Harriet Potter and the Alpha...

By mermaid886

When Severus Snape survives his wounds after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harriet Potter offers to care for the ab... More

Chapter 1 - Thank You
Chapter 2 - The Unruly Patient
Chapter 3 - Farewell?
Chapter 4 - Under the Alpha
Chapter 5 - Let's be off?
Chapter 6 - Stirring the Cauldron
Chapter 7 - Startling News
Chapter 8 - An Omega in Distress
Chapter 9 - Warm Cookies, Soft Glances
Chapter 10 - Severus's Scheme
Chapter 11 - September's Ball
Chapter 12 - Severus to the Rescue
Chapter 13 - Blissful Union
Chapter 14 - The Cozy Weekend
Chapter 15 - Mine
Chapter 16 - What's to Come
Chapter 17 - Severus's News
Chapter 18 - Cravings
Chapter 19 - Domestic Bliss
Chapter 20 - Pleasant Plans
Chapter 21 - Severus's Favorite
Chapter 22 - Mrs. Snape
Chapter 23 - Good News
Chapter 24 - The Snapes' Nest
Chapter 25 - Expectations
Chapter 26 - Daddy to the Rescue
Chapter 27 - The Battle
Chapter 28 - A Princely Father
Chapter 29 - Maggie Snape
Chapter 30 - Pushing Forward
Chapter 31 - Freedom
Chapter 32 - The Snape Family
Chapter 33 - An Alpha's Desire
Chapter 34 - The Interview
Chapter 35 - Hopes
Chapter 36 - Election Day
Chapter 37 - Discoveries
Chapter 38 - Decisions
Chapter 39 - The Minister-elect
Chapter 40 - Lessons and Games
Chapter 42 - Severus Snape, Minister for Magic
Chapter 43 - Bloodlines
Chapter 44 - A Visit from Eileen
Chapter 45 - Family Bonds
Chapter 46 - Old Magic
Chapter 47 - Of and With
Chapter 48 - Waiting
Chapter 49 - Across a Loom
Chapter 50 - Messages
Chapter 51 - Family
Chapter 52 - Origin of the Prince Family
Chapter 53 - Little Sev
Chapter 54 - Learning
Chapter 55 - Minister Snape's Dilemma
Chapter 56 - Talks
Chapter 57 - Forbidden Forest
Chapter 58 - Found
Chapter 59 - Severus, The Helpful Alpha
Chapter 60 - An Interesting Failure
Chapter 61 - Hallows
Chapter 62 - Severus and Harriet
Chapter 63 - Desperation
Chapter 64 - Hopes
Chapter 65 - Shopping
Chapter 66 - Maggie's Letter
Chapter 67 - Severus's Letter
Chapter 68 - Severus's Meeting
Chapter 69 - Meeting Hagrid
Chapter 70 - Letting Go But Holding On
Chapter 71 - The Sorting Hat Ceremony
Chapter 72 - Missing Maggie
Chapter 73 - Hope
Chapter 74 - Dreams
Chapter 75 - Coming Together
Chapter 76 - Preparing
Chapter 77 - Ready
Chapter 78 - A Family In Need
Chapter 79 - This Time
Chapter 80 - Hogwarts
Chapter 81 - Smiles and Rivals
Chapter 82 - Love, Harriet
Chapter 83 - What's to Come
Chapter 84 - Harriet the Heroine
Chapter 85 - Success
Chapter 86 - Healing
Chapter 87 - Brothers
Chapter 88 - Different Yet the Same
Chapter 89 - Fathers
Chapter 90 - Family
Chapter 91 - Love
Chapter 92 - Strong
Chapter 93 - Little Babies
Chapter 94 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 95 - Wrath
Chapter 96 - Time
Chapter 97 - Facing Severus Snape
Chapter 98 - Maggie's New Chair
Chapter 99 - Severus's Hatred
Chapter 100 - Home

Chapter 41 - Ancient Lullaby

1.3K 49 8
By mermaid886

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Kinglsey withdrew his wand as Severus rushed over to the desk and picked the rabbit up by the ample scruff of its thick neck.

A carefully cast spell from the Minister of Magic removed the book from the fire.

As the aged volume hovered in the air while Kingsley attempted to perform a flame-reversing charm, Severus glared at the rabbit.

The rabbit glared back at him with its single eye.

"You have my sincerest apologies, Minister." Severus assured Kingsley while he listened to the happy laughter from the next room as Harriet rose from her nest and lifted Maggie out of her cot.

"Accidents happen, Severus." Kinglsey nodded.

The flames' damage was slowly undone, page by page, as he used the charm to leaf through the ancient book.

Despite his kindness, Kinglsey narrowed his eyes as he added, "Be a bit more careful with pets around the Ministry's older books, Severus. We're fortunate my charm worked....The group of hand-written records this volume contains makes it irreplaceable."

"Believe me, Minister...." Severus said as he glowered at the rabbit, "It won't happen again."

—————————————————————

That evening, after the Snape family returned home, Maggie lay asleep in her nursery while Harriet took a long bath.

Severus resisted the urge to join his bride as he silently glided into his daughter's nursery.

The massive bunny slept next to Maggie but Severus wore a frown as he stood beside the cot and watched the animal warily.

His dark wand glinted in the dim light of the room's small lamp as he pointed it towards the rabbit and whispered in his low voice, "Levicorpus".

The rabbit's single eye popped open in surprise as it felt itself being lifted from its sleeping place and into the air.

Severus watched the creature scowl at him as he floated the rabbit out of Maggie's nursery, down the hallway, and into the abandoned living room.

"You and I have much to discuss." Severus whispered to the rabbit while he gently sat it down on the floor as he lowered his wand.

The bunny held its vicious glare for a moment until Severus mirrored its expression, pointed his wand at the rabbit, and murmured an incantation.

A burst of blue light shot forth from the tip of Severus's wand and crashed into the rabbit.

The blast knocked the animal back, but caused no injury and offered no reveals.

Severus's pale face fell into a deep frown as he watched the bunny shake off the unwelcome impact.

He remained unconvinced about the spell's findings.

"That's twice now you've been able to endure the Animagus reversal spell without revealing yourself." Severus drawled as he furrowed his brow at the rabbit, "How is that possible?......Why are you hiding?.....I'm no fool......Clearly, there must have been a reason, a motivation, an intention........some explanation as to why you tossed the book into the fire?"

The rabbit narrowed its eye at Severus.

He frowned as he went on, "You should feel fortunate that becoming a father has made me a more merciful man.....I am once again giving you the opportunity to abandon your deceptive disguise and state your business with my family."

The rabbit scowled but remained silent as it twitched its large nose.

"I would also like to warn you that I am well-acquainted with the Dark Arts." Severus threatened as he stared at the animal, "I think it's only fair to mention that I will not hesitate to use my knowledge to the fullest extent in the event of someone threatening my wife, my children, or my elf."

The bunny stayed silent and continued to twitch its nose as a voice called out, "........Sev? Are you tormenting that thing again?"

Severus turned at the sound.

His black eyes visibly widened when he saw Harriet in the doorway of the living room, covered only by the bath towel she had wrapped around herself, with her hair still wet as it spilled over her clean, glistening shoulders.

"Let the poor thing sleep and come to bed, please." Harriet pleaded with a sigh, "It's been with us for quite some time now, Sev....Maggie loves it! She'll wake up soon and have a fit if it isn't next to her."

"I told you what happened with the Animagi records earlier today." Severus insisted, "This is no ordinary rabbit.......I have a few suspicions about why it's hunted us, however-"

"-However," Harriet cut in sarcastically, "You've already performed the Animagus reversal spell, Sev! Nothing happened! The book falling into the fireplace today was an accident, nothing more. Maggie's rabbit is huge.......it probably knocked it off the desk by mistake........That desk really is too close to the hearth, anyway. They should move it."

The rabbit frowned at Severus while he frowned at Harriet.

She smiled coyly as she walked over to stand in front of her husband.

Severus looked up at Harriet with a saddened sigh as she raised her hands and placed them gently on the sides of his face.

A loving smile crossed her lips while she tucked a stray strand of Severus's raven-black hair behind his ear and asked, "Come to bed, Sev? That rabbit isn't anything but a rabbit. Maggie sleeps through the night now, completely undisturbed. It makes no noise, it doesn't harm us........That rabbit doesn't need you...Maggie doesn't need you tonight either.....but your mate does~."

Severus stared up at Harriet in awe for a moment before he leaned forward and kissed her towel-covered abdomen.

Harriet let her hands fall away from his face as he rose to his feet and grasped her hand.

They both blinked when they looked over and noticed the rabbit had already left the room.

Together, Harriet and Severus went and peered into Maggie's nursery.

In their daughter's cot, the animal slept with its ear protectively over the little girl as a furry blanket.

Harriet pecked Severus's lips before they left Maggie's door cracked and walked to their own room.

As soon as they had gone, the rabbit's single eye popped open to scowl after them.

—————————————————————-

Severus was more than ready to enjoy the delights of holding his wife close after his long day.

He had tried his best to pay attention to all of the training he had received from Kingsley.

Severus had absorbed what information he could, but he had already determined that like the job of Headmaster, the position of Minister for Magic would be exhausting.

Harriet could sense her lover's fatigue as she studied his tense expression while he climbed into her nest and laid on his back.

"Sev?" Harriet asked as she moved over and propped herself up to look down at him.

He blinked at his mate as he waited for her to go on.

"I'm proud of you." Harriet said with a smile, "You're doing brilliantly! Kingsley thinks so too, I've seen it in his face."

As she spoke, she let her fingers calmingly drift over the portion of Severus's pale chest that his unbuttoned nightshirt exposed.

"You'll be the best Minister for Magic we've had  in ages." Harriet continued as her alpha's dark eyes softened while he studied her face, ".......And I'll be beside you every step of the way. I'm your wife and your mate, don't forget.......I love you, Sev, with all my heart."

Severus Snape was no stranger to stressful vocations and events.

Although, never before had he possessed the comforting luxury of being loved by someone who rewarded his efforts and reminded him that his pursuits were worthwhile.

For a moment, he resisted the urge to chuckle mirthlessly at how easier the war would have been if he had been able to have the gentle support that Harriet offered him.

As Severus stared up at her, his heart overflowed with gratitude to his wife.

She smiled as Severus gently pulled her down for a kiss.

One kiss, that was all he wanted, that was all he silently asked of Harriet.......one kiss to restore his weary soul.

He wouldn't dare tire his expectant omega further after she had stood by him through yet another grueling day of training.

His chivalrous attitude didn't stop the yearning that rushed to his groin as Harriet chose to deepen their kiss while she moved his hands to knead at her sore breasts.

Harriet shivered as Severus purred against her lips. His low voice came as a velvet rumble from his chest as he asked, "And do you intend to so generously bestow upon me such a gift this evening, Mrs. Snape?"

"That depends." Harriet smirked as she nipped at his lips. She sucked in a breath as his skillful fingertips cruelly ghosted over her hardened nipples while she teased, "..........Would you like a taste?"

Severus punished Harriet for her naughty tongue as he purposely pinched her rosy peaks between his fingers.

His action drew a sharp cry from Mrs. Snape, but her agony came to an end quickly as the pain ended and the pleasure began.

Harriet couldn't remember a time when Severus had been quite that gentle with her as they made love that evening.

Her alpha had never been a rough, thoughtless partner. That night, though, Severus held Harriet in his arms as if she were made of glass while they coupled.

His kisses felt like the brushing of a butterfly's wings against her soft skin.

His fingers moved over her as if he were touching delicate blossoms, not human flesh.

Harriet's legs trembled around Severus's waist as she found her release after hours of her lover's tormentful affections.

Through the waves of her bliss, with Severus's manhood deep inside her and his fingers massaging the throbbing crest of her delicate petals, Harriet felt her alpha's black eyes on her as he watched her shake and jolt.

She couldn't decide if Severus had taken what he needed from her or if he had worshiped her that night, but after he found his own pleasure, they laid together in a sweat-slicked heap of lazy kisses and tender cuddles.

Harriet felt completely......satisfied.

Mrs. Snape happily tumbled into her dreams surrounded by her alpha's protective embrace.

—————————————————————

In the middle of the night, Maggie's little brow furrowed as a terrible nightmare began in her young mind.

She began to fuss in her sleep as she thrashed in her cot and waved her tiny arms.

Roused halfway to consciousness, she felt the rabbit's soft fur beside her before it vanished without warning.

Suddenly, she noticed herself being pressed against a wall of that familiar softness as arms cradled her close.

Maggie barely blinked her eyes open enough to stare up into the dark pools of onyx that gazed down at her.

Heavy strands of braided, silky, raven-black hair hung down to tickle the tiny girl before they were swept away by a large hand.

A gentle swaying motion soothed Maggie back into drowsiness as she closed her eyes again while strange words whispered through the air, spoken in a melody as ancient as the centuries until the tiny girl fell back into a deep, solid sleep.

Maggie's mysterious caretaker carefully laid her back down in her cot with a mother's loving tenderness.

A moment later, the large rabbit deftly crawled beside her and placed its fluffy ear protectively over Severus's daughter once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 441 16
Since the moment Harry presented as an omega, all he's ever wanted was to have a baby. Fate had another idea in mind for him. Giving on up on conceiv...
106K 2.4K 19
Since their marriage, Draco Malfoy and his wife Harriet decided that they wouldn't have a family. What happens when the blonde alpha changes his mind...
13.6K 545 12
After surviving the war, Severus Snape has the great misfortune of running into his least favorite student at a wellness resort. While he attempts to...
29.9K 638 10
After losing the war, Harriet Potter becomes the obsession of a changed Tom Riddle as he completes his rise to power. Trapped in a marriage to a husb...