Beauty and the Beast (Book 2)

By LJ-Qyn

The continuation of Beauty and the Beast. Previously : Jennie is the daughter of one of Korea's most respecte... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 29

2.3K 49 4
By LJ-Qyn

JENNIE POV

"Lisa?!"

We stopped and turned to the person who had called Lisa. She ran a little closer to us.

"Hi. Lisa! You remember me?" she asked enthusiastically. I know who she is. She was a student at Seoul High School.

Lisa just stared at her. His eyebrows lifted with an expression that looked like he was trying to remember.

"It's me, Nancy, your classmate at SHS," she said with a cheerful voice and a sweet smile. It was obvious that she was trying to flirt with Lisa.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't know many kids at SHS before. As far as I remember, my friends were only Jennie and Irene. Well, even though I remember some kids but I'm sure I never saw you," Lisa replied flatly. I wanted to laugh at Nancy's expression, who momentarily seemed slapped but immediately returned a fake smile.

"Ah, Lisa. I am sure -"

"Sorry. But we have a class so... Bye um... Lucy," Lisa cut her off and immediately pulled me slowly to walk away from Nancy.

"It's Nancy, Lisa. I know you will remember me," Nancy exclaimed as we walked away. Ugh is this what Lisa faced in the past?

"Lisa..." I touched his hand gently.

"Yup. There they are. Nancy must have thought I was a Manoban." He said, looking at me with a smile that didn't even reach his eyes. He didn't like this. Who likes fakes people?

I smiled back and rubbed my hand on his arm, trying to comfort him.

"Don't worry. I don't care about other people. I have you, Jisoo, Rosie, Irene, and Seulgi here. Oh, and Ailee too. That's enough for me," he said sincerely.

"Yes. You have us," I replied.

.

.

The class has started, and we are taking the back seats. Earlier, when we walked into our classroom, the same incident with Nancy had happened many times. Many children who used to be SHS children and only looked at Lisa ventured to say hello. There are even some who unabashedly call themselves Lisa's friends in SHS. Even though they were the ones I heard about demean Lisa's status by saying he was a poor child who entered SHS by receiving a scholarship. Hell, so what about the child who received the scholarship. There were also some students that I didn't know before that dared to introduce themselves to Lisa. The men held out their hands as if they were important, while the women were clearly trying to get his attention.

Lisa politely shook their hands but not the girls who clearly had any other meaning. He politely just nods at the girls and tightens his arm on me.

There was also someone who immediately asked Lisa to confirm the truth that he was Manoban's only child who was mentioned. And what is Lisa's comment? He just looked at the boy and just smiled a little, and left him. Call him rude. But they are far from self-conscious by secretly taking pictures of Lisa. Yes. I saw many of them who picked up their cellphones pretending to do something. I almost got to them and scold them if Lisa was not stopped me by holding my hand firmly and shake his head telling me 'don't'. This whole time, I just took a deep breath to calm my self down.

Arriving in our class, all eyes look at us and do not look away until we sit at our places. Even after that, they were clearly looking at us and talking to their friends. I know they gossiping. Lisa just sat quietly until the professor entered, and the class began to force them to look away.

After class, it's time for lunch. The situation did not get better, it was even worse. Many students from other faculties have come to our building just to see Lisa and are now clearly taking photos or videos of him. The atmosphere was similar to that of a famous artist who appeared. It can't be helped, the news about Lisa was quite shocking even for commoners who weren't involved in the business world. Because after all, he is the lost generation of the most influential family from Thailand and moreover, the only successor of the most powerful company that renowned internationally.

Lisa pulled me back to class because the atmosphere ahead was quite chaotic. He closed the door and locked that door, which was empty because we were deliberately going out after the last student left the classroom. He took a deep breath before picking up his cellphone.

"Uncle Yang. Please," He just said those words without saying hello before, then hung off his cellphone after saying thank you.

"Sorry, Jen," he said to me. He walked over to me. I leaned against the front desk as he called Mr Yang. He took my hand and held it.

"Why are you sorry for, Lisa?" I asked. Even though I thought what he would say.

"Things got messy. I didn't think the people here would be this aggressive," he said, shaking his head.

"Well," I just shrugged. "So this is worse than you used to deal with?" I asked.

"Hmm... It used to be just like Nancy and the others who suddenly became my friend. But now I feel like a strange person," he said with a small smile. I know he doesn't enjoy all this attention. He was just trying to be calm about this.

"In my opinion, not a strange person. But you are like a famous KPop artist," I said.

"And you get dragged along," he replied.

"It's okay, Lisa," I replied, rubbing his hand.

"I know you don't like things like this yourself, Jennie. Not to mention about the bodyguard that you have to deal with, then now with people like this," he said sadly.

"Hey," I put my hand on his cheek. "Don't worry. I understand. Regarding bodyguards, we agreed that only Mr Yang and I understood it. When it comes to people out there, that's not what you want either, Lisa. But as you said, we can't avoid it. Calm down, we will face it together," I said.

"Thank you, baby," he replied, then kissed the back of my hand.

The classroom door was knocked softly, and Lisa walked over to it.

"Who?" he said before opening the door.

"It's me," replied the person. Heard the voice, Lisa without hesitation unlocked the door and opened it showing Mr Yang standing in front and several figures of people in black suits turned their backs to Mr Yang. Lisa's bodyguard.

Mr Yang entered and closed the door behind him. He didn't lock it, confident that the bodyguards at the front were able not to let anyone pass.

"I've called Dean, and he will be here soon," Mr Yang said.

Before Lisa answered, there was another knock on the door. Mr Yang opened the door and allowed the Dean to enter.

"Good afternoon," said the Dean as soon as he entered. "I'm sorry Mr Manoban -"

"Please call me Lisa." Lisa interrupted the Dean.

"Oh, Okay... umm... Lisa... I apologize in advance for this unexpected situation," he said politely. Neither of us bothered to sit down. We all stood at our places. I stand next to Lisa at the front table. Mr Yang was standing beside Lisa a little way back from the door. Meanwhile, the Dean stood closer in front of us.

"Neither of us expected this to happen," Lisa replied, indicating that this was not the Dean's fault. "In fact, I have to apologize, because I bother you with this situation," he continued.

"No, No, Of course, it won't be a bother because no matter what, this is my job," Dean replied immediately. Either he is dedicated or just a sycophant. Lisa didn't flinch and showed no reaction. He looked calm. Then he just nodded, signaling the Dean to continue.

"I'll deal with this immediately. I will make an announcement that I will deliver directly to warn them not to make a fuss like this and will exclude anyone who does," He explained proudly.

"... I don't think you need to kick out anyone," Lisa said with furrowed brows. It was clear that he was annoyed by what Dean had said. And of course, I agree. Why do we have to get someone expelled because of this incident? "I would only be very grateful if you could allow some campus security to help us deal with this crowd. I don't want to add bodyguards to be in the campus area. And I think this will only happen for a moment. After this news subsides, I'm sure there won't be another incident like this," he continued.

"Oh... um... yes, of course. Of course, we will have security in hand and will not exclude anyone. But I guess we still have to say something to the students... um... so they... um... can give... understanding?" said Dean doubtfully. He seemed very nervous trying to correct his little mistake.

"If that's what you think can help. I will be grateful." Lisa answered after thinking for a while to make the Dean's nervousness disappear and smiled proudly. Somehow I didn't like the head of this University, who was short, with a fat stomach and half bald hair.

"Good. Then I think I better do it right away?" he said again with a questioning tone.

"Thank you," Lisa answered.

The bald Dean immediately reached out and shook Lisa's hand enthusiastically than he also shook mine and Mr Yang's hand before he goes out.

"Charismatic person," said Mr Yang as soon as the Dean went out, and we laughed. Well, me and Mr Yang while Lisa just smiled.

"I've never met him and did not think that he was um... like that" Mr Yang continued by raising his hand over his head in his hair. We laughed again.

"Well, uncle. You'll be like that later when you get a little older," Lisa said with a smile.

"Wow. Will not. See, I always take care of myself. I've never missed taking hair vitamins," Mr Yang replied, and again we laughed. It's actually not good to laugh at other people, especially the older ones who are the head of your University, but with his attitude that is clearly like a sycophant, well, it can't be said that we like him.

After a few moments of waiting while chatting, the door was knocked again, and Mr Yang opened the door and accepted the package sent. Because of this incident, we decided not to go to the cafeteria because something like this would definitely happen. We asked one of Lisa's bodyguards to buy food at the cafeteria for us to eat together in this classroom with Mr Yang. Lisa had asked the guards who were standing at the door to take turns eating.

We eat while chatting at one of the tables in the classroom. After that, we just spent time there until someone else knocked on the door, and Mr Yang beckoned us out. Outside, the crowd is not as extreme as before, maybe because some have already had a class or have lunch or are bored, I hope. We are now able to walk because some of the University security has cleared the way. We walked towards our classroom, surrounded by Lisa's bodyguards with Mr Yang in front of us.

When we got to class, Mr Yang and Lisa's bodyguards along with the University security, left us even though I knew some were on guard at the front. When we entered, the professor was already inside and told us to sit down. He seemed to have been informed about this. Thank God he's already in the classroom because no one would dare to enter, and our classmates just stare at us. Again, I and Lisa took at the very back seats.

After our lecture was over, we remained in the classroom, and Mr Yang went back inside to inform us that the crowd was much less than before. It didn't take long for the classroom door to open wide, and we looked at the people who entered.

"Phew. This is where our new artist is," Jisoo said pretending to wipe the sweat on her forehead.

"Finally you guys arrived," Lisa said.

"We just finished class, and we certainly didn't want our way through the crowd this afternoon," Rosie answered cheerfully. For the next class, I was in the same class as Rosie. Meanwhile, Lisa and Jisoo are in different classes.

"You know that you've become a trending topic?" Jisoo asked while taking out her cellphone. She then showed us several news portals and SNS which showed some news about the only child of the Manoban family, some wrote about the Manoban family heir, some even wrote The Royal Manoban was in South Korea, and so on. Lisa's own photo has been circulating. Everything I know was taken today at the campus area. Surely, those who had snatched Lisa's photo earlier had sold it out. No wonder this afternoon was like that.

"And look at this," Jisoo continued. She opened one of the news where there was a photo of me beside Lisa. The contents of the news asked who I was and what was my relationship with Lisa. Ugh...

"Sorry, Jennie," said Lisa. He looked at me doubtfully and sadly.

"Why? Shouldn't I be proud?" I replied with a giggle covering my nervousness. I don't like being exposed so I understand Lisa's feelings. But as he is willing to go through all of this to help me, I am willing to be for him too.

"I know you're not like that," said Lisa, and he tried to smile.

"Aish... Never mind. Everything has happened. Like it or not, we have to be known. Remember next week, the event?" Jisoo said while removing her cellphone from us and putting it in her pocket.

"What event?" I asked confused.

"You don't know yet?" Rosie asked. Well, it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know.

"No," I replied.

"Next week, the annual event of the Korean businessmen association," replied Rosie.

"Oh. I didn't realize that it will be held next week." I knew that event will be held. But due to recent events, I can't remember any important dates and days.

The annual business association event in Korea is an event that is always held annually under the auspices of the South Korean Businessmen's Association to give appreciation to entrepreneurs who have achieved their best performance, who have provided breakthroughs, and other things. Besides, the event is also an opportunity for entrepreneurs to mutually cooperate with each other and attract investors to start-up businesses. Besides, the event also provides an opportunity for old entrepreneurs to introduce their heirs or business successors to other entrepreneurs to provide opportunities for young successors to learn.

"Are you coming?" I asked.

"Yup. Dad had asked me to come from last year, but I refused. So now is the time," Jisoo replied indifferently. As the successor to the Kim Tech and industrial, of course, this will happen.

"Me too," Rosie replied with a long sigh. "Dara unnie doesn't want to be a successor, she said she still enjoys her time as a teacher and will only help me later," she said. "If not I will hang her," she continued making us giggle.

"So Dara unnie is still teaching at High School?" I asked.

"Yes. She is currently teaching in Australia, but she has to come here next week. Dad will introduce us both. I told him that I don't want it alone," Rosie replied. " Are you coming, Jennie?" she asked.

"Mom hasn't said anything yet. So I still don't know," I replied.

"Of course you will," Lisa said confidently.

"Why can you be sure? Did mom tell you?" I asked, looking at him suspiciously. Did she tell him earlier?

"No. Auntie didn't mention it. But even though she won't introduce you yet, you still have to come to the event," he replied.

"Why?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Of course as my date," he replied cheerfully.

"What? You will also attend?" I asked in surprise.

"Of course. With my revealing as a Manoban, they would look forward to my presence. And of course, dad will also come," he replied casually. "So you have to come as my date," he continued with a smile.

"I... I never heard that we should be present with a date," I said after overcoming my surprise.

"For me, it is necessary. Because I want the world to know that Kim Jennie is my girlfriend," he replied, making my mouth open and realized when Lisa laughed. Then I hit his upper arm many times. Jisoo and Rosie laughed at us.

"Don't be kidding," I said, hitting him.

"I'm not kidding," he replied between laughter, trying to protect his arm. After I stopped, I was pouting.

"I'm not kidding, Jennie," he said again after his laughter subsided. "There will definitely be crowded by the media. After yesterday's disclosure, I'm sure they would have anticipated my and dad's presence because after all, we are one of the investors in Korea, and the Korean Businessmen Association invited us to come to the event. And I want you to come with me. Like I said earlier, I want the world to know that Kim Jennie is taken," he said seriously this time. I looked into his eyes which looked at me deeply and made me blush a lot because of his lovely gaze and words.

"EHHMM..." Jisoo interrupted us. It made me realize that we weren't alone here. "Love birds. I feel nauseous and want to throw up when I see you," she said, hitting Lisa's upper arm hard.

"Aww... Jisoo" Lisa protested while holding his arm. I know it hurt him.

"Why?" Jisoo challenges while jokingly glare at Lisa.

"Just find your own dates. Don't bother me and Jennie," Lisa said.

"What?" Jisoo pretended to be surprised.

"Aish... Kids," Rosie raised her hands in the air. "Come on, Jennie, let's just leave these kids," she continued as she put her arm around me and pulled me out of the classroom to go to our class.

"Rosie! Give Jennie back! " We hear Lisa's cry before closing the door behind us. Rosie giggled as she tugged me. The hallway was not as busy as before, but there was still a crowd, and Campus security with Lisa's bodyguards helped pave the way for us. However, since Lisa wasn't with us, Rosie and I could easily pass. Before long, I felt someone following us from behind, and I turned my head to take a look.

Mr Yang walked behind us and stepped away a little for some distance

"Mr Yang?" I called out to him in surprise.

"Yes?" he asked approaching us.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm in charge of guard you," he also replied in surprise because I asked.

"Oh, I thought you have to guard Lisa at a situation like this," I replied.

"Of course not. Lisa has assigned me to guard you, so here I am," he answered me cheerfully.

"But isn't Lisa the one who needs guard at this time?" I asked again.

"No. Of course not. He can take care of himself. Besides, he will hang me if I don't guard you well. Especially if something happens to you, he might kill me," he said seriously. I could tell he was kidding because the gleam in his eyes didn't keep up with his face, which was made as serious as possible.

I just smiled and shook my head in disbelief, then walked back together with Rosie.

"You don't believe me? Lisa will really kill me if there is something with you," he said from behind us, and I just laughed.

"He probably won't kill you, Mr Yang. But I'm sure Lisa will beat you up and make your life miserable," said Rosie beside me while laughing, making me stare at her. "That's what might happen," she continued. I just laughed along and shook my head.

"Well, that's right, Jennie," he said again while winking at me. "I'm sure that's what Lisa will do," he continued, and I stopped my laughter and raised my eyebrows.

"It's true. I will definitely get into trouble for it. I know how Lisa is," he said again by nodding his head many times to convince his words. I saw the truth in his eyes then immediately turned away my gaze to cover my face that was flushed from blushing. Rosie saw it and laughed, teasing me.

We walked with him, who kept teasing me all the way to our class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 68.7K 64
The stunningly beautiful bride, Jennie Kim whom everyone desires is in an arranged marriage with a young billionaire, her childhood sweetheart. She i...
164K 6.7K 47
XIII 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊 𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒕, 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒘 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect...
889K 26.7K 56
IV 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓, 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do not adapt and rep...
DEAR L By LVNA

Fanfiction

308K 10.8K 45
XI 𝒅𝒋 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂, 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒊 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕? My original story. Please respect and do not adapt and republish. LISA G!P Started: Oct. 12...