Beauty and the Beast (Book 2)

By LJ-Qyn

The continuation of Beauty and the Beast. Previously : Jennie is the daughter of one of Korea's most respecte... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 49

1.7K 41 3
By LJ-Qyn

JENNIE POV

"That's right," uncle Marco's words stopped because our food had arrived. After all the food had been placed on the table, no one touched it.

"I guess that's why you asked to have lunch with us," said uncle Marco, confused.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't hear about it. All I heard from Suppapong was Lisa threatening and challenging him," the Prime Minister said, looking at Lisa and then Suppapong.

"I don't know what Suppapong has told you. But I admit that I did challenge him and maybe a little bit threatening him. But I have a reason why I did it," Lisa said looking straight at the Prime Minister and then looking at Suppapong.

"Can you tell me your reason?" asked the Prime Minister.

Lisa then told him what happened as he told me but without quoting what Suppapong said about my private part.

"He said something really inappropriate about Jennie. And for me, it is an insult. Therefore I was angry and almost hit him if I wasn't held by Mr Yang and stopped by Jennie. I told him to never talk about her like that again, especially about the people who are important to me. This is probably where I could say was threatening him. I said I didn't care if he is the son of a Prime Minister because it was very inappropriate for a Prime Minister's son to say. And when he counters that he also didn't care that I'm a Manoban, I challenge him to try, and we'll see what happens. That's my challenge to him," Lisa explain, without even taking his eyes off the Prime Minister.

"I have heard what Suppapong said, I don't think it is appropriate for us to talk about it here. Maybe you can ask Suppapong personally," uncle Marco added.

"Of course I will ask him," the Prime Minister said, looking at his son, who did not dare to meet his father's gaze.

"I apologize for Lisa's words which seemed arrogant," uncle Marco said. "But I certainly will support the decisions and actions he will take regarding this matter. It is not about the physical violence he almost committed, nor about your son's assessment of the Manoban family. But because I was also very unhappy and offended by what Suppapong said and did to our family members," he continued, seriously.

I was touched because uncle Marco counted me as his family even though my status was just Lisa's girlfriend. Still his girlfriend.

The Prime Minister was silent and took consideration of what Lisa and Uncle Marco had said, and he seemed to be weighing something up.

"Of course, Mr Manoban. I also resent physical and verbal abuse. And I will not remain silent even if it is my own son who does it. I will ask Suppapong for a more detailed story about what he said later." The Prime Minister stared at his son, who still did not dare to meet his father's gaze.

"But above all, like the original intention today, I just want our good relationship not damaged because of this," the Prime Minister continued, smiling at uncle Marco.

"Of course, I also don't want our good relationship to lose. But I hope that something like this doesn't happen again," Uncle Macro answered firmly.

"Of course. I will not let this happen again," the Prime Minister said.

After that, he asked us to start lunch while talking about something else more modestly.

After a lunch that uncle Marco insisted to paid, the lunch was over, and I could breathe a sigh of relief. It seemed that Lisa was not in trouble because it was clear that the Prime Minister didn't want to become an enemy of the Manoban family and lose their support. Am I too worried?

.

.

"See you," uncle Marco escorted us to the car that would take us to the airport to return to Korea.

"Thank you, uncle." We all hugged Uncle Marco alternately.

"Thank you uncle for everything," I said while in his warm embrace.

"Please come again and bring your mother here too," he replied sweetly.

"I will. Uncle also has to visit Korea again," I said when I got out of his arms.

"Right, when did you come to Korea again, uncle?" Rosie asked.

"I still don't know. But of course, I'll be there, and I'll visit you," uncle Marco said with a warm smile.

"See you, dad. Please take care," Lisa said when it was his turn to hug his father.

"I will. And you also take care of yourself, especially take care of Jennie and of course your brother and sisters," uncle Marco said, looking at Lisa seriously and hinting at us.

"Don't worry. I will," Lisa answered with a bright smile.

"Good," uncle Marco smiled back. "Okay then. Goodbye. Safe flight and come here whenever you want. This place is also your home," he continued.

"Thank you, uncle. Bye," we replied and got into the car.

.

.

We returned to Korea on Lisa's jet that we used to from Korea to Thailand. And almost 4 hours later we have landed at Incheon Airport. We went out through the VVIP door at the back and were immediately greeted by Lisa's Black Van, who was waiting for us, accompanied by a black sedan behind it that would be used by Lisa's bodyguard who was currently standing in front of the car.

We stopped by for dinner first together before taking our best friend home, and finally, Lisa took me home. When we got home, mom greeted us with a smile.

"Hello, sweetheart. Woah, look at your skin. You seem to have a lot of fun," my mom said looking me up and down with her hands on my shoulders and hugged me.

"Hi, mom," I said while returning her hug and kissing her cheek.

He let me out of his arms to hug Lisa.

"Hi, Lisa, welcome home," she said, hugging Lisa.

"Hi, aunty. How were your days?" he asked when he hugged mom back.

"Of course it's not as fun as your days," Mom said, smiling at Lisa.

"Then next time Aunty has to go to Thailand. Dad also hopes you can take a vacation there," Lisa said, making mom smile broadly.

"Of course, It will be my pleasure. We will next time," Mom replied. "​​Have you eaten?" Mom continued, taking us to the living room, and we sat on the couch.

"Done already, we stopped by for dinner first with the others," Lisa answered.

We then talked briefly about our vacation, and mom told us about her days while we were drinking tea until Lisa has to go home because it was late. We escort him to the front of his waiting car. Mom hugged Lisa and they exchanged good night before mom left me and gave me time with Lisa.

"Be careful and let me know when you get home," I said, hugging his waist. He hugged me tightly back then kissed my forehead.

"I will. Oh, I'm gonna miss you," he said with his eyes sparkling mischievously. I know what he means. During these 20 days, we slept in the same bed and always woke up feeling each other's warmth. Now we have to go back to our bed separately. I will also miss sleeping in his arms.

"Me too," I replied in a whisper.

"Someday, it will become our daily life," he whispered, then kissed my forehead once again that made me smile. "Good night, baby."

"Good night, baby," I replied, and he kissed me on the lips for a moment longer, then let me out of his arms and walked backward without taking his eyes off me until he got into his car. I stood until the car came out of the gate of my house. And now I miss him.

.

.

We make the best of the remaining 10 days of semester breaks. Every day I spend time with our best friends, but of course the most with Lisa. We take a walk in the mall, the zoo, or when we are lazy, we just relax at my house or his house. We even flew to Japan one day with Lisa's private jet and continued with the Manoban Group helicopter just because Rosie wanted to eat king crab and sushi. So we ended up eating snow crab, fugu sashimi, and others. All-day long, we just walk around and especially culinary tours and return at night. While in there, Lisa showed us his house because we wanted to know. After all, he no longer lived in his childhood neighborhood, which the same area with Jisoo and Rosie. His mansion in Japan looks as big as the one in Korea in the elite neighborhood, which can be seen from the houses around them. And it seems typical of the Manoban family's taste, they choose a place to live away from the crowd and have a beautiful environment with shady trees.

That's our vacation before entering the 4th semester, which will start tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 13.6K 46
VII 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒎 𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please res...
263K 6.1K 28
Lisa lost her parents after she graduated college, all their wealth was taken by his mother's step brother and wasted all of it on gambling. Leaving...
164K 6.7K 47
XIII 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊 𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒕, 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒘 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect...
379K 12.8K 46
X 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒚 𝒏𝒂 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do not ad...