happy holidays for the hermits

tysm for 2k reads

~~~~~

"You dummy! C'mere, it's not a big deal- just- GO TO YOUR DEATH-" Tango stomped his foot angrily.

His slime farm was not working.

The idea was perfect, of course, no flaws whatsoever. But what else would you expect when dealing with a man like Tango?

And yet, it was not working.

Now- he didn't need this farm, he didn't even want it, but it would definitely look cool. If it worked.

The big slimes refused to jump into the lava, they just ignored the Iron Golem completely. Tango wanted to make something to transport the slimes, kill them,  and make it all look cool at the same time.

This was not an easy feat, even for an extremely talented man like Tango. He almost considered asking for help- but no. This task was for him alone, and some redstone problems weren't going to stop Tango.

Humming to a Christmas tune, he flew away from the slime farm. The unnecessary frustration just wasn't worth it.

Tango flew through the hole, entering his "sorting" room. He figured he'd work on his Holiday Advent Calendar, for there was only a few more days until Christmas and many more hermits to go.

Since the fireplace was done (thank you Bdubs), all that had to be finished were the presents. Tango had gotten some done, like Beefers and Papa K.

But what about the harder ones? Like Stress- what would she want? Some people, like Etho, didn't celebrate Christmas, and he didn't want to offend them in anyway by doing an advent calendar.

There was about 2 weeks left until Christmas, and about a million Hermits left. Who knew there were so many people on one server?

Inside his sorting room, Tango found some assorted goodies like emeralds and lapis. Who needed lapis? Wasn't Cub using some- he'd need to visit the big pyramid.

*time skip*

"Anyone hoooome..?" Tango called apprehensively, his voice echoing through the giant sandstone building. He hadn't seen Cub for a couple of days, but Tango had been busy on the fireplace- and once you get started, it's hard to stop.

He swooped in and out of pillars, in awe of the masterpiece. Cub had decorated for the holidays, with tinsel and large colored bulbs. It looked magnificent.

"Cub?" Tango called again, and this time there was an answer.

The gray-haired pharaoh peeked out of one of the side entrances. "Who- oh, Tango- you scared me-" Cub stuttered nervously as he emerged from the hidey hole.

Tango swooped down to greet his Egyptian friend and clapped him on the shoulder. "Did I scare yah there?" He laughed.

Cub squirmed out of Tango's grip and laughed nervously. "No- uh- just, I don't get many visitors, y'know?" Tango nodded, but he didn't really know. Toon Towers got visitors all the time.

(yes cub is lonely here and I feel kinda bad)

Both hermits stood there awkwardly in the entrance to the pyramid, the desert sun beating down on their exposed necks. "Well- uh-" "Is there something you-" They spoke over each other.

"Haha- you first,"

"Do you need something? I mean, uh, can I help you?" Cub questioned. Tango strode inside the pyramid and glanced up at the blue ceiling. "So- is this lapis?" He asked, avoiding Cub's question.

Cub followed him inside and they started walking down the long hallway. "Yeah, it is. Took me ages to get- but it's worth it. The lapis looks pretty awesome." He smiled, feeling less uncomfortable.

"It does," Tango agreed, and pointed up to the large hole in the ceiling. "Not done yet?" Cub bit his sun burnt lips and shook his head quickly.

"Not enough lapis."

Tango clapped him on the shoulder again, gentler this time. "That's all I needed to hear, bud." He snatched some rockets out of his inventory slot and flew up into the sky.

"See you later! And Merry Christmas!!"

~~~~~

Sorry it took so long for this to come out- just had lots of school work and stuff. I'll try and get 1-2 more chapters out before Christmas.

Happy Holidays, guys, and I'll talk to you later :)

*note* I absolutely love the idea of Cub being a sun burnt introvert lol let me know what you think