She whispered as she stroked Little Sev's dark hair, "It's alright, love, you can tell me......What's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"Oh, Mummy......" Little Sev sighed in a shuddering gasp as he wiped his eyes, "I just........I miss her so much!"

Harriet blinked as he covered his face with his hands as another brutal sob wracked his chest.

"Your sister......?" Harriet asked.

Little Sev didn't bother taking his hands away but he nodded vehemently as Harriet cooed and scooped him into her lap as she sat on the floor, "Oh, sweetheart.....it's alright. Come here.....calm down now, it's alright."

"No, it's not alright!" Little Sev insisted as he buried his face in the crook of Harriet's neck, "She's gone! She's been with me everyday since I was born and now she's gone! How is it ever going to be alright again, Mummy?!"

Severus coldly answered his son, "Your sister will return for the holidays once Hogwarts' winter recess begins."

The idea of waiting months to see Maggie again elicited a mournful shriek from Little Sev.

Harriet scowled at her husband's lack of tact before she quipped, "Who are you writing so early? We could have gone ahead and moved to your office for you to start work."

"I have no need to be in my office to draft a letter of resignation." Severus answered dryly.

Harriet's eyes widened as a gasp escaped her throat.

With Little Sev clutched against her, she clambered to her feet and shot back, "Sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly, Sev.....?"

"No, I'm certain you heard me perfectly well." Severus said calmly as he finally completed his work, sat his quill down, and looked at his wife.

"You're........You're stepping down?" Harriet scowled, "You just woke up with this in your mind and decided not to ask me first?"

"If you notice, my love....." Severus drawled, "I made no mention of mailing the letter, I have merely drafted it. Perhaps you and I may discuss the matter in depth later today......" His black eyes flickered to Little Sev for a moment before he glanced back at Harriet, ".........Or this evening?"

Harriet frowned as she stared at her alpha.

Although she wanted to hold onto anger for a moment, as Severus gazed at her with a deep frown on his pale face, she noticed his dark stare held the same misery as her son's mournful weeping.

She let out a shaky breath as the chains of rage that had begun to wrap around her heart shattered.

How could she possibly stay angry at her alpha?

Harriet realized that father and son felt the same pain that day.

Both Severus and Little Sev desperately missed Maggie.

—————————————————————-

Harriet and Severus didn't have a chance to speak with each other until later that evening, Little Sev had demanded their attention for the majority of the day.

Their words and hugs had done little from what Harriet could tell.

Little Sev had cried all day.

He had wiped tears from his eyes during his meals.

Even once Harriet and Severus had tucked him into bed, his chest shook with dry sobs.

Although Little Sev was only a few years away from Hogwarts himself, Harriet sat at his bedside with Severus loyally next to her while she read from The Tales of Beedle the Bard until drowsiness overcame the small boy.

Harriet quietly closed the book while Severus lovingly pulled the covers up to his son's chest.

Before they left the room, Harriet walked over, bent down, and gave Little Sev a tender kiss of motherly affection on his forehead, hoping to soothe his tiny heart as he rested.

It pleased Severus and Harriet to see that their son slept with a smile on his face despite his emotional turmoil.

In his dreams, the horrible day Maggie left had never come.

Little Sev saw himself playing with his sister again as they spent hours talking and laughing while Rabbie looked on and let him pet her soft fur.

—————————————————————-

Once they had silently slunk down the hall and entered their room, Harriet walked over to her vanity, turned to face Severus, and crossed her arms.

"Well?" She asked, "I'm listening, Sev."

On any other night, she would have undressed for bed or slipped into her nest, but she had been waiting to speak with her alpha all day.

Harriet would not dare allow Severus the opportunity to seduce her until they had made it through their discussion.

"Our daughter is at Hogwarts now....." Severus began.

"She is." Harriet nodded in agreement.

"Our son will join her soon." He added.

"That's true." Harriet agreed again.

"In light of those truths..." Severus reasoned as his dark gaze bore into Harriet, "I have decided to resign from my post as Minister. The next election is six months away......I will not run for office again."

Harriet's eyes nearly bulged out of her head.

"But why?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"I wish to resign.......as Minister......for Magic." Severus said very slowly, "......For our family's sake."

"B-But......You can't!" Harriet sputtered.

"My love, if this position is so very important to you, then perhaps you should run in the next election." Severus snapped.

"Sev, you're the best minister we've had in centuries! Everyone says it!" Harriet declared as she threw up her hands, "You won the first election and the reelection by a landslide! I don't know what all that business with the Hallows was about years ago.....and those odd letters.....but people love you now! They trust you! You can't just step down and walk away!"

"While I remain deeply humbled by the support I've received..." Severus diplomatically answered, "My family comes before any government or career.....I should not have to explain that aspect of my heart to you, surely you know that well enough by now."

"And what are you going to do after you're out of office?" Harriet asked, "Retire into obscurity?"

"As much as I would enjoy a luxurious retirement, no." Severus quipped.

Harriet frowned as he explained, "I intend to return to the world of academia."

"As Headmaster?!" Harriet gasped, "McGonagall may not want to give up her position, Sev!"

"McGonagall is getting on in years." Severus reasoned, "She may welcome a reprieve......However, if not......I'll gladly return as a professor. Surely she can find a place for me at the castle once more."

Harriet breathed a long sigh as she scowled at Severus.

"You're displeased." Severus dryly surmised.

"What was all that you said the other night about Maggie having to be her own person and find her way in the world? Her identity? How is she going to do that with her father hanging over her shoulder?" Harriet asked.

"I have no intention of 'hanging' over either of our children's shoulders, merely being as available to them as I am currently to magical Britain." Severus retorted.

"What about-" Harriet began but Severus cut her off as he rose to his feet in one fluid motion.

He towered over her in his draping, dark robes as his black stare smouldered into her soul while he pressed an elegant, pale finger against her lips and whispered, "I am your alpha, Harriet Snape. I ran in the election and took office at your urging. I have toiled and I have sacrificed these past years to serve the public. My children have a greater need for me now than those in our society......It is our children whom I will spend my days watching over.....Unless you finally care to bear more?"

As Severus lowered his finger from Harriet's lips, she spat, "What kind of insult is that supposed to be? Do you think I haven't been trying?! You've seen every attempt I've made!"

"I have indeed, my love." Severus calmly replied, "I meant no insult by my words, merely a harsh glimpse at our reality. We have one son and one daughter. I will do everything in my power to help them be the best witch and wizard they can possibly become."

Harriet scoffed, "But all these years-"

"-All these years, they've been small enough to remain in our arms and under our roof." Severus frowned, "The challenges of raising small children fall on the parents, but the burden of adolescence lies with those individuals themselves. Some of my darkest days were spent in my youth."

Harriet sighed again as Severus frowned and asked, "Please, my love, won't you allow me to aid our little ones?"

Anger still coursed through Harriet's veins.

Despite her rage over Severus wanting to resign as minister, she couldn't help the flare of arousal that burned within her center as she listened to her alpha beg her for the privilege to protect their pups.

Suddenly, Harriet launched herself forward and pushed Severus back against the wall as she attacked his lips in a passionate kiss.

His response was immediate and overwhelming as he grasped her hips in his hands and possessively returned her affection, almost as if he were trying to thank her for mothering his children in the first place.

Entwined and entangled, Mr. and Mrs. Snape staggered backwards until they tumbled into Harriet's nest.

While Harriet laid on the bed as Severus placed gentle kisses down her belly, her heart raced with longing.

If only she could conceive another baby, perhaps her alpha would change his mind......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.8K 2.4K 4
Posted to both fanfiction.net and archiveofourown.org under ClarisseSelwyn and Clarisse (transnymphtaire) respectively. Plot by request: Omega!Harry...
60.7K 2.4K 70
Y/n Y/l/n found her way to be an assistant to the cold Severus Snape. Can she keep up with her all her duties? Or will her past drag her in the mud? ...
13.5K 537 12
After surviving the war, Severus Snape has the great misfortune of running into his least favorite student at a wellness resort. While he attempts to...
29.9K 628 10
After losing the war, Harriet Potter becomes the obsession of a changed Tom Riddle as he completes his rise to power. Trapped in a marriage to a husb...