Thanksgiving with the Hermits

Heeeeello everyone, this chapter is about Thanksgiving so if you don't celebrate it feel free to skip this chapter. I'm just writing it because I'm from the US and we're about to celebrate it in a couple of days. :)

~~~~~~

Tomorrow was Thanksgiving. A day to give, well, thanks. To appreciate each other and the server.

The Hermits hadn't started celebrating Thanksgiving until last year, when Grian came onto Hermitcraft. He introduced lots of new things to the server.

For example, Christmas. Yes, they didn't acknowledge Christmas until Grian arrived and forced many holidays upon them.

Almost every hermit loved Thanksgiving, because it didn't require anything crazy. You could just enjoy everyone's presence.

Almost everyone but old Ren Diggity Dog.

He never really accepted the new traditions that Grian brought along. There was work to be done, and these silly holidays got in the way of it.

But since he was admin, Xisuma required that everyone attend the parties and celebrations they held. Ren didn't like this, but he didn't want to get on X's bad side, so he came.

There was delicious food prepared by everyone, they all participated. False would bring macaroni and cheese, which was surprisingly delicious. Cub would bring cinnamon rolls, no matter the argument they put in.

Scar brought the MooPop, and Grian tried cooking chicken once, but that didn't work out very well. Some people, like Stress, were vegan. Some hermits had allergies. They tried to work around that, and it was always a good time.

Bdubs and Keralis insisted on hanging up wreathes of leaves (oh yes I am a poet now) to spruce the place up. It wasn't as extreme as Christmas, but it was exciting nonetheless.

You see, everyone liked it, but Ren didn't. He wasn't used to the interaction or all the touching that came with it. Hugs and handshakes and stuff.

*time skip*

Ren's POV

Today is Thanksgiving, but I don't have much of a reason to give thanks. What have the people here done for me?

I walked into my portal and emerged in the shopping district, where it was decorated for Thanksgiving. Leaves and faint lights. Randomly placed cornucopias.

It wasn't the best, but I couldn't say it was ugly either. I'd be lying. I didn't see them for a second. But there they were, all sitting at an extremely long table enjoying themselves.

*back to third person*

He approached them slowly, trying to seem invisible.

It didn't work.

"Ren! C'mere," Grian called from down the table. He shuffled past Cleo and Joe, who were laughing. Grian was seated in between Mumbo and Iskall, and there was an empty seat in front of him.

Ren slid into the seat uneasily. There was plenty of delicious food, and he couldn't help but lick his lips. "Looks good, doesn't it?" Iskall laughed.

Ren shrugged. "So how has everyone been doing?" He asked, trying to break the awkward silence. Stress walked up and plopped down in the seat next to Iskall.

They hugged loosely, and Grian laughed at Ren's face. He looked disgusted.

There was a sudden clink sound at the head of the table, where Xisuma had tapped a glass.

"Welcome everyone! Thank you for joining us at the Thanksgiving celebration! Today is a day to gives thanks to each other and the server. We celebrate our past and our future. Now enough with that, let's give thanks!"

He sat down beside Keralis and Xb. Someone must've put in a music disc because some comforting tunes started playing. Ren shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

He really didn't want to be here.

Everyone ate, spoke and laughed. Ren eventually found his groove, and started laughing along with them. Mumbo, Grian and Iskall went on about something called "Hermit Challenges", and Ren didn't know what it was, but it still sounded hilarious.

They talked a bit about HEP and the Resistance, but no one was angry at one another. Not now. Not ever.

After about 3 hours, everyone was getting to be tired. They lit a campfire and all sat around it, some sleeping or cuddling. (?? Is there another word for cuddling that doesn't sound so... cuddly?)

It had been a great day, and now Ren was sitting beside Iskall and Stress, who were passed out.

He realized that maybe he did like Thanksgiving. Ren definitely liked spending time with his friends- no, his family. And that's what Thanksgiving is all about.

~~~~

Okay this chapter is so bad lol
I really wanted to write a Thanksgiving chapter but it's kind of hard. It's not as widely celebrated as Christmas is, and Christmas has so much stuff to work with.

Anyways even if I didn't really like it I hope you guys did

Vote or I will have mediocre feelings