Burn Me (Bakugo x Reader)

By CherryBlossom402

In a world where quirks grant extraordinary abilities, freedom becomes a precious commodity, and the pursuit... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eight Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Nine
Chapter Ninety

Chapter Twenty Seven

18.9K 659 550
By CherryBlossom402

"Hey-!" Bakugo snapped, his voice echoing off the gym walls. "-are you gonna spot me or not!?"

"Huh?" Kirishima looked up from his phone, "Yeah, just give me a sec-" Bakugo and Kirishima were at their local gym wasting away their Saturday morning.

"Why are you in that damn group chat anyway?" Bakugo asked, seeing the Class 1-A texting group chat.

"Why are you not?" Kirishima countered with a cheeky smile, "It's a lot of fun-"

"I already gonna deal with those damn Extras at school, why the hell would I wanna give them my number to bug me when I'm at home!?"

"You should give them more credit-" Kirishima said, "-they are pretty cool when you get to know them-"

"Ugh-!" Bakugo growled rolling his scarlet eyes, earning a few annoyed looks from other people who just wanted a nice quiet exercise. "-I don't care! I thought we were here to work out not talk about those losers! What are you even bringing them up for now!?"

"A few of us are trying to figure out where (y/n) lives." Kirishima answered,

"Huh?" Bakugo blinked, "(y/n), what for?"

"I know yesterday she said she didn't really wanna hang out because she was tired, but Mina and I thought it would be nice if we all got together and did something for her."

"Why?"

"Because....well, (y/n) has been sitting inside a prison...we wanna do a welcome home kind of thing for her. Since we all will be away for the next week, we don't want her sitting all around all alone..."

"She said she wanted to be alone." Bakugo replied, "Why bug her?"

"Because we are her friends." Kirishima grinned, "That's what friends do."

"You sound lame." Bakugo smirked,

"Yeah." Kirishima nodded, "I'm ok with that, so anyway that is what we are all trying to figure out-"

"Add me to the stupid group chat." Bakugo ordered.

"What?"

"I said add me to the fucking group chat-!" Bakugo bit, "-have you gone deaf!?"

----

You sighed, letting your lungs deflate as you stepped out of the steaming shower. Your body felt relaxed as you dried off listening to the silence of being home alone while All Might was stuck at UA doing some teachers conference.

Sliding on loose shorts and a sports bra, you went to grab your shirt when the doorbell sang. You craned your head to look at the closed door.

All Might always had packages coming to the house, it was annoying honestly. After another ring, you realized the delivery person probably needed a signature for the package, so you slowly walked out of the bathroom.

Your body ached, painted in bruises from head to toe. Your time spent inside jail was eventful, to say the least. Every ten seconds someone aimed to kill you, even a few guards were paid off to look the other way forcing you to sleep with one eye open.

It hurt to apply pressure to your left leg, the deep gash Shadow Jack inflicted on you reopened. Your torso ached from the black and blue bruises from being kicked, on the bright side the pain medication Dr. Shuzenji gave you, helped with the broken rib.

The doorbell was pressed rapidly four times.

"I'm coming." You muttered, feeling annoyed. It was hard getting around, the stairs were a bitch, going down was easy but going up was a different story.

As the door sang once more, you ripped open the front door, anger clear on your face as you and the group of your classmates all froze upon seeing each other.

You stared at Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, Ochaco and Bakugo who all stared back at you.

Your face still held the crescent moon shape around your eye, your lip was still busted. The bruising around your neck was turning yellow. Your arms and legs were also revealed to the class, but what caused the turning in their stomach was seeing your torso, the deep bruising had them replaying the warden kicking you repeatedly in their minds.

"Wh-" Ochaco blinked, being the first to snap out of the shock seeing you so exposed. "-Why are you answering the door dressed like that!?"

"Someone was giving my doorbell a freaking heart attack." You replied, your hair damp. "What are you-"

"I texted you!" Mina chirped in, struggling to remove her eyes from your body. "But you-"

"Oh-" You muttered, glancing in the direction of the stairs, where your phone sat in your room. "-I fell asleep then took a shower."

"Well, you look refreshed!" Ochaco smiled brightly, trying to shake the uneasy feeling in her belly.

"What are you guys doing here?" You yawned.

"We are here for you!" Kirishima stepped forward, "Now we know you said you didn't want to do anything today, but we felt like we had to-"

"What for?" You wondered,

"We wanted to do a kind of welcome home party for you!" Mina jumped, "We know you can't really do a lot so we brought a bunch of sit-down games; movies and we can order pizza!"

"Uh..." You trailed off, unsure of what to say. All Might didn't want anyone to know you lived with him...the only people who knew were the high school staff, Midoriya and now Bakugo.

But...All Might wasn't here; he was going to be stuck at UA for a while so...it couldn't hurt for them to come in for a bit, right?

"Alright." You shrugged, moving aside for the class to walk in.

"Wow-!" Kirishima whistled looking around. "- you have a nice place!"

"It's not mine so..." You muttered,

"(y/n) do you think you should put a shirt on?" Ochaco whispered, causing you to glance down at the sports bra and loose shorts you wore.

"Oh yeah..." You trailed off, glaring at the stairs. After a second you recalled the zip up hoodie lying on the couch. "...what did you guys want to do?" You wondered, walking into the living room.

"Well-!" Mina clapped her hands together as she and everyone else followed. "-we have tons of board games!"

"Board games?" You turned, the hoodie in your hands.

"Yeah!" Ochaco jumped in, "Mina brought cards against humanity, it's so fun!"

"Hm." You hummed.

"Where are you going?" Mina wondered, seeing you were moving to exit the room.

"I have to cover this this stuff-" You gestured to the cut on your leg and side. "-before I put this on." You raised the hoodie slightly.

"Do you need some help?" Kirishima quickly offered.

"Uh sure." You shrugged.

Kirishima hopped up from the couch, Bakugo watched the two of you leave the room as the other set up the popular card game. Bakugo's eye twitched, why did he care Kirishima was helping you dress your wounds and not him?

"Ugh!" Bakugo growled, getting up from the couch to go watch what the others were doing.

"I think we should do this in teams!" Kaminari offered, "I think it'll make it more fun!"

"Yeah?" Mina thought for a moment. "Yeah! Why not?"

"Why not what?" Kirishima asked walking into the room just then.

"Where is (y/n)?" Mina questioned a second before you walked in.

"Hm?" You hummed looking up from zipping the hoodie halfway up.

"We are gonna play the game in teams!" Ochaco smiled.

"In teams?" Kirishima repeated, "Yeah! That sounds like fun!"

"Kirishima-!" Kaminari jumped, "-let's join forces and kick all their asses!"

"Hell yeah!" Kirishima joined in.

"Mina you wanna be partners?" Ochaco asked.

"Sure." Mina nodded, having finished setting up.

"Oh-" Kaminari turned to the ash blond, "-Bakugo what about you?"

"Huh?" Bakugo turned, casually leaning back in his chair.

"We are doing this game in teams of two-"

"I heard you!" Bakugo snapped, knowing the only person who would want to team up with him would be Kirishima who already had a partner. Kirishima glanced sadly at Kaminari, he had to partner up with Bakugo, who else would?

Bakugo huffed, questioning why he even came here.

"I'll be on his team." You say, pulling out the chair next to him.

"Wh-What!?" Ochaco and Kaminari gasped, you shrugged as a response. Bakugo watched you from the corner of his eye, he kept glancing at the bruising around your eye socket, his blood boiled at the sight, he couldn't understand why it angered him so much.

The card game was fun.

The six of you spent three hours playing, in the end you and Bakugo racked up the most points and won. The sound of your growling stomach was what ended the game.

Mina ordered pizza as everyone collected in the living room to watch a movie.

"I can't believe I am not going to see any of you for a whole week!" Ochaco sadly sighed.

"Yeah-" Kaminari agreed, "-but it's only a week, plus our internships will make us stronger!"

"Hey (y/n)-" Kirishima turned your head, "-if you wanna talk about anything that happened...you know you can call any one of us."

"Yeah-" Mina said, kicking Kirishima's ankle. The group had agreed not to bring up the prison thing while here. "-it doesn't matter the time or place, just give us a call!"

"Uh...thanks." You replied, after a moment of awkward silence and stares you sighed. "There isn't much to say."

"How isn't-!?" Kaminari jumped, earning a punch from Mina.

"If you don't want to talk about it, we will respect-" Mina glared at Kaminari, "-that."

Even though their words were sincere, you could see it in their faces, they wanted to know more.

"I-" You sighed; "-I saw the video...that you guys saw..."

"That was horrible!" Mina gasped,

"Why did you keep getting up!?" Kirishima threw his hands up.

"To get into solitary." You answered.

"Why?"

"Because..." How to sugar coat this? "...I knew people who were there." You decided to say,

"They were bad people?" Ochaco asked.

"Yeah-" You nodded, "-they were, and they don't like me."

"Mr. Aizawa was right then." Kaminari muttered, "You provoked the Warden to get into solitary to stay alive."

"I did." You nodded.

"Then how did you get that-?" Mina asked pointing to her own face.

"I... was...not in solitary confinement for the entire time I was locked up." You answered.

"I hope that Warden loses his job!" Ochaco balled her fists up to her chest.

"Yeah-" Kaminari agreed, "-he was a dick-"

"No." You said, shocking your classmates. "I didn't want him to lose his job."

"What!?"

"He was doing his job."

"His job!?" Kirishima spat, "His job is to beat up women!?"

"I challenged his authority-" You say, "-he didn't know why I was there, I could have been a killer for all he knew."

"But-"

"The world isn't so black and white." You cut Kirishima off. "You will learn that more when you become a pro-hero and get into the world."

"What does that mean?"

"It means..." You licked your lips, "...just because I am a female, that means nothing. Females tend to be more dangerous because people don't expect them to-"

"But you look so sweet-!" Kirishima gushed, "-how could anyone think you could be a threat!?"

"I know." You said, "I used that a lot."

"Wha-" Kirishima blinked.

"The Warden was simply doing his job, showing the other inmates he couldn't be walked on."

"But the way he treated you-!"

"It wasn't the best-" You shrug, "-it hurt like a bitch, but it was necessary."

"Necessary!?" Kirishima scoffed, "He could have killed you!"

"But he didn't."

"But he could have!"

"Then I would have died." You shrugged plopping onto the couch.

"What!?"

"How could you even-"

"Some people need to die." You speak openly.

"No!" Kirishima shook his head, "No one should be killed-!"

"I thought that once too." You spoke.

"(y/n)-"

"When you graduate-" You cut Mina off, "-and you get into the real world, where you're not sheltered...that's when you'll see-"

"No!" Kirishima walked over and took a seat beside you. "That's your old world, where you had to kill to survive, now you don't have to think like that-!"

"I wonder how many innocent people are going to have to die, for you to realize some life's have to be taken for the good of the majority."

Perhaps your classmates were right, maybe you're the cards dealt to you in life have just hardened your perspective on reality. Or perhaps they haven't gotten their feet wet enough, they needed to graduate and become pro-heroes before they could learn how dark the world can truly be.

Either way, little did you know you wouldn't have the opportunity to be with them when that time came...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405 37 18
You just entered your first year at the most prestigious upcoming Pro-Hero school in all of Japan. Somewhere you've dreamed of attending as a child...
209 21 11
"True heroism is remarkably harsh. That's why it comes so naturally to you - you're remarkably resilient." A BNHA alternate universe, set before quir...
58.2K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
6.3K 47 30
This story features you, a high school girl with a normal life, in a world filled with quirk gifted people. Until one day, you start your journey to...