Beauty and the Beast (Book 2)

By LJ-Qyn

The continuation of Beauty and the Beast. Previously : Jennie is the daughter of one of Korea's most respecte... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 70

2K 48 0
By LJ-Qyn

JENNIE POV

"...Jen...nie..."

I jolted up and made the book in my stomach fell to the floor. I turned to look at Lisa with a pounding heart. Do I hear Lisa's voice calling me?

I stood up so I could see him more clearly.

He was still lying motionless, and his eyes still closed. I brought my face closer to his face. His states still looked the same, but I felt something had changed. I tried to search, I looked at his fingers, staring fixedly, afraid to miss his fingers that might move. But after a few minutes, still there was no movement.

I returned to his face and studied him. I'm sure something has changed. But what? What has changed? Lisa still looks the same as before, his eyes are tightly closed. Oh, how I miss his hazel eyes. His nose is pointed with an oxygen tube that goes in both nostrils. His lips are moist as I always put on lip balm to keep them from chapping. His face was pale.

Wait a minute. His breath... I felt that his breath was unusual. Now a little heavier than before. Then his eyebrows. His eyebrows are slightly furrowed! If not for staring at him every day, I wouldn't notice the difference.

My eyes widened seeing him, then a drop of tears flowed down my eyes when I saw his lips slightly opened.

"... nie..."

Oh My God! I brought my ear to his lips and immediately felt his warm breath blow to mine.

".... Jen... nie..."

Jennie! My name! I covered my mouth with both of my hands, and tears streamed down. Even though his voice was tiny and hoarse, I heard it. I heard him call my name!

"Lisa..." I called. I grabbed his hand and called him once again. His eyes were still closed, and he didn't make a sound anymore.

I woke up from this shock and immediately pressed the button to call the doctor. Not long after, a nurse came in haste, and before she came into the room, I was already shouting.

"Lisa! Lisa! Help! Amy!" I exclaimed without being able to form words perfectly.

The nurse left directly.

"Baby? Lisa? Can you hear me?" I asked between my tears. He didn't respond.

It didn't take long for the room door to open again, and Amy came hastily.

"Amy! Lisa is awake!" I cried to her before she could say anything. Hearing my information, she rushes across from me to check Lisa's vitals.

"Are you sure?" she said as she examines Lisa's face, which seemed unchanged.

"Sure! I heard him call my name. His breathing changed, his brows wrinkled slightly, then his mouth opened slightly and let out a sound. I put my ear closer and then... and then... I heard him call my name," I said enthusiastically between my sobs.

Amy furrowed her brows as if she was trying hard to found something I told.

"See!" I exclaimed and pointed to his hand on Amy's side.

Amy followed my gaze and we waited silently. A few minutes later, there was a slight twitch in Lisa's index finger.

Lisa is awake!

Amy smiled at me and then called Lisa, but Lisa didn't respond anymore. He fell asleep again.

"Lisa, baby. Lisa... Wake up, please, baby. I miss you so much," I said while kissing his forehead. "Please, baby..." I put my hand and stroked his head while my other hand did not let go of my grip on him.

I pull myself up, and we look at Lisa's face again, waiting for him to open his eyes.

And that's what happened. Lisa's eyes moved behind his eyelids, then very slowly he struggling to open his eyes, he blinked many times, and his eyebrows started to crease deeper. As his eyes seem to adjust to the light, Lisa closes his eyes again.

"Baby..." My hand went down and stroked his cheek gently.

Slowly his eyes opened again, and he looked at me. My favorite hazel eyes stare at me and blink.

"... e..." he let out an indistinct voice again. His voice was very hoarse. I immediately get a drink on the bedside table.

"Wait," said Amy, who then waited for Lisa for a while before she started checking on Lisa. Then Amy pointed a small flashlight at Lisa's eyes. "Follow this light," she said, and she started moving the flashlight in several directions.

"Can you raise your hand," Amy ordered, and we watched his hand slowly move.

"Your feet," she ordered again as she pushed the blanket off Lisa's feet, and our eyes shifted to it.

Just like his hands, Lisa's legs moved slightly. But when he tried to move his injured leg we saw him struggling, he even made a little noise.

Amy then asked Lisa about general things like did he remember his name and what happened before. "Welcome back, Lisa," Amy said with a big smile after Lisa gave an answer to all her question by slightly nodding his head. That means he doesn't have amnesia. I could see her eyes were slightly teary. She must be just like the rest of us, hoping and waiting for Lisa to wake up.

She nods at me to give Lisa a drink through a straw. Lisa drinks very slowly. I also slightly hold the straw so he doesn't choke. As per Amy's orders.

"... Jennie..." he said in a clearer voice after he drank a glass of water.

"Baby..." I put my hands on his cheeks after putting the water glass back on the table. I kissed his forehead and cheeks, which were then wet with my tears. I felt his hand reach over to me. He raised his hand and placed it weakly at my side.

"Are you okay?" he asked slowly. At times like this, he still put my safety first.

"Baby, I'm okay. You are awake now. I will be okay," I said while crying. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I don't know. Hurt? Rigid?" He answers. "Are you really okay? Why are you crying?" he asked. Unbelievable. He is the one who was lying in a coma for almost 2 months, yet he worries about me.

"Baby, you don't remember?" I asked.

"I do... Jaejoong... Is he hurt you?" he asked. Again. How can I not fall in love with him? He really cares for me.

"No, baby. I'm really okay. You're the one who got hurt. You're in a coma for almost 2 months, baby. I miss you so much. I'm crying because I'm happy. The day I've been waiting for has finally come," I replied and then kissed him on the cheek again.

"Coma? 2 months?" Lisa asked.

"Yes. You left me alone for almost 2 months," I continued, stroking his cheek.

"...I'm sorry," he said with furrowed brows.

"Shh... The important thing is you are awake," I said.

Amy then explained to Lisa that he was in a coma for 2 months because the bleeding he was experiencing made his brain deprived of oxygen, but there was no damage there, and possibly because Lisa was very tired, so it took him a little longer to regain consciousness. It is like a battery that is being charged after being completely drained, it takes time. After that, she explained the condition of Lisa's leg that he needed another operation.

.

.

Within a few hours, Lisa's strength slowly began to return. After he used up a lot of energy trying to hug me earlier, he rested but didn't sleep because not long after he regained consciousness, Jisoo and Rosie came. With an emotional scene, they cried and hugged Lisa carefully, and then Irene and Seulgi followed them. Daddy Marco's came in haste after I gave him the happy news. He even kissed Lisa's forehead. Mom, who came later, also tearfully hugged Lisa. So, of course, he didn't have time to sleep. We all tried to talk to him, we were all happy. After all, he's been asleep for a long time.

After Lisa got stronger, Amy came back and checked up again and determined which tools could be removed because they were no longer needed.

We slowly recounted what happened after Lisa was unconscious. And within days, we loaded him with information when he was in a coma. Afterward, daddy Marco and sometimes Mr Yang, give us updates about the case. This was resolved as soon as possible, but because one of the victims of Jaejoong and Seungri's crime dared to report their actions, Jaejoong's case became even more complicated and deep.

"Can we provide video evidence of what they did?" asked Lisa, who was now much better. Currently, he is waiting for the schedule for his leg surgery which will most likely be done in the next 2-3 days.

"Hmm... It could be. That will be very strong evidence," Mr Yang answer.

"Okay, later I'll ask Jisoo to stop by my house to pick it up," Lisa said. "But tell the Prosecutor to try to get the maximum sentence possible on him and the others," he continued coldly. After waking up, Lisa is still often emotional when we talk about the incident. He always asked me how I was. And he always looks at me with a deep gaze. I don't know what he was thinking.

"Baby," I stroked his hand that I put on my lap. Right now, I lay beside him. Lisa asked me to do it. He shifted slightly and gave me a place to lie down. It's just the two of us because it's late at night, but we haven't slept yet.

"Hmm..." he answered me with a hum.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I often see you looking at me and seem in deep thought. What are you thinking?" I asked.

"......" Lisa just said nothing.

"Baby... Tell me what's on your mind," I said, grabbing his cheek and turning it to me so I could see his eyes.

"I... I'm so scared..." he said slowly. His voice was just above a whisper, but with our position, I could hear it clearly.

"What? What are you scared of?" I asked, a little surprised by the answer. I didn't expect it, and this is the first time I heard him say that he's scared. I looked in his eyes and, sure enough, I saw fear in them.

"I... The incident, what was planned to do to you... I... I'm afraid," he replied, and after swallowing, he continued. "I'm afraid that would happen. I'm afraid that I can't protect you. I'm afraid to see you hurt. I don't want you to be hurt. I'm so scared, Jennie... I'm afraid I won't have time. I'm afraid... I -"

I cut his rambling with a kiss on his lips. His lips are wet. Without realizing it he cried. Lisa is crying.

"Shh... Baby... I'm okay. I'm really okay," I pulled away and placed my forehead on his forehead. Oh, God. I really love this person. "You saved me, Lisa. You already protected me. Look at you now. You have taken care of me. You hurt because of me," This time, my throat has a lump after hearing his fear was my safety, and because of that he was injured.

"Baby," he kissed my lips. "I'm okay too. I'm even willing to give my life for you."

"Don't you dare!" I pulled myself suddenly made him a little surprised because my voice was slightly raised. "Listen to me, Manoban! Don't you dare to leave me! You must live. You will always live -"

"Okay, okay... Sorry," he pecks my lips. "I will live for you, with you. But you know what I mean. I'm willing to do anything for you because I really love you, Kim Jennie."

I smiled and then slowly leaned to kiss him. Our tears were forgotten. Automatically we opened our mouths at the same time and deepened our kisses. We make out at his hospital bed carefully not to hurt him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

STRANGERS By LVNA

Fanfiction

315K 10.8K 35
IX 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃 𝒏𝒊 𝒋𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do...
282K 4.7K 30
Bare in mind that this is a Fanfiction. Everything you read here are all imagination ;) No hate lets just support Includes *MATURED* content, read a...
463K 13.6K 46
VII 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒎 𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please res...
KISMET By LVNA

Fanfiction

336K 11.8K 40
XII 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 An original story from my wandering...