I'm Worthy*

Scar's POV:

I wasn't worthy. Not for the title of Mayor, or even the position I was in, running Aqua Town. You can't murder someone and continue being a leading figure for your town. It was a bad look, and I didn't deserve it.

I paced around my chest monster, trying to find the motivation to do something, to organize it.

It's hard to find motivation nowadays.

It's hard. To do anything.

Sometimes I sit and think, think about how I'm actually a murderer. You always think that murderers are the horrible people who recklessly kill people for pleasure.

And yet, I did that.

~~~~~~~

Python's POV:

I hated his situation. He didn't deserve what had happened, and yet he stuck through with it.

I wasn't gonna tell Grian that there's another way to die. To die finally, and have no chance of coming back. Because there's always a chance here, and I had had friends who lost themselves to the Void, who had died for the final time.

I still miss Jessassin and Biffa.

Grian needed a chance, and for now I would take him under my wing. It's so lonely being here, and he needs to know that I'm here for him. I'm always here.

It was a huge surprise, seeing him appear in the middle of the ghostly town, on fire and screaming his head off.

We quickly patted him out and I wrapped him in a warm quilt, interrogated him. I asked about the server, what had changed.

And everything, everything had changed.

I didn't even know Grian. He was new, it seemed, killed by GoodTimesWithScar. I knew the guy, he seemed pretty cool to me, but apparently not.

He killed Grian.

Grian had grown on me, that was for sure. At first he was a small, sullen kid who just wanted desperately to go home. When he finally realized that he would be here for a while, he opened up.

Now we play chess and drink hot chocolate by the fire, because the Ghost Realm wasn't exactly warm. Who knew that whenever an animal or mob died, it came here? Good thing we're dead, or else we might've died to a zombie or something else already.

Grian is still sad, I can see that in his eyes. And somedays he just sits alone in his cabin, crying.

I get that. We all need our days.

I try, I really try, to make Grian feel good, feel happy. But sometimes I know that this goal of mine is unachievable, not without Grian's friend Mumbo.

When Grian talks about his friends, he looks like he's in another world. Like he could reach out, and they would be there. I know his greatest wish is to see them again.

But unless someone were to use magic, dark magic, to revive him, he wouldn't see them again. Unless they died.

Sighing, I floated over to Grian's log cabin, to see what he was doing. I knocked on the door, but I didn't hear the usual quiet, "come in."

I tapped on the wooden door again, but with no avail.

Slowly I pushed the door open and peeked around the corner. I hoped I wouldn't see Grian taking a bath or something.

But no, he wasn't home, which was strange because there weren't many places to go in the Ghost Realm. Well there were, but it wasn't fun.

The Ghost Realm was an exact mirror image of the town of Hermitcraft, and it slowly changes as they migrate and move in the real Hermitcraft. It was colder and more transparent, with lots of fog, but it was still home.

But it was empty.

All the buildings, shops, and bases were empty and cold, and the fields held animals with empty blacks eyes and dead expressions. Grian and I lived in the middle of the shopping district, I think I live in a skin changer shop? There's a large witch statue out front.

Grian lives near, but he wasn't home, as I said before. And I didn't know where he had gone. I figured he had just gone to collect some potatoes from his nearby farm, because he couldn't stand eating the twice-dead animal meat.

When the red-sweatered man didn't return for another hour, then another hour, I knew something was up.

We had both promised to never leave or go on long journeys without at least telling each other. I was afraid that Grian was lying in a field somewhere, knocked out, or even in the End, lost from committing himself to the Void.

Before I started panicking, I decided to wait a bit long to see if he returned.

~~~

A few years back, I almost jumped into the Void and lost myself forever. This was right after Jessassin and Biffa had jumped in, and I was feeling more lonely than ever.

They didn't even tell me what they were planning.

One day it was all fine and dandy, the next I can't find them and all I receive is a message, notifying me of the recent events.

I could only hope and pray that Grian hadn't done the same.

~~~

AYOOOOO how's it going bbs <3

anyway

Hope you enjoyed his one, as always pls vote and stuff we're really close to 10k reads isn't that cool

Also I didn't intentionally turn this into a grumbo fic, and it isn't just based on grumbo but I mean like I was writing them so that it seemed like they were dating so I just made them date

Again, this is just their mc personalities and not the actual Grian and Mumbo irl

Well now that I think about it they're not actually dating yet but oh well

ALSO

If you save this fic to a reading list with a funny title RELATING TO THE STORY and I find it funny I'll screenshot it and put it at the bottom of the chapter so yeah go do that

Thank you lovelies have a nice night/day/undead party