Beauty and the Beast (Book 2)

By LJ-Qyn

The continuation of Beauty and the Beast. Previously : Jennie is the daughter of one of Korea's most respecte... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 26

2.3K 65 0
By LJ-Qyn

JENNIE POV

"Mo... mom?" I didn't dare to see her. I knew she was standing in front of my room with the door open behind her. I know she saw us. My position straddling him on the edge of my bed while making out was not a sight that my mother thought.

"... Auntie," Lisa greeted her. I was amazed that his voice didn't shake. He also didn't look at mom because at this time, he was looking at me, who was also looking at him. Then I saw a glimpse of something in his eyes, and he turned his gaze away from me to face Mom. "Good evening, Auntie," he said, in a firmer, smiling voice. I know he's nervous.

Because I didn't listen to mom's voice. She didn't move or respond. Finally, slowly I ventured to look at her.

Mom was standing still in where she found us. Her face didn't look surprised, maybe she had overcome it. But now, her face was flat. She stared at us in turn. Then dropped her gaze at me when she said, "you guys come with me," then turned and walked out of the room.

Lisa and I looked at each other. He took my hand and smiled as if he wanted to calm me down. But I know he's nervous too. I can see it even though he tries to cover it up.

We followed Mom out of my room and into her study. She left the door open for us to entered. Lisa closed the door after we come in.

"Sit down," Mom pointed at the couch near her desk where she's been sitting there waiting for us. We sat on the sofa in front of her. Mom looked at us with a serious face. This silence was awkward. Neither of us spoke.

"Auntie -" Lisa dared to break the silence, but mom stopped him with her raised hand.

"Is it because of this, Jennie?" Mom asked me. I lifted my face and stared at her in confusion. What does mom mean? She seemed to understand my confusion as she opened her briefcase and took out a familiar-looking envelope. She opened the envelope and pulled out the white paper that had the letterhead of one of the hospitals. My eyes widened because I knew what it was.

"How can you find it?" I asked. Lisa looked at me in confusion.

"I found it in your room yesterday. But haven't had time to talk to you. Today I come home from work straight to your room to ask you about this. But it looks like I've got the answer," she said as she put the document on the table in front of us. She glared at Lisa, who looked back at her with a confused look. "So since when have you done it and how many times?" asked mom flatly.

"Sorry, auntie -"

"Mom!" I cut Lisa because he doesn't know.

"Are you serious about Jennie, Lisa?" mom asked ignoring me at all.

"Of course, auntie," Lisa said firmly, even though he still looked confused. Hearing his steady answer I blushed, but,

"Mom -" she raised her hand at me without looking at me to stop me from speaking. She continued to look at Lisa seriously.

"Sorry, I know you are trying to help with our company's problems, and I am very grateful for it. But for this matter, I, as Jennie's parent, can't just stand there. I just wanted to make sure you didn't mess with Jennie. I don't want you to have sex without understanding the consequences and not looking forward. You are young. Still 19th and 20th. I don't want just because Jennie does birth control, you guys are careless and irresponsible," she said, pointing to the paper earlier.

Lisa looked at the paper on the table. He intended to grab it, but before he could, I grab it first.

"Mom! It's not what you think. I don't... it's not because of Lisa. We don't... Lisa don't..." Ugh, how should I put it? I don't want Mom to misjudge Lisa. I didn't do it because of him. This... I... I... "I did it because I was scared... Again, this is not what you think. Lisa is not like what you said. I did this because of Jaejoong."

"What do you mean?" mom asked, surprised. "Jaejoong? You... you did it with Jaejoong?" she asked, her face now a little pale and incredulous. Not like when she found me with Lisa earlier.

"No mom. I never do that. I've never had sex with him. It's just... it's just..." Lisa seems to have started to follow what happened. He took my hand and held it tightly.

"Jennie..." he called softly. I looked at him, and he knew. I know he knows what the paper is. He knows what I did and why I did it. I know he knows. Understanding shone in his eyes. He also looked at me with a look asking, 'Are you sure?'. I know what it means. I'm sure I'll tell Mom. This, of course, will hurt mom and make her sad. But I didn't want Mom to look at Lisa like that. Not responsible. I didn't want Mom to see our relationship like that... But what is my relationship status with Lisa? Yes, we love each other, but is he my boyfriend? We're not official yet.

"What do you mean, Jennie?" Mom asked again impatiently, and her voice was a little panicked.

"I think you need to talk in private. I'll go home first," Lisa said. From his face, it was clear he was experiencing a dilemma. He wanted to hold my hand with me to strengthen me as I explained what Jaejoong was done, but on the other hand, he wanted to give me time and space to explain to mom. And he decided the second option was more appropriate. I respect his decision even though I actually want him here, by my side. I didn't want him to leave. But maybe his decision was right. I will be able to talk more freely with mom. Mom also can respond freely.

"Okay," I said to him. He said goodbye to mom, who let him and made me surprised by kissing my forehead in front of mom before he left. I was going to escort him to the front door, but he refused, said there was something more important waiting for me. So I just escorted him to mom's study door.

I took a deep breath before closing the door and turned back to sit in front of my mom, who was a little impatient waiting for me.

"So? Tell me," she said as I sat down.

"What you see on the paper is true. I have done birth control. But not because of Lisa. It's not like what you told him. We... Me and Lisa, he's not the reason why I do birth control. Lisa is not that kind of person, mom. You also know how he is. I... this... I decided to do birth control because of Jaejoong. He... he... I was afraid that he will force me to do it." I then told mom from the start what Jaejoong did to me. From that video to the time Lisa and the others saved me at Jaejoong's house. I also told her about Jaejoong's threat and how Lisa found out. Purchased shares of our company, and have ensured that the video has not been spread and will not be spread. I told her everything without detail about how the video was, how Jaejoong did it in that empty classroom, and didn't go into details that I didn't remember from that night at his house. Of course, I did not tell it clearly, only as needed, the important thing is for her to know. You can imagine how horrible this is for her.

Mom has moved to sit next to me since I told her about the video. She held my hand and wiped my tears and her tears away. Even though Lisa has replaced all Jaejoong's touches to me, still, the memory of what he does remains lingering, especially when I have to dig into that memory to tell her. It didn't hurt as much as before, and I can do this all because of Lisa.

Mom pulled me in her arms, and we both cried. She didn't say anything, just cried. She just stroked my hair and said, "It's okay", "You'll be okay", "I'm sorry" and "you'll be fine". She also asked me to tell her and not to keep things like this from her. Because we will definitely think of a way out. We hugged for a few moments, she hugged and kissed my head then let me go.

"Luckily, there is Lisa. Oh... how grateful I am," she said in a trembling voice. Yes mom, I am also grateful to have Lisa. I am very grateful.

"Yes, fortunately, there is Lisa. Also Jisoo, Rosie, and Irene," I said and then remembered about my mother, who was not surprised by Lisa's disclosure. "Since when did you know that Lisa is a Manoban?"

"When he asked permission so you could stay at Jisoo's house. He comes here at night and asks my permission and apologizes because you didn't say it yourself because you fell asleep after drinking too much at Jaejoong's party. He even gave me Jisoo's number and home address. I almost wanted to call Jisoo, but seeing Lisa, I knew he could be trusted. Then after that, he told about himself and his plans. I was surprised, didn't think he is a Manoban, and planned to buy our shares from Kim Inc. He also said Manoban Group's collaboration with Kim Inc regarding our problematic project. And will discuss it as soon as the share purchase is over. But I didn't think that it turned out that this problem was not an ordinary problem, but was used by Jaejoong to threaten you," mom said in a tone full of resentment and hatred when she mentioned Jaejoong's name.

"I don't want you to be in contact with him anymore. I will never let him approach you again," she continued.

"I don't want either, mom. I don't want to be around him anymore. I ended my relationship this morning. In fact, I already considered our relationship ended since his bad deed," I said, then I told her about what happened this morning on campus. She took a deep breath but relaxed a little.

"I'm glad Lisa is back," she said simply. And I nodded. Of course, I'm also glad he's back.

After we talked about a few more things, she told me to rest. So after kissing her cheek and saying goodnight, I returned to my room. Before I take a shower, I reach for my cellphone and see a message from Lisa.

From: Lisa

Hey. I've arrived home. When your conversation is over, let me know. But if you are tired, sleep right away

I type to reply to his message.

To: Lisa

Hi. I just finished. You have taken a bath? I'll take a shower first. I'll call when I've done

Then I put my cell phone on the table without waiting for his reply and immediately went to the bathroom to quickly clean up. After drying myself off and changing my clothes, I took my cell phone and lay down on the bed.

No reply from Lisa. Is he showering? Is he sleeping? I bit my lips, wondering if I should just call? Then after a while, I decided to press the call button on his number.

I was about to hang up the phone because, until the 5th ring, he didn't pick up.

"Jennie?" I nearly hung off the phone. His voice was hoarse.

"Oh, sorry Lisa, are you sleeping?" I said.

"Nah, It is okay. I'm sorry for overslept," he said, sounding as if he was moving then cleared his dry throat.

"It's okay, Lisa, you're tired because you didn't sleep yesterday. Go back to sleep," I said softly.

"No, I wake up now," from the fainted shuffling sound behind him, I know he tried to get up.

"Lisa -"

"It's really okay, Jennie. How? Are you alright? Is your mom okay? How is her response?" he asked. I can't help but smile because he really cares about me, and he even cares about mom's feelings.

"Yeah. I'm fine, and all is well. Thank goodness my mom also responded well, only earlier got annoyed and angry when she heard it. But after that, it's all okay. Sorry, mom talked to you like that," I said.

"No, Jen. I understand, as a parent, she must be worried," he said, and I could tell he was smiling.

"Yes. Luckily it didn't make her have a heartache," I said.

"Hmm..." Lisa hums. "But you are really okay, right? Um... After remembering..." he was hesitant and attentive.

"I'm okay now. Much better. Thanks to you," I said. He was silent, but I could hear him moving again on the bed.

"I Love you, Jennie," he suddenly said after being silent for a while.

"I Love you too, Lisa," I said could not stop my smile. "Go to sleep again," I continued when I heard his breathing begin to regulate.

"Hmm..." he just hums.

"Okay. Sweet dream. Good night Lisa," I said.

"Night Jennie" he replied.

I was about to hang up when I heard him calling me again.

"Yes, Lisa?" I asked

"Don't turn off the phone. Let it on," he said.

"But you won't sleep well," I said.

"No... I'll sleep better because it feels like you are by my side," he said, and I blushed. Luckily he couldn't see me.

"Okay," I finally said, then hit the loudspeaker and put my cellphone on the pillow next to me.

"Love... you Jen..." he said in a low voice that sounded like he was about to fall asleep.

"Love you, Lisa," I answered, and he didn't say anything else. I can hear his regular breathing. He must have fallen asleep. I smiled at my cellphone and closed my eyes, and imagined he was by my side.

.

.

The next day, I was surprised because Lisa came so early, even before breakfast time. We have class this afternoon so he shouldn't need to come to get me before 9 o'clock.

"Why did you come so early, Lisa?" I asked when I was told he was downstairs. He didn't tell me first either.

"Good morning Jennie," he said with a smile. He stood up from the couch in the living room where he was waiting for me, then came over to me and took my hand and kissed the back of it. Why is he like this? I blushed instantly. But it doesn't stop there. He took out the flower hidden behind his back with his left hand. A bunch of red roses. I remember the first time he was invited by my mother to have dinner at home when we were still in high school, he came with a bunch of yellow roses. I couldn't help but smile shyly and grab the flower and smell it. It smells so refreshing.

"Thank you," I said after kissing the flower bouquet. "But what is this for?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said with a shrug.

"Hello, Lisa. Good morning," said my mom who had just come down.

"Good morning auntie," Lisa replied, smiling at mom. Mom pulled Lisa in her arms.

"You have class this morning?" mom asked after she let him go of her hug.

"Our class only starts at 10," he replied.

"Oh. Then what made you come so early?" asked mom.

"I need to talk to you, auntie. That's why I came in the morning before you left for work," he replied. We just look at him confusedly.

"Okay, then let's talk while we eat. You haven't had breakfast, have you?" mom asked.

"It's okay, I'll wait for you to finish breakfast. Sorry to disturb you in the morning," he said.

"Aish Lisa, don't hesitate. I already consider you like my own son. Let's have breakfast together, then we'll talk," Mom replied and pulled Lisa into the dining room. I caught up with them after putting the roses into the vase.

When I arrived at the dining table, the food was already served on the table. They are talking about business. When he saw me, Lisa stood up and pulled me a chair to sit next to him. I sat down saying 'thank you' in a small voice. Mom smiled at us.

After eating, we remained in the dining room. The food on the table has been cleared and replaced with coffee and tea.

"So what do you want to talk about, Lisa?" mom asked as she sipped her coffee.

"I know you already knows about Jennie and Jaejoong," Lisa started, and mom just nodded. I was curious about what Lisa wanted to tell her.

"I came here to ask permission from you, auntie. I know your worries especially, after what Jaejoong did to Jennie. If auntie allows me, I promise to take care of Jennie and will not allow anyone to hurt her. I love Jennie. I know we are still young as you said yesterday, and I understand your worries. But I'm really serious about Jennie, and she will always be in the future that I imagine and plan." I felt my vision blurred when I saw Lisa take out the box from the pocket of his pants.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 21.2K 45
VIII 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒋𝒖𝒅𝒆 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do not adapt and republ...
666K 20.2K 44
V 𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒕, 𝒊𝒌𝒂𝒘 𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒂 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respe...
182K 5.3K 39
Bare in mind that this is a Fanfiction. Everything you read here are all imagination ;) No hate lets just support Includes *MATURED* content, read a...
2M 70.6K 64
The stunningly beautiful bride, Jennie Kim whom everyone desires is in an arranged marriage with a young billionaire, her childhood sweetheart. She i...