Making Doors and Giving Spoons

Mumbo for Mayor!

The phrase rang in Mumbo's ears. One day he was just the unsocial hermit who stayed home all day working on red stone, the next he was "Mumbo Jumbo, the only option for Hermitcraft!"

He didn't know want to think. He'd walk around the shopping district, people patting him on the back saying "Congrats Mumbo!", "You've got it Mumbo!"

And Grian was to blame for it.

Sure, he acted like he was excited for the election, but he was annoyed at Grian for volunteering him with no consent.

He hadn't seen Grian for a couple days now, and he was thankful. Whenever Mumbo saw Grian he wanted to strangle him. Mumbo just wanted to focus on his redstone and his base, not all this "Mumbo for Mayor" junk.

The election was in 2 days. Finally it would be over. Mumbo would make sure that he would not win. Scar, False, a n y o n e. They would make a great mayor!

Sure, Mumbo didn't want to be mayor. He wanted to be left alone.

*time skippp*

Election Day.

Mumbo was in a good mood. He had just built a door for the Toon Towers, and it had turned out nicely.

Earlier he was joking around with Scar, and he decided that he would give out spoons as a mayoral campaign.

He knew he wouldn't win, and he was happy. Grian knew it too, he could tell.

*a lil bit more time skip*

"Scar wins!!"

Mumbo breathed a sigh of relief. "Congrats mate," he said as he patted Scar on the shoulder. "You'll make a great mayor."

Mumbo noticed Grian, separated from the group. He flew over to him. "Grian?" Grian seemed to notice Mumbo, all of a sudden.

"Look Mumbo... I'm so sorry! I didn't even vote for you!" Mumbo raised an eyebrow. "Really?" Grian nodded solemnly. Mumbo paused before grinning and shaking Grian's hand.

Grian looked up, confused. "Wha-" Mumbo laughed loudly. "I didn't want to win, mate! It's quite alright, trust me."

Grian took a deep breath and smiled.

Hi everyone! Thanks if you've read it, try to comment, vote and SHARE!!

Okay, seriously, I don't think Mumbo feels this way, and I know him and Grian are good friends in real life. I just wanted to try a different take on the mayoral election. Im not suggesting that there is any conflict between them at all. Hope you enjoyed!

PS: The election was a while ago, so all my information might not be exactly accurate. I haven't watched those episodes in a while.