The Secret's Out

I'm trying a new paragraph set up or style or whatever you call it. Let me know what you think.

This isn't a part of that mini series I wrote about the Terf Wars, just a completely different oneshot :)

~~~~

"This man will be the end of us," Ren groaned. Heads still fuzzy from the recent teleport, the Resistance members leaned against the walls of the strange room.

Grian fell back, his shoulder jamming into the wall. Letting out a sharp cry, he rubbed his pained arm and surveyed the area. "This- this is not the Headquarters."

~~

Hunger bar slowing dipping down from all the pacing he was doing, Grian paused to take a bite of bread. Even though HEP had them in jail, they weren't cruel enough to take away food. Not yet, that was.

Grian was still in shock of what had happened. Bdubs and Scar had somehow transported their ender pearls into a jail cell without them touching anything. If those pearls had even grazed a block, the entire Resistance would've been teleported into the pipe where the pearls were and probably would have died from suffocation.

And yet, Bdubs had managed to pull it off. Grian could almost chuckle at how talented he really was.

Almost.

They were all trapped in a dirty stone cell, which smelled of mold and mildew. Bright lights shown down from the ceiling, and there was a small window that was perfect for peeking through. Scar would often come to watch the Resistance members, but just to watch. Some people, like Cub or Keralis, would walk by and laugh.

So many people trapped in one tiny cell was not enjoyable. Ren was claustrophobic, and he often gasped for air, pushed away from the rest of them. Xb was optimistic, trying to convince everyone that it would be okay, that they'd get out eventually. Impulse was quiet and closed off. Etho was curled up in the corner of the cell, dark wet tears running down his mask.

Grian was pacing, unable to control his fear. They had managed to dodge and weave HEP until now. (Bdubs was a madman) But now- what would they do now? Wait patiently to be arrested, and eventually executed? Taking a deep breath, Grian slid down to the floor beside the crying Etho.

"What are we going to do Grian?" Doc grumbled. Grian looked up, his tired eyes threatening to close. "I-" Ren stood up angrily and pointed a shaky finger at Doc. "This is all your fault! You're the one that made those- traps! I almost died in one, and you just angered HEP even more with them! We're here because of you, Scar put us here because he wanted revenge for those stupid traps!"

"How dare you- I AM HELPING YOU-" Doc yelled, his deep voice echoing through the cage. Grian rose to his feet, realizing he might have a fistfight on his hands. "Guys! Please-" Grian motioned towards Etho, whose pale cheeks and dark mask were wet and sticky with tears.

Ren and Doc slowly backed away from each other and down to the floor. "What- what are we gonna do?" Impulse stammered. Before Grian could say anything, there was a low meow from outside of the small window.

"Everyone- hush!"

A distinct smirk appeared in front of the barred hole in the wall. "Heeeello, former members of the former Mycelium Resistance! How's it going?" Scar flashed a deceiving grin, and Grian stepped up to the window. "What do you want from us Scar? We've stayed in your little prison long enough. Tell us your plans, at least."

Scar leaned down to scoop up Jellie. Stroking the striped cat, he laughed. "You'll be taken out of this wretched prison soon enough. Until then, you have nothing to worry about! Just sit tight, relax, I don't care. Just be patient, my friends, and everything will be alright."

Stepping back, Scar turned around to leave.

"Wait!"

Scar turned back, his face amused. Etho rose quickly, staggering slightly before grabbing the cold metal bars on the window. Grian sucked in a breath and gaped at Etho. What was he doing?

"If I- if I join HEP. Will you let me out?"

~~~~

pt 2?