The Beast

@OdalRune314 for iNsPiRiNg me to write a Hermitcraft fanfiction because I read hers and I liked it a lot. Go check her out, she has some amazing stories!

Tango flew into the opening of Decked Out, ready to work. He had had some complaints from several hermits about problems that were happening. He had assured them that they were just little kinks that would be worked out promptly.

He sighed as he flew around the map, trying to find the holes that Grian keeps falling in to. If anyone were to fall into the redstone and break anything, the entire game could get messed up.

Tango stood completely still as heard the distinct sound of a piston. He knew he had put an "Under Management" sign up before entering the map. He silently swooped down to the door and crept closer, making sure not to catch sight of any Ravagers.

Standing in front of the door, looking confused, was Impulse. Tango dropped down and grabbed Impulse's shoulders. "AHHH-" he cried and tried to kick his captor.

Tango walked in front of him, his hands raised in submission. Impulse screamed again, then let loose. "TANGO!! YOU SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH-" Tango bust out in gut-clenching laughter.

"That's what you get for snooping around my game while it's closed!" Impulse started to breath normally again and shook his head. "I was trying- wheeze- to find you," he choked out.

Tango put in his key and shut the door. "What's up?" Impulse smiled and bounced around on the floor. "Wannagoendbustingwithme?" He spat out nervously. Tango shook his head and grinned. "I have work to do, Impy,"
(Note: I'm not actually sure if he calls Impulse this, but I read it in OdalRune's fanfiction, so if OdalRune came up with it, credit to her)

Impulse frowned. "I know, I know, you always do. Can you just take a break-" Tango smoothed back his hair and shouldered his netherite axe. "Impulse, you know I can't. Go hang out with Zed."

Impulse hung his head, rejected. "Okay..." He shot off into the sky, giving a little wave to Tango as he set off.

Tango sat down on the floor of Decked Out, criss-crossed, and pulled out his communicator. He wanted to message Impulse, to say "come back, let's hang out," but he knew he was too late.

Impulse was long gone, off to see what Zedaph was doing. Tango wished he wouldn't push people away so much. Impulse was his best friend, and he had no reason to leave him behind like that.

Instead of messaging him, Tango went to his base and left a couple signs.

"Hey Impy (and Zed). Sorry for blowing you off earlier, if you want to hang out anytime soon, let me know. I've decided to head North for a while. If you need me, come to -918 74 5613. See you later, T"

He stopped at Toon Towers to stock up on some food and resources. He shoved them into an ender chest and strapped on some gear.

And with that, Tango flew North, ender chest in hand.

Hey everyone, thanks for reading! I hope you liked this chapter, I had fun writing it. Thanks so much for 100+ reads! Please share, comment and vote if you enjoy!