Birthdays

Cleo smiled happily as she covered her eyes. It was her 25th birthday, and today she'd know who her soulmate was, and who her enemy was.

She was surrounded by all her friends, and she couldn't be happier. Even if she would find out a potential enemy today. She'd know her soulmate too.

"Alright, let's see," False urged. Cleo pulled her hands down quickly to reveal her wrists. Please let it be someone I don't know, she thought about the enemy.

It's funny how these things revolved around the bad, not the good.

Joehills, on the left.
Cubfan135, on the right.

No one spoke for several seconds. Finally, Cleo stood up. "Thanks everyone for coming over. You- you don't have to stay." She sighed.

A couple of people stood up and left. "Her two best friends? That's just wrong," Cleo heard from some of them. Joe and Cub both still sat silently.

False grabbed Cleo's wrist and pulled her over to the corner. "What are you going to do?" She asked. Cleo peered at the remaining group. There was Xisuma and Keralis, Grian and Stress. A couple of others, with Joe and Cub sitting in the front.

Cleo shrugged. "It's fine- don't worry about it." Ironically, all she was doing was worrying. Her two best friends, Joe and Cub? One was her enemy, one was her soulmate. She didn't want to choose, but it's not like she even had a choice. Destiny always found it's way.

She was one of the older hermits, but definitely not the oldest. Some, like Beef and TFC, were pretty old. They had known their soulmate and enemy for years.

Some people like Grian and Mumbo, were pretty young. They wouldn't know their "people" for a while now. But today was Cleo's birthday and now she knew.

And yet, she didn't know. The suspense would tear her apart.

* time skip *

Cleo sat alone at her table, eating the last slice of cake leftover from the party. She stabbed her fork into the frosting and grit her teeth. Why was everything so unfair?

Thump thump thump

A faint noise wrapped at her door. She ignored it. Who would she even want to talk to right now?

THUMP THUMP THUMP

They pounded again, louder this time. She rolled her eyes angrily. "Who is it?" She yelled, and no one replied for several seconds. Cleo hoped they had flown away.

"It's me. It's Cub," she heard. Oh no, she thought. I was really rude to him. I hope he's not mad.

She speed-walked over to the door and pulled it open slowly. "Erm, come on in, I suppose- sorry to be rude- I thought you were someone else-" Cub walked inside swiftly, for there was a soft sheet of snow coming down.

"You're f-f-fine. I should've messaged you b-before I arrived." He stuttered, laughing. "It's been a rough day. Would you like some cake- I'm about to make hot cocoa."

He shook his head, snow flying every which way. "Can't stay. Work to do- I just wanted to apologize." Cleo raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Look- I may be a zombie, but I'm not stupid. You have nothing to apologize for! You did nothing wrong." Cleo frowned.

"Still. Either me or Joe are you enemy. Or... your soulmate. I'm not putting any pressure on your to find out. Whatever makes you happy." Cleo smiled, wondering if maybe, just maybe, Cub was her soulmate.

She remembered the day when it was his birthday. In clear black ink etched on his wrists,

ZombieCleo
GoodTimeWithScar

It had flabbergasted everyone, but it still didn't solve everything. She was his enemy or his soulmate. It was as clear and simple as that.

"Aww, thanks man. I'll definitely need to think about it for a while. I need to talk to Joe. Thanks for stopping by," Cleo smiled.

Cub gave a weak salute and went outside to face the cold weather.

Cleo would definitely think about it. She wouldn't stop thinking about it until she got her answer.

~~~~~~

Yay another chapter

Who is her soulmate and who is her enemy?? We'll see

Almost 1k reads! Tysm everyone :)

Vote or something idk just vote pls